• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich

dixiedizfan

DIS Veteran
We plan to be in Downtown Disney Sunday night and will use our first counter service credit there. Which would be better to use it at, WP Express or Earl of Sandwich? I know there is more variety at WP, but also read how good the sandwiches are at Earl.

thats a tough one - Earl was fantastic but at $5 a sandwich you will probably get a better bang for your buck at WP!

they are both great though

I vote for the Earl! DH and I tried to go to WGExpress but weren't happy with the seating options. We ended up at Earl twice on our vacation and LOVED the sandwiches!

The shakes are even better......the service at Earl was "horrible" the night we went. But the food (bread) is so tasty is made up for the horrible service.

I am trying Wolfgang Pucks Cafe for this upcoming trip!

I've never been to Earl but i've been to Wolfgang Puck several times and the food is very good and a pretty good price for all that you get.

Earl of Sandwich limits you to a fountain drink and a cookie for dessert. The "value" of the meal is about what Disney is paying them. If you don't have enough CS credits this is the place you should pay out of pocket. I think you even get a AAA discount.

WP!!! We had a very nice meal there. To be fair we are not fans of the sandwiches at Earl and our DD - then 7 - could not find anything. We thought Earl was overpriced while WP is very good food for the price - and a better way to use credits.

:wizard:

We are fans of WPE but in all fairness we have never been to Earls. The pizzas and salads at WP are really good and are a very good deal IMHO. :)

Wow, thanks for all the replies; I didn't think I'd get any responses. But ... six of one, half a dozen of the other! They both sound good so guess we'll decide when we get there, so thanks again.

We like both, but remain very partial to Earl's - the variety is great and I've overhead people making requests for just a plain tuna or chicken salad sandwich, which they gladly made for them. The crowds are somewhat daunting, but the line moves quickly. The noise level is high, so we sit outside if possible. Service is great and the place is spotless.

My sis and I had the same dilemma on 12/14. We looked at the menu at Earl's but decided to go w/ WP Express instead. At WPE, you are limited to the sandwiches, salads and pizza (no pastas or the signature dishes) for your entree. Your dessert is either a cookie or brownie (or you can get the $1.95 side caesar salad instead), and your beverage choice is soft drink, tea or a regular bottled water. My sis got the Margherita pizza, $1.95 caesar side salad (her dessert credit) and a fountain drink. I got the 4 cheese pizza, brownie, fountain drink and paid OOP for the $1.95 caesar salad. We ate inside and were able to get refills at no charge for our drinks, unususal for CS. I saved the brownie for later as we were about to pop from the pizza and sald, which were great! I should have just skipped the brownie or gotten the cookie; the brownie was nasty!!! It was more the consistency of underdone cake than a brownie - yuck! Very deceiving, as it looked good :rotfl: .

If you go to Earl, pay cash. It is much more valuable to use the plan at Wolfgang Pucks Express.

Denise

I am surprised to see so many people who don't like Earl! I've been many times, and the service (except once, and it wasn't horrible that time) has been fantastic, and the food great.

Denise

Wolfgang Puck Express is very good...Earl of Sandwich is excellent! We would go to WPE if we were in the area and hungry. We will make a special trip to DTD just to eat at EOS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter