WL Courtyard View

ihearttink

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the WL for the first time in May. All we could get with the AP rate was a courtyard view. Can someone explain to me what a courtyard view is. I've had standard view and water view before but have never heard of a courtyard view :confused3 .

The courtyard view are the rooms that surround the pool and basically the back courtyard of the WL. I've stayed there 2 times and was very pleased with the rooms. I like WL alot and I can't picture myself not staying in a courtyard veiw room.

Just wanted to add as noted on the linked map - a few courtyard views are on the villa side overlooking the villa courtyard.

Here's the view from a "Courtyard View" from the 5th floor taken Summer 2005. At least I think it was the 5th floor. Courtyard Views are great. The fiancee and I have had Courtyard Views all three times we've stayed at the WL.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

I booked the same AP courtyard view for June 2nd for a week. If you think about it when you get back maybe you can throw a few room numbers or suggestions my way. We've never stayed at WL and can't wait.
Enjoy,

jaw407 said:
I booked the same AP courtyard view for June 2nd for a week. If you think about it when you get back maybe you can throw a few room numbers or suggestions my way. We've never stayed at WL and can't wait.
Enjoy,

No problem. It will be our first stay & I can't wait.

Donald Soarin' said:
Here's the view from a "Courtyard View" from the 5th floor taken Summer 2005. At least I think it was the 5th floor. Courtyard Views are great. The fiancee and I have had Courtyard Views all three times we've stayed at the WL.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Thank you. The pictures are beautiful. I see your getting married in May - Congratulations. Actually DH and I will be celebrating our 21st anniversary on this trip :love: , I can't wait.

we had a courtyard view similar to the pictures posted. very nice view! it is actually one of my favorite views at WDW, because it is great to "people watch". enjoy your trip!

I think we were upgraded from woods to CYV & we were in room 319 or 21 (had Bunk Beds)it was good view of the springs area & courtyard now we do not have a clear view of the pool, could not see the geiser. And it was quiet.
I also stayed in room 5001 woodsview good room if you don't have kids, farthest room from the bus stop but, you could just go down the stairs & right out to the boat dock.

Kae

D&R love Disney said:
Courtyard is my favorite. It looks out over the falls, pool and lake.

Not necessarily. There are also rooms listed as CY view that do not look out over the pool, but rather the outer courtyard looking towards the villas. If you want to make certain that you get a view overlooking the pool you should ask for an "inner CY view". Here's some view from room 5163, the only thing bad about this room is that it is quite the hike from the lobby.

38923WLview1.jpg

38923WLview2.jpg

38923WLview3.jpg

38923WLview4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter