• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??? WL Sleigh Ride

zinniemouse

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go on the WL sleigh ride for the first time this December. Need to know what time of day is best. Are there things to see at night, or is it better during daylight? Also, was wondering where it actually goes.

Thanks!

When we did it, there wasn't an option of going during the day. We went on the first ride of the night and it was just dusk. Very nice. We could still see the sights and it got darker as we progressed.

We did this Thanksgiving Day of 2004. We had the first ride of the eve - about 5:30, I believe. It was daylight when we started off on the path toward the Wilderness petting zoo area and dark when we returned. It got VERY COLD as the sun set - so make sure that even if it's a beautiful day in the 70s you bring jackets or sweatshirts. We had to stop in the WL gift shop and buy sweatshirts for our boat trip back to the GF!! The path is thru the woods & we saw some deer. We turned around at the petting zoo and returned the same way. It's cute and festive.

Lives4Disney :)

How much is this and is it open to anyone? Do you have to make reservations? I am guessing that since it is a "sleigh" ride it is only in the colder months...am I right?

TIA,

Loralie

It is a sleigh with wheels. We did this in 2004 and had a great time. We went in the evening and it was dark. Not much to see but it was very peaceful and relaxing. Our driver was very nice and informative about the horses and such. It was also nice pulling back up to the beautifully lighted Lodge at the end.

I believe that it was about $30-35 for a half an hour ride and it only takes place the end of November and December.

Have a great time!

Chase_Sleighride.JPG

sleigh.jpg

Tumblwd501 said:
Great pictures! I love how they try to cover up the wheels!! :lmao:

You should see how they try to cover up the business end of the horse! :teeth:

Does the driver sit there and talk to you the entire time? I was thinking of doing this when me and DH go in Dec. for our 15th anniversary. I would love for it to be nice and quiet where me and DH could just cuddle and drink some wine. I wouldn't want to have to listen to the driver talk the whole time.

Annie

The driver asked us if we wanted to hear carols or not and then didn't talk unless we asked a question. You can bring drinks. We thought it was neat.

vatmark said:
Does the driver sit there and talk to you the entire time? I was thinking of doing this when me and DH go in Dec. for our 15th anniversary. I would love for it to be nice and quiet where me and DH could just cuddle and drink some wine. I wouldn't want to have to listen to the driver talk the whole time.

I don't recall him talking to us other than at the start. His back was to us the whole time.

1-407-WDW-PLAY is the phone number. It's a 90 day reservation. When I called the other day they had no dates listed yet. I'm 101 days out so I will call at the 90 day mark first thing.

That horse is Rodney and the driver is John, we hired them as a special request and they took us from WL to HoopDeeDoo and then later after the show picked us up and took us back to WL. It was counted as 4 x the sleigh fare.

Fun night :)

Does anyone know if their are any restrictions? My mom and I are both Pooh Sized and I don't want to book it and find out that they have restrictions?

The sleigh will accommodate 4 adults so I would think you are fine.

Rodney is a draft horse - he is a very big, powerful animal - it's hard to see that from the pic.

Do they offer the same Christmas themed ride at POR? We are staying at POFQ and thought it may be fun to do on one of our resort/nonpark days. Thanks Kat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter