WL Christmas decorations

cinderlexa's mom

Happily addicted to WDW
Doe anyone have first hand knowledge of when the Christmas decorations are mostly done at WL? How about when they start going up? I've read that some resorts start decorating as soon as 11/1! Thanks for any WL specific info you may have!:goodvibes

I would also like to know this. We will be at WL 10/27-11/4.
A few years ago we stayed at POFQ during the same week, and they were
putting up Xmas dec. 11/1

1) WL decorations start early November.
2) Last year they were done before Thanksgiving.

The last four years the Christmas decorations @ Wilderness Lodge have been done around the 13-15 or second week in November. The resorts are on a schedule for the decorations some resort are completed earlier.

Thanks guys! I'm just trying to figure out which resort I should stay in first POLY or WL. I've stayed in both, but I haven't seen the Christmas decorations at the WL. Hoping they'll be up on/by Nov. 4.

We left the WL last year on 11/13 and there were no decorations up yet. One night we returned from the parks and there was a big cherry picker parked in the lobby. I was hoping we'd wake up to a decorated lobby the next morning, but I think they were just changing a light bulb in the ceiling!

We stayed at SSR Nov. 12-19 last year and everywhere we went they were in the process of putting up decorations... we watched them decorated the lamp posts at SSR while we waited for the bus one morning... saw lots going up in all the parks too... one CM told us they start about this time and continue putting stuff up until about T-giving when they are finished.

JE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter