WL transportation ?

JodyTG

A new pair of shoes can change your life.
Ok...it looks like we've (maybe) decided to go to the WL for our trip 12/20-12/27. Our only concern is the transportation to the parks. I've read on the board that the wait is long. Can anyone give me any feedback on this? I know that a lot of you are pro's on this.

Thanks!
Jody

Also...if you can give me info on the wait times for both the boats AND the buses it would be GREAT!!!
:)

I have not been to WDW during the time frame you are going and I am jealous.:D Ok I suspect the transportation system at that time will be like any very crowded time of year. The busses and boats ar usuallly scheduled for around 15 to 20 mins apart. So depending on when you walk up depends on how long you have to wait. If it is when the park closes or after the parade and theere is the normal mass exodus then you may have a longer wait. I would suggest you ask this also on the transportation board. Chipand Dale Express is a WDW buss driver. Tyler is a very passionate young man who loves his job. He will give you an honest answer and explain how they are trying to run things.

We're staying at WL this September and we've wondered the same thing.

Here is something we've thought about doing to avoid using buses:

1) Boat to Magic Kingdom
2) Boat to Contemporary, then monorail to EPCOT
3) And if your real adventurous - Boat to Contemporary, monorail to EPCOT, walk to Boardwalk, then boat to MGM. Obviously, this is a round about way of going to MGM, but who knows - it may be better than buses depending on how crowded they are!

I really don't think it's any better or any worse than any other resort. Like DaveH said, how long you wait depends on when you walk up to the bus stop/boat dock. When we were there last June we never waited more than 10 minutes for a boat or bus except for one morning when we were trying to get to Downtown Disney.

We'll be there around the same time you are, checking in on 12/18, leaving 12/27.

Originally posted by DrKnow77
...3) And if your real adventurous - Boat to Contemporary, monorail to EPCOT, walk to Boardwalk, then boat to MGM. Obviously, this is a round about way of going to MGM, but who knows - it may be better than buses depending on how crowded they are!

There is no need to walk to the Boardwalk to catch the boat to MGM. You would be getting on the same boat that you could have gotten on at the International Gateway.

Ed

I've stayed at the WL several times and never had any problems with the transportation....until last month. In July we were there for a week. Every bus we were on went from the WL to FW before going anywhere else. It seemed like each bus ride took forever. It wasn't that there was a long wait for the buses. It was that the bus ride itself was so long! For that reason, we don't plan to go back to the WL unless we know for sure that they have ended this.

Oh, and the boats were the same way. In all the times I'd been to the WL I'd never been near Fort Wilderness. This time, not just the buses, but the boats too, made a stop at FW before making the trip from the MK to the WL. We felt like a lot of our time was wasted because of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter