Wofgang Pucks - i am officially confused

Jan

Earning My Ears
so the best i can figure there is a Puck's Express and a Puck's Cafe. I thought the Cafe was the nicer Puck's - and it is the upstairs dining room. I made a PS b/c of the change in the dining plan. Then I read the recent Puck's thread which led me to believe the snazzier Puck's is not on the dining plan. so, i called to change my PS. They told me that only the nicer dining room takes PS (or whatever it s called now) and that is the restaurant that is on the plan. Normally that would end my concern, but I know the CM's make mistakes.

So, my questions are these:

1) The Puck's Cafe is what is on the dining plan. Which one is the cafe?
2) I read the one post that the "surcharge" just covers entrees over $27, does everyone agree with this?
3) Is Puck's any good?

thanks

There are four Wolfgang Puck's:

Two Expresses (Marketplace, Westside - both counter service)
Cafe
Dining Room ("Upstairs")

The Cafe is the regular dining area, and it is downstairs but inside. This is tableservice, I believe is the one on the plan, with the surcharge.

The Dining Room (Upstairs) is the fancy fancy place - prices on par with CG, Jiko, etc. This is not on the dining plan. This is the upstairs one (obviously :) ).

We've only done the Express on the Marketplace side, and enjoyed it very much.

Forever42 has covered the different types of Wolfgang Puck's available. The building at the West Side has Express (some prep-made sandwiches, salads, etc), and delicious personal size flatbread pizzas and pasta dishes that are made to order. It also has the Cafe, which is on the first floor, with inside and outside dining, I believe. The fancy-schmancy restaurant is upstairs, and we've never eaten there.

We've eaten at the Cafe twice and recommend it very highly. They specialize in sushi, and have great sandwiches, salads, pizzas, and entrees. I believe the menu is the same all day long, but am not 100% sure of that.

You can make PS...or AR for the Cafe. We've done so many times. I agree with kda, the Cafe is great. Good food and service and a wonderful variety. We've only dined upstairs once and think it is not worth the difference in price. We like the Cafe so much we never get around to trying some of the other DTD restaurants.

It does get busy at night so we prefer lunch or an early dinner. Even lunch is very busy on the weekends. It is supposed to be a favorite of CMs and other locals.

Forever42 described the differences well. I think many people get confused. I think some people who eat in the Westside Express actually think they've dined in the Cafe. The entrances are so close.

thanks. based on your anwsers, i am pretty sure i have a ps for the wrong place. i will try another cm on the phone and see if they can help me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter