WL at Xmas over BCV ??

Mickey

Dis Veteran
We just got a call stating that Wilderness Lodge was open the week we want to come. We have reservation at Boardwalk. I have never stayed at either of these resorts, so I don't know what each has to offer, especially at Xmas. From what I read WL is beautiful at Xmas, can people confirm?

I don't think you will regret staying at WL during Christmas! I may be a little bit bias since it's my home resort;) ...however, the decorations are just beautiful! Plus they have the wonderful fireplace in the main lobby. It's something like 5 stories tall built with big stones, rocking chairs to sit in while you're enjoying the fire!! And the smell...it just envokes wonderful holiday memories!!! :p

I hope you'll give it a chance. I love BWV, but at Christmas time more rustice is better IMHO.

The theme of WL seems to be complimented by the traditional Christmas decorating color scheme. So to me the overall effect of the holiday decorations at the WL/VWL feels more "Christmas-ey".
JMHO.

Even if you decide to stay at BCV, make sure to visit WL/VWL to experience the decorations:D

Originally posted by TiggerFreak
The theme of WL seems to be complimented by the traditional Christmas decorating color scheme. So to me the overall effect of the holiday decorations at the WL/VWL feels more "Christmas-ey".
JMHO.

Even if you decide to stay at BCV, make sure to visit WL/VWL to experience the decorations:D
I agree completely. All the DVC resorts are beautiful. We own at both VWL and BWV. We make a "summer" trip each year and stay in a beachy place (BCV or BWL) and make a post-Thanksgiving trip each year and it HAS to be at VWL.

The WL is beautiful anytime, but it is so much more so during the Christmas holidays. The decorations rival the GF and the atmosphere is unbeatable. The WL is such a warm, cozy place..............and with the decorations, the holiday music playing throughout the resort, the scenery, the fireplaces - it's like you are just wrapped up in a warm, cozy, traditional Christmas postcard. Not that the other resorts aren't beautiful during the holidays, but the WL is extra special, IMHO.

We love touring the various WDW resorts to see the Christmas decorations. The WL and GF are not to be missed. The BC has an incredible carousel made of gingerbread and chocolate that has to be seen. The BW has gorgeous traditional decorations. Those are our favorites.

We have stayed at several of the resorts as cash guests for Christmas (this year will be our first official DVC stay) and WL is my favorite, GF comes in second. We were at BCV last year and it was nice too, but does not come close to WL.

I had to choose last year and I picked the WLV over the BCV. It has more of the xmas feeling with the log cabin look.The outdoors look and the great big tree with the large fireplace makes it the best choice.Don't forget about the Iron Spike room (wow) what a great place to gather around with your family.

tiggerguy2000

WLV is way overrated at Christmas time. Keep this in mind when making your reservation next year so we can get in

BWV is my home resort and I totally love it. BUt I would vote for VWL for a Christmas trip. We stayed at VWL in early Dec and LOVED the theming for x-mas. I love staying at the different resorts and enjoying what they do best. WL is rustic and does x-mas so well, BC has SAB, BW has the Boardwalk. We have not tried OKW yet, and are looking forward to Saratoga.

Even the green tiles on the walls have Christmas trees?? :bounce: Gotta love it!

Here is another BIG thumbs up for WL for christmas. As DeDixie said, WL does Christmas sooooooo well. I love my home resort at BWV and it is decorated very nicely for Christmas but no other WDW resort has the same magical, totally Christmas feel like WL does. GF is pretty darn close but I still prefer WL at Christmas. You will love it!!

I also agree with TiggerFreak! Although I have never stayed at or visited the WL during Christmas, I would , no question, vote for WL. We stayed there 2 years ago and it was wonderfull. I told my Mom she would have to stay there sometime because she would love it. That said, I have to admit it is not my type of theming I go for. I prefer light and bright. But for Christmas I would definatley choose WL for my family. It will seem more like home because we are from the north. Also, if you have time, do go to all the resorts they each have something special. We stayed at the Beach Club last year for the week before Christmas and the decorations were very nice. The GF was unbelievable! The huge tree, gingerbread house and just the feel was awsome. Have fun with your decision and ENJOY!

Thanks for everyones reply. I made the change. I am now staying at VWL during my vacation at Xmas. I am so excited about staying there, sounds like fun and very festive. My only problem is I still have one day that I am on the waiting list. So hopefully this will come through, otherwise, I will have to switch on my last day. I was on a waiting list for this date, so I am sure it will pull through.

site1015.gif

:rolleyes:

DEFINATELY VWL! Best Christmas theming in all of WDW! I kind of like the BC with their gingerbread and marzipan sculptures too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter