• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL help please!

Barberl

Earning My Ears
My husband & 2 kids (8 & 4) have reservations at WL 3rd week of Jan for our FIRST trip to WDW so I need all the help I can get. What are the best room locations at WL and is it worth it to try to upgrade to bunk bed room? I hear some rooms are noisy. Also, should I call WL direct for a room request now? Thanks for any info you guys can give me!

My husband & 2 kids (8 & 4) have reservations at WL 3rd week of Jan for our FIRST trip to WDW so I need all the help I can get. What are the best room locations at WL and is it worth it to try to upgrade to bunk bed room? I hear some rooms are noisy. Also, should I call WL direct for a room request now? Thanks for any info you guys can give me!

We stay at WL alot....we don't like the rooms that exit over the lobby, or the one over Whispering Canyon and those by the service delivery way.....as far as we're concerned....any room out on either wing, north or south are fine....further from the lobby the less noisy.....

As for bunk beds, it's a personal choice...rooms are no bigger....depends if your youngsters can sleep in them.....for the wife and I, we had one once and didn't care for how much room they seem to take up...with children, they each get a bed....how cool is that...

As for calling Disney direct....no such thing...CRO is a call center and takes all calls...better to request when making a reservation as to what is the most important and have it added to your sheet...nothing is guaranteed but I believe bunk rooms are a bookable reservation.....good luck...

We've never had a bad room in over 10 stays...even the service area is not that bad...but prefer to be elsewhere.....noth wing is closer to the boat dock and CS and south wing closer to the bus depot....pool's in the middle...

We love WL and always try to get courtyard view. Nice choice!:cool1:

We usually stay at WL and actually like staying in rooms that open to the lobby. We have never had a problem with noise. We stayed in both a honeymoon suite (at the very top of the lobby). And on the second floor in the corner, which may have been why it was quieter. The lobby was definitely loud but we couldn't hear anything once in our room. The nice thing about being near the lobby is that you have less walking to do which was big help when my mother-in-law who has trouble walking stayed with us. We have stayed in rooms very far from the lobby and the walk was especially long after walking around parks all day. They were Woods view (although we could see the Villas pool) and were very quiet.

I would also recommend the bunk beds so your kids have their own bed. Also, if they can't agree on who gets the top, you can set it up so they switch off every night or at some point during the vacation.

We booked a standard room but I think I may upgrade! Still undecided about bunk beds! Thanks so much for any and all info from everyone. It is so helpful!

Woods view is my favorite at the Lodge and love the area near the Otter Pond, which is at the end of the North section of the Lodge.

This puts you on the side of the Quick service, laundry and boat dock. It is very quiet down at the end of the hallway or even halfway down.

We had courtyard view last Christmas. It was a view of a small pool. If I had to do it again, I would go standard or woods.

The Wilderness Lodge thread has TONS of information about room requests/locations.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

I want to stay there on our next trip.
I will probably end up booking Woods View with a request for away from the lobby, and a full balcony. We only have one child now though, and he's too little for bunk beds, so that's not really an issue. I would probably be a little upset if they put us in a room with bunk beds.

We booked a standard room but I think I may upgrade! Still undecided about bunk beds! Thanks so much for any and all info from everyone. It is so helpful!

We booked a standard view room for Jan too, and I put my request in when I book. I requested North side. I like being on the same side as the food court :goodvibes

You can phone reservations to have your room requests added to your reservation.

We usually stay at WL and actually like staying in rooms that open to the lobby. We have never had a problem with noise. We stayed in both a honeymoon suite (at the very top of the lobby). And on the second floor in the corner, which may have been why it was quieter. The lobby was definitely loud but we couldn't hear anything once in our room. The nice thing about being near the lobby is that you have less walking to do which was big help when my mother-in-law who has trouble walking stayed with us. We have stayed in rooms very far from the lobby and the walk was especially long after walking around parks all day. They were Woods view (although we could see the Villas pool) and were very quiet.

I would also recommend the bunk beds so your kids have their own bed. Also, if they can't agree on who gets the top, you can set it up so they switch off every night or at some point during the vacation.

I LOVE WL too.IT is a Nice choice!
7.gif

I've stayed at WL many times, and I don't know that I have a preference of one area over another. We had a nice lake view room at the very end of the hall once that was nice, but the trees have grown a lot since then, so that view might not be so good now. I've had courtyard views, which are also nice, although I prefer a higher floor so I don't get a lot of pool noise.

I think our most convenient room was down the hallway that's across from the gift shop. Technically it's the second floor, but you are on the same level as the lobby, and on the side close the bus stop. We were about half way down the hall, near the elevator, so we could take the elevator down to the courtyard to access the boat, and walk across to dining quickly.

We've stayed at WL 5 times I believe. Each time we've booked Woods view rooms. 3 out of the 5 times we had a woods view room that faced the woods looking towards MK with two times being above the otter pond. These rooms are nice as you can somewhat see Wishes. This year we had the Woods view bunk bed rooms and were on the opposite side of the resort. The bunk beds are a nice touch and gave us a little bit more room (or it felt like it) plus our girls (2 1/2 and 5 1/2) loved having their own bed. The one year we had standard we were over the delivery area. Never heard the beeping of delivery trucks like some claim and when the balcony opened up, you could smell the smoker. We were in the rooms above Whispering Canyon. 4th floor I believe. Maybe 5th.

As far as room location, we've always liked being above the otter pond. It gives you a good nighttime view of Wishes and you can also watch the otters if it rains. If you're wanting to request a location, don't do the online check-in ahead of time. When you arrive, ask where your location is and if you could be near whatever area. Don't give room numbers as that is hard to accomodate. You may get lucky and get what you want or you may not. With a standard view room, you'll likely have a view overlooking the delivery area with a walkout location looking into the lobby. I've heard these can be noisy, but we never had that experience.

Good luck. Enjoy the WL and check out the WL thread. There is tons of useful info from those of us who love it and continue to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter