WOC Preferred Dining please tell me a good spot to stand with small kids?

summer0407

Mouseketeer
We have Preferred dining at AG in 2 weeks we have a party of 10 with 5 kids ages 1, 2,5,6, and 8 and 5 adults all short! What time should we arrive to line up for the first show? Our dining reservation is at 5:00. Can someone please tell me a good spot to try to get to be able to see the show? I have searched many threads but I am so confused about this. I always see " stand at railing" but with the middle section I am not seeing a lot of railing?? We don't care if we get wet so that is no biggie. I would guess the 1 and 2 year old will be asleep in strollers for the show but I know the older kids will want to see it. I also wanted to know if anyone has the menu for Ariel's I have been in search of that and not found it.
Thanks again!

We did AG last night. We also had the 5:00 reservation.

We showed up at the end of the pier at 6:30. It was a long time before we were directed WHERE to go, very frustrating.

They will move you to an area before they walk you down. I would avoid brining a stroller, those that did were actually taken to a different area and I don't think they were happy.

When they walk you down, we went all the way up to the railing. Yes, we got misted quite a bit, but at the railing, my kiddos saw everything, as did we. I am so happy we got there early.

We have Preferred dining at AG in 2 weeks we have a party of 10 with 5 kids ages 1, 2,5,6, and 8 and 5 adults all short! What time should we arrive to line up for the first show? Our dining reservation is at 5:00. Can someone please tell me a good spot to try to get to be able to see the show? I have searched many threads but I am so confused about this. I always see " stand at railing" but with the middle section I am not seeing a lot of railing?? We don't care if we get wet so that is no biggie. I would guess the 1 and 2 year old will be asleep in strollers for the show but I know the older kids will want to see it. I also wanted to know if anyone has the menu for Ariel's I have been in search of that and not found it.
Thanks again!
Sorry, our first time seeing WOC is next Wednesday. I am using the online threads as best I can. We have AG reservations at 5:30 and plan to arrive at the WOC line as soon as we are done - hopefully by 6:45 and 7 at the very latest. We plan to move quickly down to the railing near the water in the preferred area.

Here is a thread I have bookmarked that has helped me and has photos:

WOC Viewing Chart

Here is a great hi-res photo of the area

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/101293-2/ParadisePark_By_Daniel_K_Lew.jpg

Good luck! :wizard:

We will have to bring our strollers there is really no way around that can you not be at the rails with strollers?

We will have to bring our strollers there is really no way around that can you not be at the rails with strollers?
Here's a photo from last night. FWIW, there's a Disney stroller at the front railing (in the preferred dining section). (The man in the blue shirt is sitting in it. :) )

100722203.jpg

Thanks again!
FWIW, the railings are approximately 3.5-feet high.

HTH :earsboy:

OK so I am hoping to get yellow or blue FP with early hotel entry next weekend... I guess if I get red then ok, but hoping not.

Anyway, I will get there around 6:45 or 7 - should I go as far down as possible on the rail? Are the lower tier rails better? The upper ones, are they not that much higher or something where someone can block your view?

Do they open the "wet" section at a later time, or can I go straight there??

Sorry for all the questions... I promise I have read over EVERY WoC thread multiple times... just still confused!!!

Kim :)

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I thought I'd check to see if the advice here changes now that WOC is approaching a year and many of the threads that come up during the search are about a year old.

We'll be going in August with 7 y.o. boys who will be too big to pick up and too short to see otherwise. I thought I'd spring for a dinner ressie, to kill two birds with one stone: dinner and a show.

Will the chances be good that my kids can get a good view in the PD section or would it still be likely to be a mad crush of people?

Thanks for the input!

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I thought I'd check to see if the advice here changes now that WOC is approaching a year and many of the threads that come up during the search are about a year old.

We'll be going in August with 7 y.o. boys who will be too big to pick up and too short to see otherwise. I thought I'd spring for a dinner ressie, to kill two birds with one stone: dinner and a show.

Will the chances be good that my kids can get a good view in the PD section or would it still be likely to be a mad crush of people?

Thanks for the input!
If you show up early enough that will work. At least 60 minutes before the show but 90 will be better.

See "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447 where all the info in the OP is up to date.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter