WL parking/dropping off

sydprincess

Crazy about Mickey and my girls!
Okay, so it sounds like it's a far walk from the guest parking lot to the front doors of the Lodge. Are they picky about letting you unload your family near the doors and then parking your car, or do they frown upon that? Just thinking about making the little tikes make that walk every day, twice a day for 10 days.

Thanks!

they were rude to me once.

told me I couldn't go in and check in.

so I haven't been back. just park the car in self parking and walk up. and yes it is definitely a long walk.

mother was in the car and I had to argue with them to allow mother to get out - she was 82 years old then.

No problem unloading passengers by the door. People unload their luggage there too and then go self park.

they were rude to me once.

told me I couldn't go in and check in.

so I haven't been back. just park the car in self parking and walk up. and yes it is definitely a long walk.

mother was in the car and I had to argue with them to allow mother to get out - she was 82 years old then.

That's terrible! I wouldn't have let that go. I would have complained until someone listened. We've stayed here a few times and see people unloading luggage and then self parking all the time. Just letting a person out of the car isn't causing a backup if people are unloading luggage there too which takes much longer than unloading a person. Sorry they were rude to you. Very inappropriate behavior. I am shocked.

Never had a problem and I definitely saw every one and their mothers dropping folks off but when I drop my dh and kids off, I stay in the car so they know I'm not trying to park at all. I also don't pull right in front of the doors, I can understand them getting a little testy about that, it's where the valet stand is.
Pull up pass the valet or before you get to the doors but still along the curb and I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

1) It isn't far, but can be a little trek from the parking lot.
2) You can pull up under the Porte Cachere and unload luggage or drop-off guests.
3) However, do not pull up to check-in.
4) They will ask you to move the car.
5) Sometimes it takes a while to check-in, and you block the drive.
6) Can you imagine 10-20 cars parked while checking-in?
7) It would be mess and would prevent others from coming in.
8) Especially those using valet parking or tipping bellmen.

I also think it makes a difference what time you're checking in. I've pulled under the Porte Cochere at several of the resorts to check in, but only when it's really early (say, 6-7am) or very late (11-12pm). I feel it's rude to park there during the main part of the day, because there is so much traffic coming and going. But if it's dark, and I'm traveling solo, I feel my safety is more important. I've always pulled up out of the way, and I've never had a problem.

I've also never had a problem during the day with picking up/dropping off luggage and other guests. When I travel with my Mom, she has trouble with walking up hills/steps, so I always drop her at the door at WL, and then go park the car. I've never had anyone question me about it.

We didn't have a problem dropping off, and found the self park a lot closer than at other resorts

It shouldn't be a problem to load and unload your family at the front but, like a pp said, pull past the valet parking stand. I don't really think that the self parking lot is that far from the front entrance. No farther than parking at some of the other resorts and making the trek to your room. I think what makes it seem and feel so long is that it is a pretty nice incline walking up to the front from the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter