WOC in Ten days and clueless !

Mickey Buffet

Wastin' away again in Dis-ville
:mickeyjum
Hi all,

Have not seen it yet and going on Mickeys and my birthday. Just have been reading up on here the best way's to view, and wanted to get some feed back on some questions. We'll probably do the Picnic deal, to get somewhat prefered seating.

• Has anyone seen the 8:15 showing recently ? We have 2yo so this early option is good for us but wasn't sure if there were any drawbacks.
  • What time should we arrive in order to get a railspot .

Thanks!

Your FP you get with picnics will have a return time of 7 to 7:45.

You can go to the waiting area anytime before this and will be in a huge group of people. They will open the gate at about 6:45. There is no need to get there an hour before. Maybe 15 to 30 minutes show up and when in the group try to work toward the front.

When the gate opens it is tight, one stroller wide. The group will move toward the water and you can go of to the side into any tier of the color group. Then get a spot on the rail.

I assume you will have a stroller. If you can leave it the whole time so you can move easier when the gate is opened.

Hey Thanks a bunch For the info Skiingfast! Yeah will have a stroller but figgrured I 'd leave it outside, so we can be more manuverable

Anyone know how much of a deal is it once we got spots to make trips outside (in case of potty trips or the like) while we're waitin. The crowd sites say it will be pretty light that day, but as with all new stuff suspect the crowds will still be pretty big.

Thanks!

It didn't really matter how big the crowd was at the park during the day there were always tons of people packed into WOC each night. 7 nights at VGC rm 2520 - we could watch it off our balcony (although obstructed) and could see the mobs of people every night.

We never tried to go to the actual show as we felt we had experienced enough of it from our room, every night for 7 nights - 2 or 3 times a night on a couple of nights :rotfl2: We were good.

We did watch it twice from the patio on top of VGC - not sure if that is an option for you. Its also obstructed, but if there is a chance your young child may not like loud, intense, fire, crowds, etc... its a nice option. We're not big show people so it was plenty for us.

Anyone know how much of a deal is it once we got spots to make trips outside (in case of potty trips or the like) while we're waitin. The crowd sites say it will be pretty light that day, but as with all new stuff suspect the crowds will still be pretty big.

Thanks!

Like PP said how busy the park is won't matter. Almost every show is 100% full as Paradise Park the viewing area has a set number for viewing capacity.

One you go in hold onto you fastpass. When you find a spot if someone needs to go out it's fine. Just know as time goes on more people will pack in behind you so save the space.

Before they open the gates you can go in and out if you need to, no problem.

There is a preshow that runs for about 15 minutes. It starts a little before 8 and then has about a 10 minute gap before WoC starts.

WoC Paradise Park viewing map.

This post is from the WoC superthread. Maybe you have seen the thread I wasn't sure. Anyway notice the blue and yellow area and the arrows into them. Just to give you an idea of where you are going. Picnics will get you eighter a blue or yellow area FP.

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT! It is my favorite show at WDW or DLR that I have ever seen. And I've seem manyyyyyyyy. It's so magical and fun for everyone. :) I'd get there about 30 minutes in advance. It won't seem like a long wait though because there is a fun pre-show with Lumiere and Mike Wazowski and others. :) The show runs about 30 minutes (maybe a little less) so the 8:15 show is perfect for a little one because it will be over by 8:45 at the latest. :) Enjoy!

Okay ...am now SERIOUSLY stoked about going now!!! Thanks a ton for the info! Have never been there during holiday time either..:santa: Kids will love it!.. :cool1:.....awe who am I kiddin so will we !

Hi, Mickey Buffet - a word to the wise. Make your WOC picnic reservations NOW!

We waited too long for the picnic deal and now it's sold out. :sad::sad: (Not sure we'd actually be able to make the trip due to the health of several family members - they're stable and healthy so feel comfortable that all will be well in our absence.) We're arriving Thursday, 11/11 and staying through Sunday afternoon. And I know it's going to be busy, busy, busy.

Can anyone help with what would be our next best alternative? A run for a Fast Pass at Grizzy Run? We can't afford Ariel's Grotto or the Wine Trattoria. Can you just show up without a fast pass? I'll be bummed if we can't see it but it couldn't be avoided.

Thanks for any suggestions.

We waited too long for the picnic deal and now it's sold out. :sad::sad: (Not sure we'd actually be able to make the trip due to the health of several family members - they're stable and healthy so feel comfortable that all will be well in our absence.) We're arriving Thursday, 11/11 and staying through Sunday afternoon. And I know it's going to be busy, busy, busy.

Can anyone help with what would be our next best alternative? A run for a Fast Pass at Grizzy Run? We can't afford Ariel's Grotto or the Wine Trattoria. Can you just show up without a fast pass? I'll be bummed if we can't see it but it couldn't be avoided.

You can buy picnics the day of, for the later show. Yesterday we grabbed the picnics for lunch, and got the FPs for the 10:15 show.
Also, the first time we watched it was without passes. We watched from underneath the Silly Symphony Swings. The CMs lined up the park benches, so it was like we had our own VIP viewing area. However, the benches have to be 3 feet from the railings. The group next to us didn't understand that, and kept moving the benches back every time she walked by. It wasn't the best view of the water screens, but it worked for us!

I was just coming to say the same thing to the OP, that if the show you want to see is in 10 days, you're gonna want to check if it's even available. The picnic meals are available to book up to 30 days in advance, and seem to sell out rather quickly. We're going to see it on the 20th, and I bought it last month.

1) Show up at the California Adventure gate at 9:15. Have everyone in your party enter the gate when the rope drop happens at 9:30. Walk with the crowd to the GRR World of color Fastpass line.
2) You will wait in the line for 5-10 minutes to get fastpasses (Blue or Yellow) for the 1st show.
3) RELAX enjoy the rest of the day. No cost, no fuss, eat whatever whenever you want.
4) Show up about 15-20 minutes before the time shown on the Fastpass.

Have Fun......

Alternate 4) If you follow the above you will likely have BLUE. Wait until the time on the fastpass and walk directly in without fighting the crowd. As soon as you hand the BLUE Fastpass to the cast member for the section, take one step and look to your right and find the yellow fire hydrant. Go to the rail behind the yellow fire hydrant and you will have a great overall view without fighting the crowd. NOTE: The cast members send the early crowd to the zoo in the lower sections - just ignore their directions and go directly to the empty spot shown.:cool1:
IMG_0557.jpg

There is no need to get there an hour before. Maybe 15 to 30 minutes show up and when in the group try to work toward the front.

Please don't do this. For anyone reading for whom position is important. Please don't assume your time or position is more precious than those who actually arrive early to get that cherished position. Just take the position available to you at the time you arrive or be prepared to arrive sooner. It is up to each individual to decide what that time/position will be. Just please don't infringe upon others when you do decide to show up. Ok, I'll step down now.

1) Show up at the California Adventure gate at 9:15. Have everyone in your party enter the gate when the rope drop happens at 9:30. Walk with the crowd to the GRR World of color Fastpass line.
2) You will wait in the line for 5-10 minutes to get fastpasses (Blue or Yellow) for the 1st show.
3) RELAX enjoy the rest of the day. No cost, no fuss, eat whatever whenever you want.
4) Show up about 15-20 minutes before the time shown on the Fastpass.

Have Fun......

Alternate 4) If you follow the above you will likely have BLUE. Wait until the time on the fastpass and walk directly in without fighting the crowd. As soon as you hand the BLUE Fastpass to the cast member for the section, take one step and look to your right and find the yellow fire hydrant. Go to the rail behind the yellow fire hydrant and you will have a great overall view without fighting the crowd. NOTE: The cast members send the early crowd to the zoo in the lower sections - just ignore their directions and go directly to the empty spot shown.:cool1:
IMG_0557.jpg

Thanks so much!!! I will be looking for the yellow hydrant. The picture is a great help. We will have our 15 month old with us and want a good view, but prefer to not fight the crowds.

Please don't do this. For anyone reading for whom position is important. Please don't assume your time or position is more precious than those who actually arrive early to get that cherished position. Just take the position available to you at the time you arrive or be prepared to arrive sooner. It is up to each individual to decide what that time/position will be. Just please don't infringe upon others when you do decide to show up. Ok, I'll step down now.

Unfortunately for those who showed up earlier there is no line. Nobody has a place for which you could cut in front of. This is how WoC was designed and how it works.

Unfortunately for those who showed up earlier there is no line. Nobody has a place for which you could cut in front of. This is how WoC was designed and how it works.

They do have them lined up along the walk-way prior to entry. Well last night anyway. The first to line up are the first to enter the area and thereby will have first pick of a spot in the area they enter. It's all relative.

Great suggestions, everyone, thanks so much. Cpster, see you at the yellow hydrant! :woohoo::woohoo:

Feeling so much better now, WOC was one of the main reasons for our trip.

Blue pass over near the bridge is a great place to see show that probably won't require you to show up terribly early. Last time I went the crowds were much less than the first, no waiting in line, or any of that. Don't try to fight your way into the "front viewing" area even if you get in that big area chances are some dingbat will put his kid on his shoulders right in front of you (Murphy's law of Inconsiderateness usually prevails).

Right by the bridge where they have the ropes to block people off was a great spot, I've been told on the bridge is just as good, but because there's a stairway down into that aforementioned "front viewing" area there won't be anyone physically in your line of sight, there might be a tree but honestly unless that sucker is in full bloom it won't be a problem. You'll be right next to the ropes so there will be cast members near by to stop all those trying to sneak in, no one will pile up behind you. Good times.

The FPs for WOC are actually much easier to get now than they were at first.
We wanted one for the 11.00 show on our last night (Fri 29th) and had to wait until about 7.30 before they were giving them for that time. We tried a couple of times but they were for the earlier show and ended up waiting by the machines til they changed.
We were quite a way back in the holding area but got a really good spot right at the front by the railing.

We had seen the show earlier that week (with picnics) and were latish arriving - it was after people had gone into the areas but we still got a good place just behind the VIP section which was almost empty and the few people there were sitting.

Its easy to work out which is blue and yellow sections as the lights at the end of each section have that colour light showing

We bought the picnics last month, and honestly was not terribly impressed with the "Preferred Viewing" area. Most nights we watched it from our room at VGC and had a great view from above, but spent one night at the preferred viewing and another night where we just got the regular Fastpasses and couldn't tell the difference between the two. Either way as long as you can see the water screens from the ground vantage point you're good to go. =) It was, however, highly advantageous to be a Resort Hotel guest and have one party member be able to go downstairs _before_ Disney Cali Adventure opened to get the Fastpasses so we didn't have to wait in the long line. If we hadn't been staying at VGC the $12.95 for the picnics would have been worth skipping that line alone ...
Enjoy!

We bought the picnics last month, and honestly was not terribly impressed with the "Preferred Viewing" area.

The picnics do not get you in the preferred dining section. They are just a way of getting a Fastpass without having to wait in line for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter