WOC...another ?

Butterfly123

DIS Veteran
Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered. I've read most of what I could find on these threads about WOC...best viewing spot, getting fastpasses, etc. Some of the information was written when WOC was newer. I'm wondering if the times suggested for lining up to get a good viewing spot still hold true, or, now that WOC isn't so new, if the time to show up and get a good spot are shorter. We are going third week in June. My head just spins when I think about trying to figure this whole WOC thing out! Also, do people just plop themselves on the ground while waiting for the show to start? (I'm assuming you stand for the show). Thanks! :)

Yes, the lineup times still hold true. There is still the same number allowed into each show based on the Fastpass system, so you're still competing with just as many people as you were when it first opened. Your FP will have a return time on it, which is between 60 and 30 minutes before showtime. I would say I pretty much show up about 40 minutes before showtime because I often go by myself and am tall enough (5'7") that a prime spot is not as important to me. If you are going with children that won't be able to see if they aren't near the front, I would recommend showing up the full 60 minutes prior to showtime and lingering around the staging area even before they officially start lining up.

While there is no reason that you couldn't sit down on the ground one you've claimed your viewing spot, in my experience I haven't observed many people doing that. I've seen some parents holding a spot for the grandparents while they sit down on a curb, but I haven't seen a lot of people just sitting down in the middle of the crowd - I feel like I wouldn't want to be staring at people's kneecaps while they stood around me. I have been to WOC about 6 or 7 times for what it's worth, most recently last month.

I did the preferred dinning reservations for WOC at Trittora which had EXCELLENT view options. The food wasnt too bad and the price wasnt bad either but the tickets for WOC we got with it were great! Ariel''s grotto also offers this dining package.

I was worried because some of the earlier threads had people lining up an hour before their fastpass return time. That is a lot of waiting! We aren't planning on the dining options. I have a son on a special diet, and it's a little pricey, as there are five of us.

I did the preferred dinning reservations for WOC at Trittora which had EXCELLENT view options. The food wasnt too bad and the price wasnt bad either but the tickets for WOC we got with it were great! Ariel''s grotto also offers this dining package.

Hi, just wondering when you went. We are doing the package with Ariel's Grotto since we planned on a special dinner anyway. Have you been recently or was it back before they changed the sections somewhat? Also, did you go to the 1st or 2nd show and what time did you get in line? We are short people with kids and would really like to get a good spot to be able to see.

Thanks!

Hi, just wondering when you went. We are doing the package with Ariel's Grotto since we planned on a special dinner anyway. Have you been recently or was it back before they changed the sections somewhat? Also, did you go to the 1st or 2nd show and what time did you get in line? We are short people with kids and would really like to get a good spot to be able to see.

Thanks!

We did it very recently. The dining package section is called 'white' now. We actually reserved one of the latest dinners (7:50 i think) for the first show and didnt realize we had to line up and and meet somewhere.

We took our tme eating and got up thinking "oh no!" When we were done the Reserved dining section had left to go to the section already. A CM saw us walk out of the restaraunt and everyone very nicely guided us to where we should be and we had EXCELLENT viewing!

It was in late Feb when we went so the crowds arent as bad. But either way the dining seating is the best I think and there is no need to line up and wait. Almost all the viewing is great in that section.

I am not sure if we got lucky, but we took our time eating and walked to the section after and saw the show fantastically. I would only line up if you want to be against the railing (in which you may get wet!) or have a spot you absolutly have to have!! I am 5'3'' and I had no problem seeing. There are stairs you can stand on that make and area really ideal as well.

Let me know if you ahve any other questions :)

Thanks!

We also did the dining package at Ariel's Grotto. We had a 6:45 dinner reservation and went to the 9:00 dinner show. The food was really good and we took our time eating. It was nice to rest our feet after three full days in the parks. We went over to the white area line up around 8:00 although our fast pass directed us to return at 8:30. We were able to sit up against the fence/rail until the show started. My girls were (ages 3 and 6) were able to stand and see because there is a drop off right below the fence. Perfect viewing. Try to go to the right side of the white seating area.
Enjoy!

Aurora&Prince-BusyB15.....Thank you so much for the info!! How early before the show should I make reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter