• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL... possible buyers remores

karasmom

Mouseketeer
I just paid the balance for our stay 12/31-01-05....
I just hope I didnt make a mistake spending all this money...

Its not about being able to afford it- its more a "was it necessary"... we usually stay moderate and I just wanted to step it up. All I read right now is how WL does not meassure up to deluxe and CM not giving "deluxe treatment" (reading it on DIS as well as other review pages)

Please tell me I wont feel like i wasted money staying deluxe ... please help me over my buyers remorse :confused3

We love WL :goodvibes. I've always thought the CMs there are great. Resort is beautiful.. I'm not sure what Deluxe treatment is :confused3 but I've always found most all the CMs at any wdw resort I've stayed in were helpful, and nice.

And I'd take negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Its not about being able to afford it- its more a "was it necessary"... we usually stay moderate and I just wanted to step it up. All I read right now is how WL does not meassure up to deluxe and CM not giving "deluxe treatment" (reading it on DIS as well as other review pages)

Please tell me I wont feel like i wasted money staying deluxe ... please help me over my buyers remorse :confused3

We love the WL and IMO, I don't think you will regret staying there, especially at the time you will be there since the Christmas decorations will still be up and the WL is absolutely amazing during the holidays :santa:. The WL is one of the cheapest of the deluxes (with AKL), but I think it does measure up to being a deluxe resort (but that's just my opinion). With that said, I wouldn't change a thing and I'd go and enjoy the lodge as it's a great place to stay :goodvibes.

I worry that your expectations are unnaturally "high". You are paying for a deluxe category meaning indoor corridors, two TS restaurants, pools, grounds, entertainment, alternate transportation (boat to MK), etc. The treatment is not part of that, it should be good no matter where you stay.

You are getting more amenities for your money. If you don't feel those amenities are good enough, then maybe you'd be happier somewhere else, in a mod.

We love WL!!!!! For deluxes, we have stayed at WL and YC, and WL is our absolute favorite!!!!! :goodvibes

We stayed at WL for first time last June. Had never stayed at a deluxe. I, like you, was second guessing myself regarding the money spent. Let me just tell you, that after staying there I have absolutely zero regrets. My family could have stayed at the lodge, never set foot in a park, and we would have had a magical vacation. Shake the worries off and get excited about your wonderful choice. Enjoy.

I have been debating the same thing. We always stay at POFQ but have debated moving up to a deluxe for one trip. I would give it a shot, especially since you just paid it off - you won't know til you try. Just the location itself is a big part of the reason to try it. A boat to MK would be great! The resort looks awesome.

We just booked another stay at the Wilderness Lodge. After staying at Coronado Springs, and the Poly - It's WL for us. Everything, from the shouts for ketchup in the Whispering Canyon, to the walk past the geyser out to board the boats, to the nightly light show on the lake - is amazing. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I can't possibly imagine you regretting to stay at the WL, especially during the holidays. The WL is decorated so beautifully and there is such a warm feeling there. We hung out at the resort a lot by the fireplaces, just relaxing. My husband loves WL so much he has downloaded their lobby music so we can listen to it anytime we want and remember the good times and dream of our future trips. You have nothing to worry about!!

My husband is NOT a Disney fan.:confused3

We thought our trip would be a "one and done!" When he consented to return, I asked if he thought we should stay in a moderate to save money.

His response, "Absolutely not. Why wouldn't you want to go back there?"

It was a perfect contrast to the craziness of the parks. Calm, relaxing, and especially beautiful at holiday time.

I've stayed at BC, GF, CR, and WL. The Lodge will always be my favorite. A good price for a deluxe stay.

Enjoy! :goodvibes

--pennyplanner

We were just at WL a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at the Inn, but it is such a nice resort. We walked over to the Villas. I think you will love it. Its such a pretty resort. The boat over to MK and Contemporary is great! Our room was nice and quiet other then the fireworks, MK train and electric parade :) But no noise from people around us.

I predict you won't regret it, especially during the holidays.

I don't agree, personally, that WL isn't a deluxe-level resort. JMO.

You will have a great time! Make sure to come back to this thread and tell us how it went :goodvibes

Don't base your opinion on one person's negative post. Every single resort at WDW has people who have had bad stays. :)

We have stayed at every deluxe resort, except AK, and I think WL is absolutely a deluxe resort. We had wonderful CM's when we were there in February, in fact, I would say that they were probably some of the nicest CM's we have ever encountered.

As far as theme goes, the WL is one of the best themed deluxe resorts. It has a much better cs option than any of the Epcot resorts. The rooms are a little smaller than all of the other deluxe rooms except for AK, but they are just as nice, in my opinion. And the WL rooms have balconies, something you won't get at a mod.

One thing that people tend to miss when they come from a value or mod is the large food court. None of the deluxe resorts have that.

We loved the WL so much after our first visit that we decided to return again this December. :goodvibes

{WARNING WILL ROBINSON . . . BIASED OPINION FORTHCOMING}
1) You cannot and will not be disappointed with Wildeness Lodge.
2) The place is levels about a moderate, even though we are fond of French Quarter.
3) Let me give you neat things at WL
. . . fantastic 8-floor grand lobby
. . . outside geyser every hour on-the-hour
. . . train cars from Walt's back yard at Villas
. . . marina for boat rentals *
. . . bike and surrey bike rentals *
. . . walkway to Fort Wilderness
. . . boats to FW and MK
. . . hunt for Hidden Mickey's
. . . tours of the Lodge, Wed-thru-Sat
. . . daily Flag Family gets to raise the flags
. . . walking/jogging trails
. . . fishing using your own gear
. . . fishing excursions *
. . . fitness room
. . . fireplace mimics Yellowstone rock strata
. . . totem poles in lobby
. . . and, on certain days, me
* fee based

Don't base your opinion on one person's negative post. Every single resort at WDW has people who have had bad stays. :)

Agreed. I'm actually someone who has had two less-than-great stays at a deluxe (AK, both Jambo and Kidani) and I've posted about it, but that doesn't mean I think ALL stays are bad at AK. :) (just mine.)

We adored WL. We stayed in a studio on the villas side, but the whole place just felt wonderful to us. We're out of DVC points right now, and we're not sure when the next points stay will be, but I have a feeling it's going to be a good one at VWL.

Check out the fan thread about WL and really read all the things people love about it! There are cricket noises in the lobby, which is neat! There was a caricature artist there that DS insisted on having his picture drawn by, and it was very fun for him. Just sitting on the rocking chairs was lovely. Very peaceful and nice there.

Maybe try and rent a villa from a DVC member next time if you like your WL stay. It is much cheaper!

We absolutely love WL/VWL. We have never been at Christmas. Hope to one of these days!!

in my opinion, WL is THE best resort for Christmas time. The decor and ambiance at Christmas just makes me want to plunk down in a rocker with a cup of hot chocolate!

And it's one of the best if there's any inclement weather - you can get to all the amenities under cover unlike the Polynesian and Grand Floridian.

{WARNING WILL ROBINSON . . . BIASED OPINION FORTHCOMING}
1) You cannot and will not be disappointed with Wildeness Lodge.
2) The place is levels about a moderate, even though we are fond of French Quarter.
3) Let me give you neat things at WL
. . . fantastic 8-floor grand lobby
. . . outside geyser every hour on-the-hour
. . . train cars from Walt's back yard at Villas
. . . marina for boat rentals *
. . . bike and surrey bike rentals *
. . . walkway to Fort Wilderness
. . . boats to FW and MK
. . . hunt for Hidden Mickey's
. . . tours of the Lodge, Wed-thru-Sat
. . . daily Flag Family gets to raise the flags
. . . walking/jogging trails
. . . fishing using your own gear
. . . fishing excursions *
. . . fitness room
. . . fireplace mimics Yellowstone rock strata
. . . totem poles in lobby
. . . and, on certain days, me
* fee based

I wish there was a "Like" button for this post! We'll be there the week after Thanksgiving and I. CAN'T. WAIT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter