• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

WL room request

mbethel

Mouseketeer
We're staying at the WL with a standard view. I was just wondering if there is anything specific to request. I know we're going to request bunkbeds but any other suggestions as far as floors, etc?

Standard rooms on the north wing tend to be noisy and request one on the south side. I will send you more detail

What is your location in NC? My DD lives in Wilmington and I have not be able to contact her as IMo power is off in her area. How is it in your area?

In Goldsboro ( a couple hrs northwest of Wilmington) we haven't had any trouble other than lots of rain and wind-- still have power and cable as well. We live on the Air Force base though and a couple of my husband's buddies off base have reported no power. I hope you get in touch with your DD soon:)

Thanks for any info on the WL.

Thanks for thr info, here is a report on WL that should help you with a lot of your questions. Enjoy the Lodge.

328th BS, Korean

WILDERNESS LODGE REPORT

Floridacat
July 7th to 10th, 2003

Purpose:
To give you first hand information on Wilderness Lodge. A very magnificent lodging experience.

Lobby; Information I provide here is to give you a heads-up on locations in the lobby. To describe the lobby it self, would be like telling you how a good movie ends and I will not deny you that experience at any cost.

I also want to state at the outset that the service is impeccable throughout the resort.

Upon entering the massive front doors, you will find on your left public rest rooms, Whisper Canyon Café, The fireplace and then to Artist’s Point. You then descend down a wide ramp hallway to the doors to the courtyard. Turning left you will find Roaring Forks Food Court, Public Restrooms, elevators and across from the elevators is Guest Laundry.

Back at the main entrance, turning to your right will be the Bell Service desk, and then along the right wall is the check in counter. At the end of the counter is an information center where you can pick up maps and time sheets for the parks. The CM will give you a packet with Wilderness information and a Lodge activities sheet. Continuing along that wall is the elevators.
Going down the hall at the end of the check in counter is Mercantile Gift Shop, across from them are elevators. Then there is the Arcade room and Cubs Den. Going out the doors takes you to the bus terminal. There are signs informing you where each bus will stop and where it is going.

The courtyard is best enjoyed by your own exploration. I will have some comments later in this report to help you.

BUILDINGS:
For the sake of clarification I am naming the buildings LOBBY, NORTH WING A, NORTH WING B, SOUTH WING A, SOUTH WING B. With the A buildings close to the lobby and the B building connected to the A buildings; towards Bay Lake. The North buildings are on your left facing the lodge and South buildings on your right.

Rooms are numbered “Floor-Building-Room”. An example is 6008 is sixth floor, north wing, room 8. 6108 is sixth floor, south wing, room 8.
Even room numbers are to the outside and odd numbers are rooms towards the courtyard side.
Room numbers are somewhat confusing as you would assume 01 would be at the lobby and 99 at the farthest end. At WL it is the opposite. 99 is in the lobby area while 01 is the farthest from the lobby.

Some north wing 6th floor rooms are smoking and all others non-smoking.

LOBBY: South side #091 to #099 third floor to 6th floor.
North side #084 to #089

NORTH BUILDING, WING A: Outside is all Standard View overlooking the service area parking lot. This is where all deliveries are being made to the Lodge... This would work if you are only in the room to sleep. During the day there is a lot of activity of trucks making deliveries. The view is not distasteful; it’s the truck traffic during the day.
Inside rooms are Courtyard View in the general vicinity of the Waterfalls.
General Room numbers are #066 to #042 for all floors. There are some exceptions.

NORTH WING BUILDING B: Outside is Woodsview and is very quiet and private. We enjoyed it very much and would request it on future trips. We had a good view of Otter Pond, while we never saw any Otter’s there were plenty of Ducks swimming and Rabbits having dinner. The MK fireworks are very plain to see and my estimation is rooms 5010 to 5032 had the same opportunity as well as the same rooms on 4th and 6th floors. Rooms #008 to the end of the building are blocked by two large trees to view MK and to far from Otter Pond to see except a small end of it.

Courtyards views on the inside offer a fantastic view of the pool area and are somewhat noisy until the pool is closed for the day.
General Room numbers are #004 to #044 for all floors. There are some exceptions.

SOUTH BUILDING A & B: Both sides are considered Courtyard View; however the outside rooms view the Villas and are quiet. Inside view is the courtyard.
General Room numbers are same as the North Buildings and there are some exceptions.

Elevators are located where Wing A & B connect. Rooms to the far end have a long walk to the elevators or use the stairwell on the end to go to the pool or boat dock. It is my opinion that the North side offers more in convenience then the South side. Both sides are equal in access to Courtyard and pool, but the North has a greater convenience to Roaring Fork area of the lobby and to the boat dock. 5028 was a few steps from the elevator, not a noise problem, which opened into the RF hallway, Pubic restrooms and the Courtyard area just outside RF. My mornings were to fill my mug with their good coffee and sit out there and read the free newspaper and have a smoke. When the girls were ready, then I grabbed my shower and we were off.

All end units facing Bay Lake are suites

Room numbers will not be given to you under any circumstances until it is ready for occupancy, security is the reason given.
If you arrive early you can check in, but your room key is not activated until Housekeeping clears it as ready, then you will be told what room you are in.

They will accommodate you on a room change. We arrived at 8:30 AM, check in, had Bell Service take our luggage to storage and went to MGM. We returned around 10:30 PM and were given room 6008. While it was a nice room, my DD and DGD wanted a balcony. I called front desk to see if a change could be made and the CM advised us to sleep in that room since it was so late and they would move us to the 5h floor in the morning... We separated our swimming gear from the luggage. I had Bell Service take it to storage and went over to FW for Breakfast, came back and we hung out at the pool. Around 1:00 PM a CM came out to inform me that our room was ready and it was 5028. I ask her if she could have Bell Service take our luggage to the room which she was happy to do. My DGD went up to let them in.

You should note the 6th floor rooms have a “pit” for your balcony. You can identify it in the pictures by where the roof looks like it was cut and raised. This is the 6th floor. They are very private, but you do have to stand to see over them.

The best way to get to the North Wings from the lobby is to take the main elevator to your floor and walk across the hall overlooking the lobby.

Coming from the boat dock or pool, entering by RF is best for the North Wing. The entrance close to where A & B connect is best for the South Wing.

POOLS: Two large hoppers by Trout pool bar have abundance of towels. The main pool is very pleasant during morning hours and does become somewhat crowded in the afternoon. Our plan was to stay at the main pool and after lunch move over to the Villas pool. While smaller is very nice and less crowded. A bonus is they have piped the lobby music to Rock Speakers in the surrounding landscape. We had a table in the shade and a speaker nearby and was very relaxing and enjoyable. WL sound track offers a very good selection of Western songs.

DINING:
ROARING FORKS: The 20oz. Refillable mugs are a must, 10.99. Coffee, tea, hot or cold, soda, lemonade and Hot Chocolate. Our calculation based on regular costs of drinks was it was paid for three times over. A must if you have children. This is a high quality mug good to be used as a travel mug. I filled mine before heading to the parks and no problem carrying and easy to refill at park fountains. We did not buy one drink at the parks.
While you observe a ton of food going out there, it is never a wait of more then ten minuets. The line at the drink station is just a few minuets. Prices are reasonable for the surroundings and comments were favorable.

WHISPER CANYON: Food is very good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. CM’s had the kids do a “Pony Ride”. Boy’s had to sing Happy Birthday to the Girls and same for the girls. I had Jeffro’s Pork Chops, DD had Sassy Sue’s Steak, DGD had Kate Coyote Chicken Pasta. All was excellent. Cornbread is as good as advertised on the Dining threads. The Triple Moose Stampede Cake is very good and very rich. We shared a piece and it was enough for all of us. It is a must try.

TRANSPORTATION: For the most part, we thought it very convenient. During the morning and at park closings, the trip is one resort. It is during the day going or coming that more then one stop was encountered. Boats have two colored flags. A small Launch runs a continuous circle from WL to FW to Contemporary. It has a blue flag. The MK boat is larger and flies a green flag.
we went down to the dock one evening and a Blue flag boat was there. We asked the CM if she cared if we rode the next trip with her. She said hop on and we made three round trips with her and got a lot of information from her. She was very friendly and we enjoyed her company immensely. It was very relaxing and enjoyable and you should consider it. We did it just before sunset and it was beautiful out on the lake.
WILDLIFE: They seem to have adapted very well to guests. One morning an Armadillo came up the walk searching for tidbits. Egrets and many other birds had no problem standing by a table for any fallen morsel. One day at the pool we had a Black bird stand on our table and attempt to open our box of doughnuts while we were sting there. On one walk down to the dock we saw a Raccoon.

CONCLUSION: alas, to long coming, to quickly over. We all agreed we could spend a week here at WL and never feel a need to go to a park and feel we had a very enjoyable vacation. We are hooked and can’t wait to return.
FloridaCat

But I still have a question. We will be staying at WL in a Woods View in Dec. I wanted an Otter Pond view that opened onto the lobby. I thought it would be lovely to see the huge Christmas tree when I open my door. Can I have both? {Otter Pond and Lobby?}

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter