WL bunk beds

ldisney

Earning My Ears
I have a DS8 who thinks it would be "way cool" to sleep in a bunk bed at a hotel. Do any of the standard rooms at WL have bunk beds, or do you have to reserve the ones listed specifically as 1 queen w/ bunk beds?

Also, I'm guessing that the discount codes that people receive in the mail or e-mail are generally sent to returning guests? The last time I was at WDW there were two resorts (no garden wings) and Epcot was barely under construction (no geodesic ball yet), so I'm not on the "return guests" list!:)

Any info you can offer will be appreciated.

I have a DS8 who thinks it would be "way cool" to sleep in a bunk bed at a hotel. Do any of the standard rooms at WL have bunk beds, or do you have to reserve the ones listed specifically as 1 queen w/ bunk beds?

Also, I'm guessing that the discount codes that people receive in the mail or e-mail are generally sent to returning guests? The last time I was at WDW there were two resorts (no garden wings) and Epcot was barely under construction (no geodesic ball yet), so I'm not on the "return guests" list!:)

Any info you can offer will be appreciated.

You have to reserve the rooms that are specifically designated as having bunk beds. They also are more money because they have a view. whereas the standard rooms tend to overlook the parking lots and loading docks.

I had bunk beds when we went last May. As the previous poster said add that to your reservation. Also, I recommend this HIGHLY, 2 days before you leave, call the lodge and confirm your ressie with the bunkbeds. They only make room assignments 1 or 2 days before you get there.

I had bunk beds when we went last May. As the previous poster said add that to your reservation. Also, I recommend this HIGHLY, 2 days before you leave, call the lodge and confirm your ressie with the bunkbeds. They only make room assignments 1 or 2 days before you get there.

I don't think you have to call ahead anymore, I somehow remember reading in the DIS that as of maybe Dec 2006 they added to option on their reservation site, upped the price and its pretty much a done deal.

Starting Jan 1, 2007 Bunk beds at Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge must be booked through CRO at an additional charge. If you book a Bunk Bed Room you will receive a room with bunk beds:

Standard View-$215 $265 $325 $359
Woods View-$240 $290 $350 $385
Woods View Bunk Beds-$260 $310 $370 $405
Courtyard View-$270 $320 $385 $420
Courtyard View Bunk Beds-$295 $345 $410 $445
Deluxe-$485 $550 $625 $675

Last time we stayed at WL it was just a request. Not you pay extra so it is quanateed. We did get bunkbeds, but I have to say I was nervous that we wouldn't because I had told the kids about the bb. So I think it is better now, even though 20 bucks extra is a bit much & kinda stinks.

Kae

I agree the charge is too high, maybe $5.00 max. They should be able to track the rooms and when all are booked just remove the option. They do this with the "Boardwalk View" over at the BWV.

All of your advice is great. This was my first post, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.
I'm still trying to justify spending the extra $550 for five nights at WL (which is themed perfectly for our family - we would geek out if we got to be the Flag Family - very Cub Scout-like, and we're all three in Scouts!) vs. staying at Swan/Dolphin for the $125 sale rate in August, which would be closer to the parks we will probably spend the most time at (DS is very much into Star Wars, Power Rangers, and, of course, Cars, so the character experiences at MGM alone will be pricesless!) We CAN afford WL, but not sure I'm able to break my "thriftiness" (or DH's) to do so? Ah...well...we'll see. If you have any way to twist my arm on this issue, feel free; it won't take much.

Thanks, again, for the help.

have you seen the Wilderness Lodge Thread, its about 300 pages devoted to WL? Also, check out allears.net they have a bunch of photos of the WL. That's what sold me on it. I've never been to the Swan or the Dolphin (people do love), but until I hit every WDW resort - we probably won't be staying at the Swan or Dolphin. DH is a gov't employee and qualifies for a special rate and that still won't sway me. Also, we are complete, devoted fans of the DDP. We get to eat at places we probably wouldn't go to. Like having steaks at Disney. how fun is that? and it all prepaid.

Anyhoo...if you can afford it, do it. Happy Planning

I would like to add that my family loves WL. DS9 also loves it. I would book an WV, because you pay extra for BB I do not know if you would upgraded to one. And i do not think I would pay extra for it either.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter