• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL and surrey bikes?

lgncd

Mouseketeer
We are family of 4. ds 4 and ds 2. I believe WL has surrey bike rentals. How is the bike path? could we get a good half hour out of it? is it wooded? and scenic? we plan to do one on boardwalk but would like to see WL and have a different experience. tia:)

We are family of 4. ds 4 and ds 2. I believe WL has surrey bike rentals. How is the bike path? could we get a good half hour out of it? is it wooded? and scenic? we plan to do one on boardwalk but would like to see WL and have a different experience. tia:)

We did the surrey bike thing at WL a few yrs ago. Basically the path goes thru deep woods to the petting zoo area ....I think Ft. Wilderness area. Unlike the BW area path, the WL path is straight and pretty flat - much easier peddling;) . We saw cute tiny deer in the woods & you don't have to worry about steering around other bikers or walkers. This was kind of fun for my kids because we hopped off & and took a look around the petting zoo and then returned to WL. It was fine for 1/2 hr. Nothing thrilling, but with the ages of your kids you all may have fun. :goodvibes

Happy times,

Lives4Disney :)

Thanks, it sounds just right for us. coming from the southwest, we could use a little dose of "woods":)

Can you ride the surrey bikes over to FW and spend the afternoon -- or do the bikes have to be returned in a short period of time?

Can you ride the bikes over to FW and leave them at the surrey bike stand there? (if there even is one)

Can you ride the surrey bikes over to FW and spend the afternoon -- or do the bikes have to be returned in a short period of time?

Can you ride the bikes over to FW and leave them at the surrey bike stand there? (if there even is one)

The surrey bikes are rented by the 1/2 hour or hour....can't remember exactly. I don't remember seeing any bike stand near the petting zoo and that's really all we checked out over there...sorry I can't answer your question.:confused:

I THINK - it's been a while since we rented the bikes anywhere, but I think they take your license or CC or room key (not sure which and maybe they don't do that anymore) as a deposit so you would def want to return it to the same stand.

We have rented them vacation before the last one at WL and let me tell you..................2 of us were middle 50's and 2 were late 20's and a 4 person bike is pretty heavy, took all we had to get it from the WL bike rental place up the hill past where you get on the busses to the trail to FW. We struggled like you couldn't believe, gave it the old gung-ho made it to FW, didn't stop, too tired and pedaled back to the rental place. We were gone less than a half hour and they didn't even charge us. It is a ton of work, worse yet in the humid heat of Florida, always looks like alot of fun but thats only going down hill and there ain't alot of down hills around the WL.

We have rented them vacation before the last one at WL and let me tell you..................2 of us were middle 50's and 2 were late 20's and a 4 person bike is pretty heavy, took all we had to get it from the WL bike rental place up the hill past where you get on the busses to the trail to FW. We struggled like you couldn't believe, gave it the old gung-ho made it to FW, didn't stop, too tired and pedaled back to the rental place. We were gone less than a half hour and they didn't even charge us. It is a ton of work, worse yet in the humid heat of Florida, always looks like alot of fun but thats only going down hill and there ain't alot of down hills around the WL.

LOL! I thought we were the only ones.....made us feel really outa shape.:rotfl: It can be tough - especially after trudging around a park all day. I thought the WL was easier than the BW area with those big hills and the crowds that don't listen to the warning bell on the bike.

Try having to peddle (just DH and I) 3 grade school kids that cannot yet reach the peddles!!! UGH!! No wonder THEY love the surrey bikes and always want to rent one. ;) haha.

The OP will probably get the small bike for two and the little ones will ride in the front basket and ring the bell.

Happy times,

Here are the prices from last summer they may have increased but this will give you a starting price:

Bicycles
Mongoose bikes of various sizes
$7.51 a hour, $20.65 a day.
Surrey Bikes
$16.90 1/2 hour-2 Seater
$20.65 1/2 hour-4 Seater
*Helmets must be worn by those 15 years old or younger

One more item the petting zoo has been closed for several years now. (Due to health resons)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter