WL Fans...Pictures of new Roaring Forks

Cool -- it looks very similar to Artist's at SSR, which I love! :cool1:

tardin1964 said:
Was wondering if anyone has got a peek of what's going on in the new seating area?

I tried the door, but it was locked! :rolleyes1 DH looked at me like I was nuts for even trying to open it!

Jimmytammy- you were posting at the same time we were there. I saw your pictures for the first time on DH's laptop while we were in the room. Hate that we didn't get to meet you in person (we have overlapped vacations several times it seems). We had an awesome stay. Hope you did too!

love 'em....

I haven't been back to VWL in a while - looks like it might be time again....

Sorry we missed yall too. Love your flag family picture. We were the flag family on the 23rd. And we did have a good stay. Wish we were there right now. Oh well, gotta wait til Dec. :hourglass But we are gonna sneak in a trip to HH for the 1st time in Sept. DW says that will help me ease my Disney fix a little :thumbsup2

no chili dogs? Not that they were especially good, or anything. I always liked their burgers, hope those didn't change.

ErinC said:
I tried the door, but it was locked! :rolleyes1 DH looked at me like I was nuts for even trying to open it!

Jimmytammy- you were posting at the same time we were there. I saw your pictures for the first time on DH's laptop while we were in the room. Hate that we didn't get to meet you in person (we have overlapped vacations several times it seems). We had an awesome stay. Hope you did too!

HA!!! That's funny. I would have tried the door too and my wife would have had the same reaction :rotfl2:

hmmerr02 said:
Does anyone know when the dining room will be open and the whole project complete??
It seems like I overheard one of the Cm's that was walking around cleaning up the tables that it would only be a few weeks until it was open. It really wasn't a problem though. There were probably seven or eight "2 seater" tables set up outside in the hall, and there are probably 5 tables right outside the door by the pool. We always found somewhere to sit each time we ate in there. Frankly the lunch that we enjoyed outside by the pool was so pleasant. You can't beat the view! Don't worry about it too much!

Uh, oh...

DH is going to be so disappointed.

He ate a chili dog almost every day we stayed at WL last year...and nachos, too. :rotfl2:

Yikes!

Does anyone have pic's of the new dining area now that it is open?? Or a description?

Thanks!

timandlesley said:
Does anyone have pic's of the new dining area now that it is open?? Or a description?

Thanks!

Just checking this thread to ask the same question. Hope someone can help :)

Maistre Gracey said:
Thanx jimmytammy. The pics are geat! :)
Even just looking at those pics, the theming comes through strong. It just puzzles me why everyone isn't clamoring to get into this resort. ;)

MG

The main pool is too small. Transportation is not great.

Maistre Gracey said:
Thanx jimmytammy. The pics are geat! :)
Even just looking at those pics, the theming comes through strong. It just puzzles me why everyone isn't clamoring to get into this resort. ;)

MG
I agree!

We were there the week of April 8-16 and the dining area is complete!! I did not take any pictures, but the area seems very nice with more seating than before. Tried many of the new offerings and and they were very good. Had the yogurt parfait and it was very good also, although had to add a bit of nutrasweet as it was just a bit on the "tangy" side!! :)

One word of caution: There's a freestanding sign in front of the checkout area that say's "form two lines". While we were there, we saw two variations of this...sometimes people would do as directed while other times they would form one line around the outside and just move up in progression as the two registers cleared. While I think this makes more sense, people did it both ways and the people forming the single line would become upset when someone tried to follow what the sign directs you to do...a few minor confrontations actually resulted from this. The other problem with forming two lines is that the line along the wall must "cut" through the second line when exiting, and some people seemed annoyed at this as they had to back up. I think from a logistical perspective, Disney needs to take a look at the checkout procedure....other than that, it was great!! jsinohio

@jsinohio

thanks for the update on Roaring Forks. I'm glad to hear they added more seating. Looking forward to seeing some pics. Hope someone posts some soon :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter