WOC: Dining package vs. Dessert Party-which would you do?

ryels

Mouseketeer
We're headed to DL in May. We're WDW regulars, but have only been to DL one previous time: in 2019 when WOC was shut down.

I was thrilled to hear that it would be back in time for this trip and want to make sure we see it. Assuming that they actually DO bring back the dining packages and dessert party, which would you do?

Assuming that they are similar to the previous versions, those of you that have done them in the past, what did you like or dislike about either one?

Looking for any helpful advice or experiences about the quality of the views, the food choices, pretty much anything that would help make a decision.

Thanks!

Dessert party. Not only do you get a seat but you are in the dessert party area which is separated from the masses of standing crowds. Hilariously enough the desserts are rather crappy but they also do coffee, tea, sparkling wine and a specialty alcoholic beverage. This purchase to me is 100% having a seat at the end of the day and being removed from the crowds. (At least they did in the past. It takes a decent amount of CMs to run it so idk if they’ll bring it back right away.)

Dessert party. Not only do you get a seat but you are in the dessert party area which is separated from the masses of standing crowds. Hilariously enough the desserts are rather crappy but they also do coffee, tea, sparkling wine and a specialty alcoholic beverage. This purchase to me is 100% having a seat at the end of the day and being removed from the crowds. (At least they did in the past. It takes a decent amount of CMs to run it so idk if they’ll bring it back right away.)

Thanks! Being separated from the crowds is worth a ton to us. I feel sort of that way about the MK Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. It's gotten so expensive, and the food is just ok, but being out of the madness is worth the price :)

I absolutely love the dessert party and have done it several times. The desserts aren't amazing by any means, but they are good! And they also usually give some fruit and cheese. The drinks are great - when it was colder I was able to get both the hot chocolate to keep me warm and still have a glass of sparkly. They will also offer a box so you can take the desserts with you after party which made for a great breakfast or snack the next day. Recommend the high top tables if you are able to get one so you have a slightly elevated view. One note is that pre-covid they would sometimes group smaller parties together - when I was solo I would get seated with another party of two. Not sure what they will do moving forward, but everyone I sat with was very friendly and had a lot of fun meeting them. And having a table to sit after a long day - worth its price in gold.

I absolutely love the dessert party and have done it several times. The desserts aren't amazing by any means, but they are good! And they also usually give some fruit and cheese. The drinks are great - when it was colder I was able to get both the hot chocolate to keep me warm and still have a glass of sparkly. They will also offer a box so you can take the desserts with you after party which made for a great breakfast or snack the next day. Recommend the high top tables if you are able to get one so you have a slightly elevated view. One note is that pre-covid they would sometimes group smaller parties together - when I was solo I would get seated with another party of two. Not sure what they will do moving forward, but everyone I sat with was very friendly and had a lot of fun meeting them. And having a table to sit after a long day - worth its price in gold.

Awesome. Thank you! An elevated table sounds perfect.

We've done both. Dessert party all the way. Dining you still have to get there really early and stake out a spot and if you don't make it to the front (wet zone- bring a poncho) or on the steps and are short like me or kids it can be very hard to see, as unless things change, they make everyone stand when the show starts (which I wish they would just let everyone sit like in the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining area because it is so easy to see the show that way). I love being in the very front in the wet zone with the dining package--- but it takes a lot more time and effort than the Dessert party (and did I mention ponchos- LOL- more than once people thought we were crazy for pulling those out and then at the end of the show they were soaked and we were dry- depends on which way the wind is blowing). The dessert package you get a table and chairs- it is farther away, but the view is still great. After a long park day, it is nice to just sit in a chair and have a drink and some snacks and wait for the show to start.

I'll definitely do the dessert party over the dinner since you get to sit down.That's why I've done the fantasmic dinner at River Belle terrace before. It's so worth it to know you have a place to sit with a good view, and you don't lose park time by needing to arrive early to get a spot.

I noticed in the description it says " A sweet and savory selection of desserts and appetizers." I wonder if that just means the cheese they always gave, or could they be adding something new? I guess we'll see.

+1 to dessert party. It is the best ending to a long day being able to sit down and watch the show.

just know that depending on the # of people in your group, you may be seated with another party. It’s always worked out for me, but I’ve seen some reviews where it has Not.

the dining package is basically similar to the experience you would get if you did the fastpass, just guaranteed and probably less crowded.

Thanks for all the great responses! Dessert party is a clear winner. Really hoping that they do have some savory options on there if it's back in time. I really just need a couple cubes of cheese and maybe some crackers to call it a dinner and justify it even further :)

Yet another vote for the Dessert Party. In the past the plate included cheese and a few pieces of fruit as well as breadsticks for the table. I agree that the desserts are only OK and not amazing- also a bit much dessert to eat in one sitting but they will give you a box for the leftovers.

For $120 a person, I'd have to rethink it. Even $84 was pushing it. Especially if you have kids (or people under 21), since they can't take advantage of the alcohol offered. I remember a few years ago, for the kids they offered some glow in the dark plastic glass (that I think synced up with WOC). But the last couple times I went, they stopped providing that.

One note is that pre-covid they would sometimes group smaller parties together - when I was solo I would get seated with another party of two. Not sure what they will do moving forward, but everyone I sat with was very friendly and had a lot of fun meeting them.

We were sat with another party of two that seemed like they didn't know this would happen ahead of time and it was the most awkward and uncomfortable experience I've had in a Disney park so YMMV.
Not sure the chair is worth possibly going through that again so we'll be looking at (hopefully) dinner packages on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter