WL pool closures in Sept. My vacation VENT!

I didn't mean to infer that they would go out of their way to please a cash guest, either. But there is less incentive for them to try and please a DVC guest over a cash guest for the reasons that I mentioned above.

I agree less incentive in theory. But in my experience, they don't try to please their cash guests either. It's what I call the Take it or leave it approach towards customer service :)

I agree less incentive in theory. But in my experience, they don't try to please their cash guests either. It's what I call the Take it or leave it approach towards customer service :)

maybe we all should leave it....

maybe we all should leave it....

I agree..this post as gone on too long. While I understand the OP disappointment on the closure of the pool at the WL. I wouldn't let that stop me from staying there. But this is my view.

I was there during the first rebut, and was told it would be finished before my family went in Dec of 2006. It wasn't they had things against the walls outside. Not a nice sight but it didn't ruin my vacation. Again my view only.

There are other resorts at Disney that the pool will be open or resorts outside WDW.

With so many rooms/resorts unavailable due to free dining, it would have been nice if Disney had offered rooms at other deluxe resorts, for the same price. And moderate resorts for less then the going rate. Disney could have been ready to help its displaced guests move to other resorts, without addtl costs. The guest shouldn't be left to fend for themselves. Especially with free dining!

I called and switched to the CR garden wing for $500.00 more. This was not an option earlier in the day so I think they opened more rooms with free dining. However, I asked and there will be no deal to move your reservation. This has completely changed my vacation. In order to afford the higher room costs I have to cancel the Halloween party, thank goodness I had not already purchased the tickets, and I will be canceling my pre-paid lunch at CRT.

So instead of my friend's one and only trip to Disney World being spectacular it is going to be just an average trip. Nothing special. Since we are not going to the party I will need to cancel my Be our Guest reservation and it is highly unlikely that I will be able to get one on another day during our trip. Without the party I now need to rearrange all of our days. I can't imagine that I am going to get any new ADR's. This is turning into a giant headache.

I have read comment after comment about how we should just suck it up and be happy we are at Disney at all. Get over it. How much time do you spend at the resort anyway? That is not the point. The point is that no other resort anywhere in the world would do this to paying customers. Disney gets away with it because people let them. I am still considering canceling the entire thing and spending my 9 days somewhere else in Florida. I booked a deluxe hotel at a ridiculous rate and 90 days from check in they tell me they have suddenly decided to do major construction on the resort during my stay and then offer me nothing more than a bus ride to another resort pool.....bad customer service. This is the last straw. My daughter just started booking her Wishes Wedding. I will attend the wedding but I will not stay at Disney. They are taking us for granted. This will be my 26th stay and my last.

I know you're upset, but try to enjoy your daughter's wedding...Hubby and I could have gotten married at Disney two years ago (ceremony for 6 people) and chose not to...I now have terrible memories of my "wedding" (we eloped). Try not to let this whole experience affect the wedding. :)

With so many rooms/resorts unavailable due to free dining, it would have been nice if Disney had offered rooms at other deluxe resorts, for the same price. And moderate resorts for less then the going rate. Disney could have been ready to help its displaced guests move to other resorts, without addtl costs. The guest shouldn't be left to fend for themselves. Especially with free dining!

I do agree with you. While they can't help having to do construction, they could be nice and at least help people move without charging them an arm and a leg.

I just learned of this today after booking the VWL also and feel for others similarly situated. Poor execution by Disney.

So, all you folks that think it is just a-okay for the pool to be closed can go ahead and move on over to the Wilderness. I don't know where everyone is moving or if they are just straight up canceling but what was unavailable 2 days ago is wide open today.

I was just checking to see if notice of the pool closure was on the website and lo and behold all but Woods view/bunk has free dining rooms available. There were only CL available 2 days ago. Which is precisely why Disney did not let us know at the time of booking. Empty resort!!! I have even cancelled my WCC reservation. Grant it I can not find one to replace it but I will eat counter service before I eat in a construction zone. Speaking of counter service, does this renovation include the Roaring Forks outside eating areas? My guess is yes. That is really a shame because they serve one of the best Tuna sandwiches I have ever eaten. Oh well.

So, all you folks that think it is just a-okay for the pool to be closed can go ahead and move on over to the Wilderness. I don't know where everyone is moving or if they are just straight up canceling but what was unavailable 2 days ago is wide open today.

I was just checking to see if notice of the pool closure was on the website and lo and behold all but Woods view/bunk has free dining rooms available. There were only CL available 2 days ago. Which is precisely why Disney did not let us know at the time of booking. Empty resort!!! I have even cancelled my WCC reservation. Grant it I can not find one to replace it but I will eat counter service before I eat in a construction zone. Speaking of counter service, does this renovation include the Roaring Forks outside eating areas? My guess is yes. That is really a shame because they serve one of the best Tuna sandwiches I have ever eaten. Oh well.

After the notice went up today all the available rooms disappeared (under free dining).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter