WOC, preferred dinning and getting wet question.

lifeguardette

Mouseketeer
Hey all, so my family and I planning on doing the preferred dining at Ariels grotto so that we can get in the preferred dining section for WOC. Now as we are going mid November, we dont want to get wet. So, is there still stairs/rail at this section where I can stand without getting wet??? I am short and do not want my view to be obstructed (happened last visit), but I also do not want to get wet (also got drenched last visit) thanks!!

Totally off topic, but I'm just tickled that HydroGuy answered the question about getting wet. :lmao:

We went twice in July. The first trip, we were at the elevated rail and got SOAKED. The second trip we went down on the bottom row on the rail, had our ponchos, and not a drop. Really, it all depends on the wind.

We went twice in July. The first trip, we were at the elevated rail and got SOAKED. The second trip we went down on the bottom row on the rail, had our ponchos, and not a drop. Really, it all depends on the wind.

Same happened to me in July also. We saw WOC our first night and got absolutely SOAKED. Granted we were in the front row nearest to the water, but we've been down there plenty of other times and we've only ever gotten a light misting. It honestly looked like I had taken a shower with my clothes on for 10 minutes by the end of the show. But, I must say that that experience made the show even more fun and enjoyable...though afterwards, I was pretty chilly!! :confused3 And then our last night, we saw WOC again but a little farther back and got not one drop of water on us. I think in the fall/winter time at night in OC, it can get chilly, especially when you're soaked with water :lmao: Bring a poncho or stand farther back!!

we are going in november (6-9) and will be doing the picnics with fastpass for our second night. we were thinking of trying to get regular fastpass tickets for our first night and using that time to scout out best seats etc, as per the WOC superthread map (which has been invaluable).

the others in our party actually want the red section, and want to get right down the front in the wet section...

is this usually a popular spot, or do most 'avoid the wet section' due to not wanting to get wet?

we are going in november (6-9) and will be doing the picnics with fastpass for our second night. we were thinking of trying to get regular fastpass tickets for our first night and using that time to scout out best seats etc, as per the WOC superthread map (which has been invaluable).

the others in our party actually want the red section, and want to get right down the front in the wet section...

is this usually a popular spot, or do most 'avoid the wet section' due to not wanting to get wet?

People tend to go to the front first because that is considered the best seats to any show. But for WoC it is better to be against any rail so you have a clear view, and it won't matter as much as to what row.

If you go twice I would do a front and then back row. That way you can feel super immersed in the show being close, and then take in the whole show from being near the back.

thanks skiingfast... that's helpful advice.

i'm the uber-planner of our group, so hopefully being there about 1.5 hrs ahead of show time will mean we get to run to some good spots :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter