• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL Courtyard View vs Standard View Comtemporary

JCuel

Earning My Ears
We currently have 2 rooms reserved with courtyard view at WL. The trip is DW, me, and 2 nieces ages 10 & 13 who have never been to DW. They will have their own room. All that is available at WL w/free dining is one woods view room. They do have 2 standard view rooms at the Contemporary. We can't change the dates and we will go with or without free dining. Luckily money isn't an issue. So which would you choose and why? Free dining issue excluded.

Overall I would probably say go Contemporary. In terms of view quality, you are trading the best view at the WL for the worst view at the Contemporary, but you are getting bigger rooms (that are also nicer than the WL IMHO) and monorail access at the Contemporary, which makes up the difference. In my mind before free dining comes into play they are about even, except I would say WL, because you chose that resort originally and the Contemporary (despite the better rooms) has a VERY different feel. Free dining, however, tips the scales back in favor of the Contemporary.

If money isn't an issue, I would see about sort of upgraded views were available at the Contemporary (garden/Tower Bay view/ Tower MK view) because if you had one of those, particularly the Tower ones, it would be no contest. I would be surprised if standard view is all they have left becuase usually, since they tore down one of the Contemporary wings, that is one of the hardest room types at the Contemporary to reserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter