WLV

bschool

Earning My Ears
Just about to buy into Wilderness Lodge Villas and will only have enough points for a week in a studio there in August. Does anyone have an opinion about the studios? We are four adults, me and the wife and two daughters. We do NOT plan to spend a whole lot of time in the room.

My advice: Plan for the future.

You're going to come to view WDW as truly a home-away-from-home after a dozen years of visiting there, so you may end up wanting a one-bedroom villa so you can spread out and relax a bit more. You'll likely be spending a lot more time at the hotel and in the room, once it becomes such a great place to be...

Brian Charles Kohn
"in my own words"
Some Imagination, huh? - Mickey Mouse

We were just there and also bought points. I have to agree, I would go with a 1 bedroom. You would be much more comfortable. I am curious about your daughters ages, if they are small that would make a big difference. The villas are really very nice!

We enjoy the studios and not because they are half the points of a 1 br. I'm not sure how much time you spend in your room but we are out the door at 7-8 in the morning, maybe come back to do the pools and out for dinner and the rest of the evening and back 9 - 10:30 depending on what's going on. Not much time in the room lounging around or seating around watching TV. I can do that at home. We have some breakfast stuff and eat out for lunch and dinner. You're on vacation.
Just my opinion.

Ed

buy what you need now - if you decide later that you want some more add-ons. You might when and if you get grandchildren.

I to spend very little time in the room. The Studios are great. I would rather stay twice as long in a studio than half as long on a 1Br.

As you can see, you're going to get as many different answers as you do people answering. You have to decide based on your own needs. How does your family do when you stay in a hotel room? That's pretty much what the studio will be like.

Tom

Remember, if you avoid one friday or saturday you'd have alot more points to use. Mabe put the fri. and sat. at the beginning or end of your stay and stay offsite those days.

Hi, I have 2 small children and I found the studio at OKW to be very spacious. I liked the fact that we had 2 queen size beds. This year I have reserved a 1 BR a WLV and I am disappointed to know that some of us will be sleeping on a queen size sofa.....so my point being if you like sleeping comfortably in a bed go with the studio, epsecially if you don't plan on being in the room except to sleep. However if you would like more privacy go with the 1 BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter