WL Flag Family Of The Day pics added! - Birthday Magic and Disney Diva Hair.

Awesome about your dates! I actually added a date to ours so it's now 12/1 - 12/7. We're staying at AKV which is our home resort. What about you?? [/QUOTE said:
I just found your report, So much fun! I'll actually be staying at AKV 11/30-12/7! I'm so excited! I'll be the exasperated 30 something with DH, Mom, Dad, Grandma, DB, his GF and her 2 kids. It's the first time any of us will see Disney at the holidays! Also first time for a large group trip!:scared:

Oh my gosh, Aubrey is so pretty! :)
Love how you told her about the fairy godmother.

Congrats on booking your next trip! My family's trying to get Beach Club for sometime in November but we're having no luck.

Can't wait for more!

:lmao: I am laughing and crying all at the same time!!! The picture of Aubrey excited about the fireworks could be on a WDW ad!! That is what it is ALL about :goodvibes At the same time, what a wonderful memory of your Dad. Again, memories are worth all of the money and time!! What a great idea you had about the Fairy Godmother coming into the room to get her hair down. I am SO going to use that one in December :thumbsup2

Hi!!! So glad you're back.:goodvibes Your pictures are so cute. Loved that you told Aubrey her Fairy Godmother took down her hair.

Oh my gosh! I love that you told her that her FGM came in and took down her hair while she was sleeping! What a cute answer and a great way to calmly break the news :goodvibes

Oh, and I was just like Brendan about fireworks when I was little (actually, until I was pretty old :rotfl:) I was just a really sensitive kid and I hated the booming and the way the ground shook, but I loved how pretty it was!

Thanks! The FGM thing worked great for us!

We tried the fireworks thing again last night but still no go for Brendan. Poor baby. Glad to hear he's not alone!

Beautiful pictures! I really love the FOLK group shot and the night shot of the ball at EPCOT. Danielle is 11 and still doesn't like fireworks. She watches Wishes with her hands over her ears. We didn't go downtown for the fireworks either this year. She helped me walk the dogs last night and even the fireworks in the neighborhood bothered her. She just seems very sensitive to the noise.

You think fast. I love your answer for the loss of Aubrey's do. It just makes perfect sense.

We did a few sparklers last night and Brendan warmed up to them but he ran inside when he heard other fireworks going off in the neighborhood! Funny about Danielle. Poor thing! She must really be scared by them!

Hope your Christmas is tubular :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I didn't know that you could put adult beverages in coke bottles to avoid adult meltdowns....DARN IT :headache: Note to self for next time!

So jealous that you are going again in December!!! I can't wait to go back. Stupid short trips just leave me wanting more and I feel like we didn't even go this year!!!

Ummm, yeah. Adult beverages can go into anything. At our neighborhood pool last week, we had to use the kids sippy cups. All we had to bring was bottle beer and there is no glass allowed. We forgot to bring cups so we poured out the juice and used the kids cups:rotfl: You gotta do what you gotta do!

Sorry about the short trip thing. It is a tease just to go for a few days. I am so excited about our Dec trip. Hope it will be totally tubular as well ;)

I laughed so hard at Aubrey's hair looking like a lion. You are too funny. I hope ya'll do go for Mardi Gras so we can meet.:cool1: Maybe we can try to meet before then. Did you see the pictures of the links I sent you on facebook? Let me know. If you don't like the bowling shirt I understand. I don't want you to think you have to tell me you like it. :thumbsup2

She really could have been one of the performers for the show with that hair:rotfl2: We will def meet up if I do go at MG but we NEED to meet up well before then! I agree.

I did look at the FB stuff I just haven't responded:rolleyes1 And I do love the bowling shirt! I think it's precious. I just haven't even started thinking about clothes yet. I need to get on the ball! Thanks so much for thinking of me and I will get back to you soon. Promise!!!

I just found your report, So much fun! I'll actually be staying at AKV 11/30-12/7! I'm so excited! I'll be the exasperated 30 something with DH, Mom, Dad, Grandma, DB, his GF and her 2 kids. It's the first time any of us will see Disney at the holidays! Also first time for a large group trip!:scared:

LOL! I will look for you and your group! Maybe we can meet up for a DIS drink at the bar:laughing: You are going to LOVE WDW at the holidays. There is truly nothing like it!!! Are you doing the Christmas party?

Oh my gosh, Aubrey is so pretty! :)
Love how you told her about the fairy godmother.

Congrats on booking your next trip! My family's trying to get Beach Club for sometime in November but we're having no luck.

Can't wait for more!

Thank you about Aubrey! I happen to agree:goodvibes Oh I hope you get BC. It is awesome!!!!! Glad you are enjoying reading along:thumbsup2

:lmao: I am laughing and crying all at the same time!!! The picture of Aubrey excited about the fireworks could be on a WDW ad!! That is what it is ALL about :goodvibes At the same time, what a wonderful memory of your Dad. Again, memories are worth all of the money and time!! What a great idea you had about the Fairy Godmother coming into the room to get her hair down. I am SO going to use that one in December :thumbsup2

You are so right. That is what life is about. With all the craziness going on in the world, we really try to live for the day and cherish every minute! I love love love that pic of Aubrey. It's one of my favorites! Feel free to use the FGM thing! I'll be reusing it myself I'm sure!

Hi!!! So glad you're back.:goodvibes Your pictures are so cute. Loved that you told Aubrey her Fairy Godmother took down her hair.

Thanks! I missed my DIS:love: Aubrey loved that hair. I can't wait to do it again in Dec!!!

Photopass pics!

Hi everyone. I uploaded some photopass pics last night after my last update. I was so happy to find more character pics from AK! I knew more exciting things happend to us that day. We ran into Mickey and Pluto on our way into the park and got some really cute pics. Here they are...

Image0025.jpg

Image0027.jpg

Image0030.jpg

Image0039.jpg

Image0042.jpg

Image0029-Copy.jpg

Image0042-1.jpg

Image0037.jpg

Notice the cookie in Brendan's hand. He actually tried to feed a bite to Pluto and his handler freaked out! Aparantly Pluto wasn't hungry! LOL

Image0020.jpg

And this was on our way out of the park. The kids were so over it but dad and I still wanted to get a pic. Poo on them!

Image0047.jpg

Image0045.jpg

And here is out TT pic from Epcot. I LOVE how they give you these pics on photopass now. Such a great perk!!

Image0049.jpg

:rotfl2:In the Test Track picture it looks like you have your hand on the man's leg. I love the character pictures, they came out really nice.

Ok, I'm back. I told myself I was going to bed early tonight but oh well. I have given myself a bedtime of midnight so I have a chance to squeeze in an update...

Onto day 7, otherwise known as the day we should have gone home. Ok, I don't mean to sound ungrateful here or anything, but by this point, we had seen everything we wanted to see and we were ready to get home. I know I know. Blasphomy. But we were beat. Oh well, we still had an ADR for breakfast at Play n' Dine. We had never done this one and I heard it was cute for the little ones so I wanted to check it out.

Now, let me remind everyone that we opted to not to the DDP on this trip. We didn't want to have to do 8 sit down meals with Brendan because he is horrible in restaurants. So we just shared QS here and there along the way, had snacks, and did a few character meals. Well, let me just tell you, NEVER again!!! We spent sooooo much money on food! Like, more than we would have spent on the DDP:scared1: Those character meals add up, especially PND! It was the most expensive of them all, and IMO, the most disappointing. Maybe it was our homesick attitude, but it still seemed boring. We got to DHS and found our way here...

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0075-1.jpg

Notice Aubrey and Brendan's shirts. A friend referred me to a girl that lives in New Orleans and stays at home with her special needs child. She made these shirts for us and they came out really cute. Let me know if you would like her info. It was nice to be able to help her out with a few sales:)

Jason went over to TSM to get fastpasses because, get this, we had never riden this ride. EVER! :scared1: I was looking forward to it but wasn't sure what all the hype was about. I was hoping to be suprised!

Anywho, we were seated pretty quickly and happened to be put right next to a family from Denham Springs - a city just outside of Baton Rouge. It's always cool to see people from your home town only these people weren't so friendly. They didn't seem to be as excited about the fact that we were from the same place and kept to themselves. Oh well, we don't need you anyway. We have Goliath!!!

DSC_0049-1.jpg

Who, by the way, my kids have no idea who he is! I mean, why is he still at this meal anyway? Is there a show with him and Jojo anymore? And Brendan was TERRIFIED of him:scared1: Hence the picture with Jason and not my child:rotfl:

After we ordered some drinks, this girl showed up...

DSC_0059.jpg

Can I tell you for that as long as I live I will never forget this girl's voice. It was, er, lets just say, memorable. She was loud, and whiney but the kids seemed to like her. All but mine that is. They were in moods too. Here they are totally NOT getting into the show...

DSC_0054-1.jpg

Oh well, we went back to our table to eat and wait for the characters to come to us. Brendan LOVES Little Einsteins so I was excited for him to meet them. First up, Leo!

DSC_0062.jpg

Next up, Bacon!

DSC_0063-2.jpg

My boy loves his bacon.

Then came Jojo. Please take note of Brendan's face. He's giving me this half smile that seems to say, "Cheese, but really mom, who is this freaky clown that you're taking my picture with. I've never seen her before. She should get a show."

DSC_0064.jpg

I knew that Jason and I were pretty delirious at this point but then I noticed Brendan acting a bit odd. He aparantly was able to gather every utinsel within reaching distance and proceeded to attack his biscuit. I thought this was hilarious!

DSC_0066-1.jpg

After the brutal attack on the biscuit, it was time to pose with June...

DSC_0068-1.jpg

And for some reason Leo came back around and I got this precious pic!

DSC_0072.jpg

And that was it for Play n' Dine. And I have to apologize for my attitude about this meal. I'm sure under different circumstances, we would have had a better time. But we were all so tired and broke from all the money we were spending on food that it just wasn't fun. Plus the Jojo and Goliath thing really annoys me. I mean, get Handy Many in there or Mickey! Ok, I'm over it. Moving on...

Our next stop was to take some pics with the gang from Cars. Brendan loves this movie and Aubrey wanted nothing to do with it. The line wasn't long so me and Bobo waited and I got some cute pics. He just thought it was the coolest thing ever. Notice how he's scratching his head. He didn't understand why they weren't talking to him. LOL!

DSC_0078.jpg

The other thing that we wanted to check out this day was the Honey I shrunk the kids playground. We had passed by it many times before but never stopped to play. It looked really cool so we wanted to check it out. This place was way cool. Here are the kids coming down the leaf slide...

DSC_0081-1.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

And of course dad had to get in on the action...

DSC_0087.jpg

It was so fun watching all 3 ;) of my kids going down the slide over and over. I thought, gee what a great time to get a video. I pulled out my video camera and opened the lense. Hmmmmm, something's wrong here. It was taping but it wouldn't zoom or focus. It was totally blurry. Then I remembered our lunch the day before at Sunshine Station when my sweet little boy dropped the thing on the concrete floor. I thought nothing of it at the time but now realized it was a goner. Awesome.

So, I put it away and tried to get over it:mad: Then I noticed that I hadn't seen Brendan for a while. Hmmmm, that's odd. He was addicted to that leaf slide and now he was gone. I found Jason and he hadn't seen him either. So, if you've ever been in this place, you know that the entrance is kind of open and it's easy for the kids to get out without the parents seeing them. Ok, I am not an overreacting kind of person and I was calm for about the first 10 minutes that we couldn't find him:scared1: Then panic started to set in. I was running around like a crazy person looking for him. He may have broken my video camera but I wasn't ready to give him up just yet!!! Just as we decided to ask a CM for help, here he comes wandering out of some tunnel. :sad2: This child, can I tell you, is going to be the death of me! With that, we were officially done with the playground.:headache:

Ok, so it was still too early to use our TSM FP's so we headed over to the character stop with Woody and the gang. We got in line and I quickly realized that we were going to be there for a while. Like, 45 minutes. I just didn't have it in me. I guess you could say I was having a meltdown. We moved about 4.5 inches in 5 minutes and decided to get out of the line. The kids were ok with this, shockingly. So we decided just to sit down in the shade and take it easy until it was time to use the FP's. Thankfully, the army men were out and we got some cute pics. I LOVE these guys. I dont' know what it is about them but I just think they are so cool!

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

I love this one with the boys. Too cute!

DSC_0096.jpg

Ok, I am officially 4 minutes passed my bedtime so I will have to continue tomorrow. And I promise my attitude will change. We ended up having a really good day:cutie:

Hi! I loooove the report and I understand the broken camera thing. My daughters broke my camera 2weeks before we went to Disney last year and I was freaking out. Good thing I was trying to take pics of our mickey mouse tiedie shirts or I never would have realized it was broken. And of course, Not one kid would confess to the dropping, but in the last pics, there were 2 girls so one must have been taking the pictures. LOL. Anyways, new camera...happy ending. Love the report! Nice to know that other moms like taking tons of pictures too. Its OUR memories! Colleen:lovestruc

Tal~ mini-meltdowns are all a part of the Disney experience.....especially when the "adults" have them. It's not a DISNEY trip unless someone has a meltdown.....:grouphug:

Oh, wow - I had a lot to catch up on! I know I won't remember everything that I wanted to comment on, but I will try.

First of all - that was so funny about your hubby trying to take the pins out of DD's hair. He really did look like he was concentrating pretty hard. So glad that she didn't get upset the next morning to find it was gone. And YES, sometimes it is okay to tell a white lie when your children's feelings are involved! :goodvibes

Yes - the man should have been more patient at FOTLK. Kids sometimes can't help themselves and when you are surrounded by them, then prepare for whatever. Asking politely to please keep your child's feet to themselves is one thing, but yelling is a complete other. Glad he apologized.

In regard to Play N Dine - I agree, JoJo should go. She doesn't have a show anymore and the target kids age now don't even know who she is anymore. I think I read another TR and they had replaced Goliath with Handy Manny (I think). Someone may have to correct me on that one, but I think that's right. Now we need a Special Agent Oso to replace JoJo!

Oh, and I have to add that I always have at least one "mini" or "not-so-mini" meltdown at Disney. LOL!

What is a Disney trip if you don't have a meltdown?

I'm so sorry the day started off not so magical. But it does look to be getting better. We love the playground! It's a great way to blow off energy. Sorry for the scare.

Just read your trip report from the beginning, I couldn't stop! Thanks for sharing your time with us, it looks like you had such a great time! Looking forward to reading the last of it :)

Hi! I loooove the report and I understand the broken camera thing. My daughters broke my camera 2weeks before we went to Disney last year and I was freaking out. Good thing I was trying to take pics of our mickey mouse tiedie shirts or I never would have realized it was broken. And of course, Not one kid would confess to the dropping, but in the last pics, there were 2 girls so one must have been taking the pictures. LOL. Anyways, new camera...happy ending. Love the report! Nice to know that other moms like taking tons of pictures too. Its OUR memories! Colleen:lovestruc

OMG, I would be ticked too! Good thing you tested it before you left:scared1: That would have been a nightmare!!! Oh, I took something like 1400 pics on this trip. Why not?! Can't have to many!!!

Glad you like the report:)

Tal~ mini-meltdowns are all a part of the Disney experience.....especially when the "adults" have them. It's not a DISNEY trip unless someone has a meltdown.....:grouphug:

Glad to hear that! I mean, we are entitled to a few fits, right?!

Oh, wow - I had a lot to catch up on! I know I won't remember everything that I wanted to comment on, but I will try.

First of all - that was so funny about your hubby trying to take the pins out of DD's hair. He really did look like he was concentrating pretty hard. So glad that she didn't get upset the next morning to find it was gone. And YES, sometimes it is okay to tell a white lie when your children's feelings are involved! :goodvibes

Yes - the man should have been more patient at FOTLK. Kids sometimes can't help themselves and when you are surrounded by them, then prepare for whatever. Asking politely to please keep your child's feet to themselves is one thing, but yelling is a complete other. Glad he apologized.

In regard to Play N Dine - I agree, JoJo should go. She doesn't have a show anymore and the target kids age now don't even know who she is anymore. I think I read another TR and they had replaced Goliath with Handy Manny (I think). Someone may have to correct me on that one, but I think that's right. Now we need a Special Agent Oso to replace JoJo!

Oh, and I have to add that I always have at least one "mini" or "not-so-mini" meltdown at Disney. LOL!

That is so funny about Goliath! Maybe we'll have to give it another try one day. But seriously, how cute would a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse meal be? Oh, and if Oso was there:worship: My kids would freak!!!

I'm glad you are all caught up. I know I'm going fast with the TR but it's because I'm anxious to start my PTR. Sad, isn't it:rolleyes1

What is a Disney trip if you don't have a meltdown?

I'm so sorry the day started off not so magical. But it does look to be getting better. We love the playground! It's a great way to blow off energy. Sorry for the scare.

Amen!

I'm just going to bring a really long leash next time we go:rotfl:

Just read your trip report from the beginning, I couldn't stop! Thanks for sharing your time with us, it looks like you had such a great time! Looking forward to reading the last of it :)

Wow, I'm glad you are all caught up! I hope I didn't disappoint:) We had a blast on this trip and I'm having just as much fun sharing all of our memories! Thanks for joining in:thumbsup2

LOL! I will look for you and your group! Maybe we can meet up for a DIS drink at the bar:laughing: You are going to LOVE WDW at the holidays. There is truly nothing like it!!! Are you doing the Christmas party?
Drinks sound good! Playing family tour guide is going to be stressful, or I'm going to point to the bus stop and say have at it!:lmao:
Still debating the Christmas Party. I want to but we'll see. Have reservations at CG one of the party nights so I'll at least see the fireworks!

Lots of updates to catch up on!popcorn:: Love the tubular christmas card idea, so cute. How nice that someone helped you photoshop Aubrey's pic.

Fireworks, oh what to say... Noah is the same way. Ear plugs work wonders. He even has issues with going to the movies. Don't get it, I swear he can get louder than the fireworks himself and that doesn't bother him:rotfl:

Aubrey seems so much like Chloe. Love how you got her to be ok with taking down her hair.:rotfl2: Sometimes you must tell a little fib, but hey it is a magical one. I can see you telling her the story then waiting for her to either fuss or believe you. Whew on that one.:laughing:

After taking a 10 day trip this year, I definitely think 6 is enough. Day 7 is when the fatigue set in for us. We even missed a breakfast with the characters that I was looking forward to. Thinking the DVC sounds great for shorter trips more frequently. And I hear they are opening a new home in Hawaii :lovestruc

Keep the updates coming:woohoo:

Absolutely LOVING your trip report. It is actually partly because of you that we decided to book another trip this December even though we just went in May. Our May trip was such a disappointment and I love some of the things you did...the pillow cases (I will use fabric pens and keep it out of the rain), the tea and all the other fun stuff. When are you going in December? I can't believe you remembered so much about your trip. I am still writing mine from May and forget 1/2 of it already. If we're there in December maybe we can meet up for a yummy drink in France. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter