wolfgang puck express or Earl of sandwich?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by 3princesses+aprince, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 3princesses+aprince

3princesses+aprince DIS Veteran

I'm trying to pick a CS for our night at DTD. Both of these look good. Any suggestions. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. danielle782001

danielle782001 DIS Veteran

We loved Earl...The food was really good...A nice change of pace from the fried chicken fingers, fries and burgers...The only bad thing was that the line was really long and we had a problem finding a table inside and outside.

4. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

They are both good, I'd go with whatever your family is in the mood for that night. EOS is a sandwich place; they are not any better than a sandwich place back home but sometimes you just want a sandwich instead of a heavy meal. WPE has a variety of stuff, all of which I've found delicious.

5. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Wolfgang Puck's anytime hands down! :thumbsup2
    You get a TS meal for the price of a CS! You order at the counter, then sit down at a table while your meal is brought out for you! We ate a lot there during our last trip and everything we had was wonderful.
    EoS is nice too, but it is VERY crowded in the evening and it is sandwiches ALL the way.

6. webprinter

webprinter DIS Veteran

I would choose Wolfgang Puck Express. We haven't ever had anything bad there and all three of us agree it is a place to go back to everytime we are eating CS at DD. Even the food others were eating looked great. Plus, they have a great varitety ie: meals, pasta, pizza, salads, sandwiches, etc.

7. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

Another Wolfgang Puck Express vote. We love the food and variety!!! :goodvibes

8. andrews1ma

andrews1ma Mouseketeer

just as a previous poster said you get such a value- TS for the price of the CS. I had the BBQ Quesadilla ( I think thats what it was called) both times we ate there on the last trip and so did DH and we loved it! they also have refreshing flavored and freshly brewed Ice teas- and we loved the cookies that came with the cs meal- even my finicky DS who was 8 at the time loved the Pizza and he doesnt like to eat anything!

Have fun!

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We haven't eaten at Earl of Sandwich but Wolfgang Puck Express is awesome :thumbsup2. We eat there atleast once a trip :goodvibes.

10. disneymomof2boyz

disneymomof2boyz DIS Veteran

We love both so much, but if I had to choose, then I would choose WPCafe. Simply because the food there is sooo good, and not a typical sandwich. Not saying that Earl has typical sandwiches, b/c they don't. They have the best sandwich I've ever tasted. But, if I had to choose one, it would be WPCafe.

11. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

I would go with Earl of Sandwich because their sandwiches taste amazing and their prices are very reasonable.

12. LAWalz23

LAWalz23 DIS Veteran

WPE would be my choice also the pizzas are great! Just watch four cheese macaroni, my father was brought out a tiny dried out portion the first time and when he complained the plate they brought out was totally different looking and tasting. The second portion was very good but my Dad was not happy with the first portion that was almost totally inedible because it was so dried out!

13. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

We couldn't decide during our last trip either so we just headed toward that end of DTD. We got to Earl of Sandwich first and walked in to find a HUGE line so we turned around and walked out. We went to WGPE and waited about one minute to be waited on. The food was good an I can't believe the sandwiches at Earl would have been so much better that that kind of wait would have been worth it.

14. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I found that the line moves very fast even when it's that long, so I say it's diceving.

15. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

There are actually 3 lines you have to get through.
    Line 1 - you order
    Line 2 - you pay for your order
    Line 3 - you wait for your order to be prepared

Followed by searching for a spot to sit down.
    EoS sandwiches are good, but the waiting game and seating puts me off.

16. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Well whenever my family and I are there I save a table and my parents order, so that saves some time.

17. paintnolish

paintnolish <font color=darkorchid>You'd think a sniff in the

WPE all the way. Earl is okay, but it is sandwiches. WPE has a ton more options and is really great, especiallyfor a CS option. And, eventhough it is CS, they bring you your food and refill your drinks. It is one of my favorite places to eat!

18. richard_andmel

richard_andmel DIS Veteran

We've had between us (and extended family) almost everything on WPE's menu, including breakfast items. Every meal we've had there has been very good to excellent. We've been to Earl twice and have decided we just don't need to ever return.

19. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

I think both are good, but Wolfgang Puck Express was definitely the better. I like Earl, but it seems like one step up from Quizno's to me. WPE had a lot better choices.

20. xominnieox2

xominnieox2 Mouseketeer

If you're on the dining plan I would suggest Wolfgang puck's, but if you're paying oop then go with Earl. In my opinion both are great. WPE is a great use of a cs credit.

21. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Our meal at WPE earlier this month was FANTASTIC. A CS meal that rivalled a TS dinner. Good quality, excellent service......and so many great dishes to choose from.

I would highly recommend them.

PS: Get the creme brulee....it is won-der-ful! :cool1: