• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL, AK, or Boardwalk for College Age

flipflops42

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide between WL, AK, or BWI resorts. We are celebrating my DS 19th birthday in January. As a surprise, we are going to bring along his girlfriend. I want to make sure everyone is comfortable. (My son is 6'1".) I was considering WL and AK bunk beds or the BWI standard queen room with the daybed.

I am concerned that AK is so far away from other parks. We love WL theme and have stayed there several times; but I am concerned about all of the construction. Boardwalk is convenient to Epcot and Disney Studios; however I am not familiar with BWI. Thoughts?

Boardwalk, ideally with Park Hopper tickets. No contest for those ages.

I completely agree. The rooms at AKL and WL are pretty small. WL is undergoing a massive refurb and AKL is pretty remote. With BWI, you get a bigger room and are within walking distance to a TON of restaurants, recreation amenities and two parks. It's the perfect adult resort IMHO.

And understanding that they're 19 and thus not drinking age, there is still more entertainment for them nearby.

Agree with BW!! Our 18year old loves the BW area. There is so much to walk and see. Two parks to walk to, location is fantastic! We really liked AKL for the kids when they were younger, but it is remote and quiet. My teens love the hustle and bustle in the BW area. Our room at the BW was very quiet,but it was great to have plenty of activities in walking distance.

Thank you for your feedback. I think I will book at BWI. Do you know if a 5'4" person can fit on the daybed?

Thank you for your feedback. I think I will book at BWI. Do you know if a 5'4" person can fit on the daybed?
Yes definitely my son is 5'10" and loved the day bed at the BC. If I'm not mistaken I believe both resorts have the same type of daybed in their rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter