• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL Bunk Bed Rooms???

frisco

DIS Veteran
Just wondering, if anyone had any pics of the bunk bed rooms at WL they might have taken. Curious to see what the rooms look like, layout wise. More specifically, are the bunk beds pushed all the way against the wall or are they centered where the queen bed would be?

Thanks.

1) Layout and room size is the same as two-bed rooms.
2) Except, one of the beds is a bunk up against the wall.
3) It does add a little more open floor space.

When we stayed in a WL Bunk Bed room in February of 2007, the bunk bed was placed exactly where the other queen bed would have been. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of it.

Not sure if this layout has changed since 07, but that was our experience.

Side note: the beds are heavy, but they are not bolted to the floor, if you really wanted to move them I suppose you could.

Here is a link for a photo I found..I am getting 2 rooms connecting for our trip this August...one of the rooms will have bunk beds for our kids...I haven't decided if it will be great or the fighting will start every night over who sleeps on top :rotfl:

http://allears.net/acc/wl18.jpg

Definitely NOT up against the wall when we were there in 2008...maybe about 2 feet from the wall? Did provide a little extra space though, it seemed. Our kids took turns sleeping up top.

036.jpg

We've had a few bunk bed rooms, and they've always had the beds centered where the other queen would have been like the above picture. I do remember seeing, quite a few years ago, where the bunkbeds were turned sideways against the wall, I think on one of the Disney Planning videos or an old brochure? Anyone remember that?

We've had a few bunk bed rooms, and they've always had the beds centered where the other queen would have been like the above picture. I do remember seeing, quite a few years ago, where the bunkbeds were turned sideways against the wall, I think on one of the Disney Planning videos or an old brochure? Anyone remember that?

Yes it was one of the planning videos, maybe the one for the Happiest Celebration on Earth with "Erin?" Every time we watched it we said "I wonder if that's a deluxe room?" because the bed is in the "wrong" position!

I don't mean to high jack, but was wondering if the bottom bunk is lower to the floor than the queen beds are since it doesn't have a rail?

Definitely lower to the floor. At least at AKL and I would assume they are the same. We just returned and the queen is pretty high but the bottom bunk definitely was not.

This is good to know. I have a 2 1/2 yo that will be sleeping on the bottom bunk.I will be requesting bed rails and extra pillows in case:)
It would be great if they can be moved so I only have to deal with the one side. I'll be sure to report back on how it worked out.

Yes it was one of the planning videos, maybe the one for the Happiest Celebration on Earth with "Erin?" Every time we watched it we said "I wonder if that's a deluxe room?" because the bed is in the "wrong" position!

Thanks for the confirmation :thumbsup2 I wonder how much floor space that would open up?

In that picture you can see my 2 1/2 yr old in that background and we actually just had him sleep in the top bunk! It almost felt like a crib, I figured we were right next to him if he tried to crawl down the ladder, but he never did, he did great.

Are the bunk beds shorter than a queen bed? Would a teen (5' 6") fit OK in one?

We've had a few bunk bed rooms, and they've always had the beds centered where the other queen would have been like the above picture. I do remember seeing, quite a few years ago, where the bunkbeds were turned sideways against the wall, I think on one of the Disney Planning videos or an old brochure? Anyone remember that? :)
I found a short video here: www.kingdommagictravel.com/disneyworld/resorts/wlodge.htm
It will be on the video to the right side of the page and should start automatically
This has the bunkbed shown sideways.. looks like it takes up the whole room turned this way. At least they can be moved I guess :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter