WOC Dessert party question # 53,598

:genie:Maybe this is a silly question, but is the desert party the only option to get seating? Does the WOC dinner at any of the restaurants have seating area?:rolleyes1

It's the only option with actual seating. The meal packages just give you access to specific standing sections of the viewing area.

It's the only option with actual seating. The meal packages just give you access to specific standing sections of the viewing area.
Mmmmm... I'm debating between each WOC dinner vs. Desert party. We've seen WOC but it's been years. Coming from Washington State. Hoping it won't be drained by JAN19th & can watch it again & also hoping to see it with a "good view" (especially for DD's ages 10 & 12)...decisions decisions. :upsidedow

We attended the WOC Dessert party last Thursday (10/27). We arrived at 7:15 for an 8:15 show and there were already about 20 people in line ahead of us. The line really filled up right after we got there though. We were asked if a front row high top table was ok. That was exactly what we wanted but I'm guessing we could have asked for something different.
My boys (13 & 16) said it was probably the best thing they had ever experienced at Disney. And they have been going to Disney World since they were babies.IMG_6194.JPG

Last edited:
I'm going this Thursday, which had an original reservation time of 7:15 for a 8:15 show. Now looking at the event on Disneyland.com, it shows as a 7:30 reservation. I guess I'll probably show up around 7:30 and hope for the best. There is still availability for my night, so maybe I won't have to share a table!
I was gonna ask this.... if the show time changes, do the res. times automatically change too? right now mines at 8:15 which seems kind of early based on crowds etc

...My boys (13 & 16) said it was probably the best thing they had ever experienced at Disney...
img_6194-jpg.204387
It's nice to see they both received a World of Color Made with Magic Cup :teacher:
When the Dessert Party was introduced, the cups were only for guests 12 and under :headache:
The policy seems to be more relaxed (based on more recent posts), but it would be nice if ALL dessert party guests received cups -- 4 cups on every table, all flashing in sync with the show :idea:

It's nice to see they both received a World of Color Made with Magic Cup :teacher:
When the Dessert Party was introduced, the cups were only for guests 12 and under :headache:
The policy seems to be more relaxed (based on more recent posts), but it would be nice if ALL dessert party guests received cups -- 4 cups on every table, all flashing in sync with the show :idea:

That would be cool! :rainbow:

Since we paid for 2 adult spots and neither of us will be drinking adult beverages, I'm hoping my 16 year old daughter will be offered one of the cups.

I was gonna ask this.... if the show time changes, do the res. times automatically change too? right now mines at 8:15 which seems kind of early based on crowds etc

The show time didn't change though. It is still 8:15. However, my reservation changed to 7:30 from 7:15.

:genie:Maybe this is a silly question, but is the desert party the only option to get seating? Does the WOC dinner at any of the restaurants have seating area?:rolleyes1

No other seating area. You are assigned to a section where you will stand once it starts. We sit on the ground until it starts so you get to rest a bit. But no comfy chairs.

We were surprised they got cups. The server did not ask their ages, he just brought the cup to our table. I agree it would be nice if everyone received them.

That would be cool! :rainbow:

Since we paid for 2 adult spots and neither of us will be drinking adult beverages, I'm hoping my 16 year old daughter will be offered one of the cups.

Agree! We also did not have the adult beverages but the hot chocolate was very delicious.

I forgot to mention that there were at least 5 empty tables at our party. They still seated two parties of two together at the table next to us.

We were surprised they got cups. The server did not ask their ages, he just brought the cup to our table. I agree it would be nice if everyone received them...
Providing cups for all guests would add very little cost.
The cups sell for $25-30, but likely only cost a few dollars.

I forgot to mention that there were at least 5 empty tables at our party. They still seated two parties of two together at the table next to us.

That almost makes me wonder if they were keeping them in case of "walk up" guests?

Or possibly for those people who refuse to sit with someone else and are willing to make a scene to get their way?

Or possibly for those people who refuse to sit with someone else and are willing to make a scene to get their way?

I'm not sure you could do that since the tickets clearly state you will be sat with other parties.

I'm relatively introverted but don't see the problem with groups of two sharing tables. Maybe because I'm used to cruiselines, where even honeymooning couples are expected to eat every dinner with people they've never met. Sharing a table with two strangers at WOC would be much better than being packed into a small area with many strangers.

I am also hopeful that my teens, who both look young for their ages, will get the cups. Cost-wise, it makes sense for at least anyone too young to drink alcohol to be offered the cups, since we're all paying the same amount.

I'm not sure you could do that since the tickets clearly state you will be sat with other parties.

The kind of people who'd make that scene aren't the one's who'd be stopped by pesky things like rules and fine print. It may not work, but, as accommodating as Disney CM's can be at times, I could see it being the kind of thing they'd plan for to avoid a scene. Or maybe not, just throwing ideas out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter