• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WLV to WL. How far?

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
We've never stayed at WLV and want to try them out. How far is the walk from the Villas to the Lodge? If we wanted to eat at Lodge restaurants, is it a good hike or not too bad? (We may be traveling with 80+ year olds who are not disabled but not really up for tons of walking either.)

They are next door to each other, probably about 100 yards. There is a covered walkway all the way. It might help if you are able to get a VWL room on the end near WL. That would cut down on walking. They also have room service delivered from WL to VWL.

Thank you for the quick replies!! Also, is the walk to the boat dock to MK far? I assume there is valet parking? (Sorry, should have asked these in the original post!)

To catch the boat walk out the back way, through the pool area. Follow the wood walkway past the "geyser" and out to the dock. It a quick, comfortable walk.

Thanks, Margie. Sounds like VWL will work for Mom and Dad! Can't wait after reading so many nice comments on these boards!

Last trip at VWL, we had a ground floor studio to the left as you entered the lobby from the walkway. It was great. I'm sure the other rooms on that floor would also be great. It was a short walk out the door to the walkway and to the bus stop or the lodge. To get to the boat to MK, it was down the short hall way and out the back by the pool and on to the boat.
The room number was 1514 so any in that range would probably be down the same hallway and above also, if you would rather have a higher up room. We loved it! And I know your folks will also.

Thank you for specifics on room number. It is so helpful when we have not been there before. Mom and Dad have all they can do to walk the parks (their pride refuses to consider wheelchairs or motorized carts) so the less walking at "home" the better. :sunny:

The walking around WLV to WL and its restaurants is not bad. In fact, just staying at WLV makes you want to slow down and relax. Your 80+ year young folks might enjoy sitting in the Iron Spike Room in those comfortable leather chairs by the fireplace, or the fireplace in the Lodge area. Great places to curl up with a good book. Yall have fun:)

All these posts are really getting me psyched! Can't wait to retire from teaching so I have some flexibility in my travel! Then the countdown clock between trips will not seem FOREVER and I can use fewer points per visit, allowing more trips. Thanks, all, for your input!

Thank you, jaysue! I have added this site to my bookmarks. I was not aware of it and it gives me a much better sense of distances. There is always someone so willing to help on this Board!

Do mention your parents' limits when you make a room request. We want my parents to stay at the Lodge but the walking varies a lot depending on where the room is. If you call MS and tell them you have grandparents, they will try their best to put you in those low-numbered rooms like 1514 mentioned above. We scoped out that very hallway and dh and I both agreed that if they would put us there, Mom could probably manage the Lodge.

Have fun, the place is magical!

A great suggestion, Colleen (and a great Irish name too, I might add). I have found MS always helpful. Can't wait!

Something about where the elevators are as well in relation to the rooms would be helpful....I am not sure where they are but it might be useful to find out ahead of the trip in case you can not get a ground floor

Thanks
jaysue

Thanks for the reminder, jaysue. A backup plan is always in order. I remember being a LONG way from the elevators at BWV once!

It can be a very long walk if you wind up way down the hallway on the far side of the building.

I have a simple suggestion that has worked for us 4 times in a row. For your room requests, call them up and do NOT request a particular side of the building, but make your first request after smoking preference simply "NEAR ELEVATORS" - if you're near the elevators, you are near the front entrance, which itself is near the Lodge. Also, when you check in, make sure to ask that they did in fact put you near the elevators.

I think they get so many requests for 'pool view' or generally views on that back side of the building that it's relatively easy to get a room very close to the elevators in the front part of the building. We have been there 4 of 5 times, and the views are quite nice, and the walk is VERY short.

JonHM, great idea. I have sometimes been one of those asking for a certain view, but that's not the top priority for this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter