WL King Rooms? Honeymoon Suite Upgrades? HELP HELP

DanaHesson

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me a little more about the King rooms at wilderness lodge? When trying to book a package for December 2005 it does not give this as an option, but when I called the World, they said they are available. Then I read other information here that makes it appear that the only non-accessible rooms that are kings are Honeymoon suites. Could someone please clarify?

FYI: my dates are 12/5 - 12/9 with 2 7 day MYW with hopper and no expiration, and the meal plan included. Rate is 1784.09. I am sooo excited!

There are three categories of regular rooms at the WL and they are classified by view--Standard View, Woods View or Courtyard View. All of these rooms have either 2 Queens, a Queen and a bunk-bed, or a King Bed. The bedding is by request only and cannot be guaranteed at time of booking. And yes, most if not all regular rooms with king beds tend to be accessible for physically challenged guests and have a roll-in shower rather than a tub.

The Honeymoon room is a special category and has a king size bed. There are only 4 of these rooms at the resort. I'd call and see exactly what room type you have booked.

:)

Just to expand on that a little more, there are NO king beds in a standard view. The Woods view and Courtyard view do have king beds but as stated they are BY request only and can not be guaranteed. Most of them are handicap accessible (with the roll-in shower...no tub) but not All. If you request one, also request a bath tub (if that is an issue for you) and they will do what they can to get you a regular king room (vs the accessible one). The Honeymoon suites are the same size as the regular rooms, they are just on the top floor, have a king bed and the bath tub is jetted. These come with concierge access as they are on the concierge floor and as stated there are only 4 of them... The only way to Guarantee a king bed at WL is too book a honeymoon suite, the Vice presidential or the Presidential (or a 1 bedroom villa at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge).

LibertyBelle said:
Just to expand on that a little more, there are NO king beds in a standard view. The Woods view and Courtyard view do have king beds but as stated they are BY request only and can not be guaranteed. Most of them are handicap accessible (with the roll-in shower...no tub) but not All. If you request one, also request a bath tub (if that is an issue for you) and they will do what they can to get you a regular king room (vs the accessible one). The Honeymoon suites are the same size as the regular rooms, they are just on the top floor, have a king bed and the bath tub is jetted. These come with concierge access as they are on the concierge floor and as stated there are only 4 of them... The only way to Guarantee a king bed at WL is too book a honeymoon suite, the Vice presidential or the Presidential (or a 1 bedroom villa at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge).

That is brilliant, thank you!!! I am a pretty frequent guest at WL. I stay there for business every 4-6 weeks ( :cool1: lucky!) and I am always on a quest to find a non-smoking, non-handicapped accessible, king bed room...I did not realize there were no king beds with a standard view... :rolleyes:

BTW, I have gotten that only once...the other times have always been a handicapped accessible room so I will move to a room with 2 queens because I don't want to take up a H.A. room...although, last time I was there and they put me in a H.A. room with a king bed and I have to say it was actually a great room and I didn't mind the roll in shower...live an learn...lol

:wave:

I guess I should clarify my question a bit..

When I spoke with the CM at Disney, he stated the only way you could get a King room is if you are a party of two. He did not mention that you needed to book a specific class of "view" to get one, only that a party larger than two persons would NEVER be booked in a king. Has anyone had any experience with booking a standard room, requesting a King, and being upgraded at no charge based solely on the King bed request?

DanaHesson said:
I guess I should clarify my question a bit..

When I spoke with the CM at Disney, he stated the only way you could get a King room is if you are a party of two. He did not mention that you needed to book a specific class of "view" to get one, only that a party larger than two persons would NEVER be booked in a king. Has anyone had any experience with booking a standard room, requesting a King, and being upgraded at no charge based solely on the King bed request?

Yes, that has happened to me numerous times...however, it is more important to me not to be in a Handicapped accessible room, so many times I have given up the king bed room...(and the upgrade)

The H.A. rooms are very nice...I just prefer not to be in them...

If you mention at check in that you are on your honeymoon, I am sure they will do what they can to accomodate your request...

Good luck!

Unless they work at the hotel they don't know that there are no King beds in standard view, so don't hold that against them ;) To answer your question at WL most of the reservations are families...there are a lot of king bed rooms, the first thing the room assigner does is look for parties to fill them (so they don't end up at midnight with a family of 4 and the only room left is a king...been there... had to explain that). Anyway, if you have a request in for a king bed room, even if you are in a standard they 9 times out of 10 will get you a king bed (even if it means upgrading) because they need to have them filled and if you want one that makes it even better than just assigning it to a party of 2 and finding out they are brother and sister. Anyway, I guess what I am saying is request the king and make sure it is noted that you are on your honeymoon and your chances are good that it will happen (of course it is not guaranteed, but in my experience...your chances are good).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter