• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL Renovations

izzy25

Mouseketeer
How long are the renovations supposed to last at the Wilderness? I'm hoping to book through DVC at the Wilderness for next April 29th-May 6th, and i'm hoping they would be done by then, especially the pools.

Thanks!

I expect that it will take longer than that for all to be completed. They are building a new pool, buildings, and 25 lake front cabins.

:earsboy: Bill

http://www.disboards.com/threads/wilderness-lodge-dvc-expansion-details-thread.3410778/ has lots of details.

I would expect the second pool to be done by next April, but most of the construction work will be ongoing. Permits go THROUGH 2017.
I think the pool may be finished but not necessarily open. That whole area will continue to be a construction area. In addition to the cabins that dizneynutz mentioned, there appear to be potential plans for a couple of buildings between the quiet pool and the main pool.

I don't think there's any chance they will be complete by next spring. See Polynesian timetable for latest example.

I think the pool may be finished but not necessarily open. That whole area will continue to be a construction area. In addition to the cabins that dizneynutz mentioned, there appear to be potential plans for a couple of buildings between the quiet pool and the main pool.

I don't think there's any chance they will be complete by next spring. See Polynesian timetable for latest example.
I think the pool itself may be done. The outbuildings and the bungalows, not a chance. I don't think it's clear on if they'll be able to open the pool while other buildings nearby are in progress.

The pool itself at the Poly looks like it'll take slightly less than a year, pending them actually opening it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter