• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL or Cabins?

grlscoutmouse

Earning My Ears
My family & I are heading to Disney Jan 28th - Feb 1 2009 & can't decide If we should keep our reservation at the Wilderness Lodge or try the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. Can any help to make the choice a little easier?

My family & I are heading to Disney Jan 28th - Feb 1 2009 & can't decide If we should keep our reservation at the Wilderness Lodge or try the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. Can any help to make the choice a little easier?

Do you need the extra room the Cabins offer? That might make the decision for you. Two rooms or one cabin. There is a great AP rate for the WL of 144/night if you have one or are considering purchase of one. I haven't stayed at the cabins but love WL!

Do you need the extra room the Cabins offer? That might make the decision for you. Two rooms or one cabin. There is a great AP rate for the WL of 144/night if you have one or are considering purchase of one. I haven't stayed at the cabins but love WL!

I was able to get the Fl Resident rate at $154.00 a night which is great! We are traveling with our 6 yr old daughter/6 mth old son & 13 yr old cousin so there is 5 of us total. I was thinking that being able to have the kitchen would come in handy but love the WL very much. That is why I am stuck on which to choose?:confused3

I've stayed in both the WL and the cabins. The children would enjoy the cabins and WL. However, are you taking a stroller? If so then the short stroll to the many bus stops at the cabins would not be a problem. If not and you'd need to rent a golf cart then you should add in that extra expense.

If you decide to stay at the WL, do try to go one night and do the campfire sing-along and movie at FW. That would be fun.

It's strickly up to you. They are both wonderful places. I just find more for the kids at FW.

You might just want to see what you could get a cabin for. That may be the deciding factor.

You can tell by my login name what my vote is... It does depend on the length of your stay. If you are staying more than 3 nights, I would suggest the FW cabins. It is hard to believe that there is peace and quiet so close to the Magic Kingdom. The resort has its own internal transportation system. We like to rent a golf cart, but some people stroll the grounds or catch the buss. The FW offers a nightly campfire with Chip n Dale for free and a outdoor movie. Smores are available for a small fee, as are other snacks. At about 9:45 there is an electric water pageant that passes the beach--check for time. There are pony rides at the petting farm @ $3 (cash) and the horses of Disney are housed in the barn close by. Feel free to roam.
The resort allows RVs and people really take time to decorate their spaces during the holidays.
I would stay at WL for less than 3 nights--if choosing between FW & WL. The WL offers quicker transportation, and you could still visit FW, but you won't get the true feeling of the FW until you are sitting outside on your picnic table with no one around.

My family has stayed in both the cabins and WL. While the extra space is nice at Fort Wilderness, we absolutely loved Wilderness lodge! The theming is great, better pool, and you are not so remote. JMHO

IMHO - they are worlds apart in theming. The cabins are more like camping cabins and WL is a deluxe resort - my vote is for WL.

I was able to get the Fl Resident rate at $154.00 a night which is great! We are traveling with our 6 yr old daughter/6 mth old son & 13 yr old cousin so there is 5 of us total. I was thinking that being able to have the kitchen would come in handy but love the WL very much. That is why I am stuck on which to choose?:confused3

Did you check out the Wilderness Lodge Villas? The one BR units have a full kitchen.

FW cabins all the way. You have your own driveway. 3 steps and you are in you room. Great for unloading and loading the car. Also great when you get back to you room late no elevator or lobby to go through. It is like a small house kitchen and all. I just wish it had 2 bathrooms like at home. Then we might be tempted to move there!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter