Wk of May 13--WISH Walking/Running Club

Good morning WISH Team.

Eating warning for today: Don't eat veggiterian chilli with a can of tuna added just before bed. It makes for interesting patterns of discomfort throughout the midsection during the night. Seemed like a perfect high protien snack though.

I woke to a 41 degree morning here in Southern Kentucky. That's ok for a change it's better than the 90 degrees with 100% humidity we will have in a month at 7 am.

I have a question for the Disney vets. The ToT race will be in Oct, we usually go in January, will bugs be a problem? What is good to wear to fend them off? I was just thinking about that last night while trying to fall back to sleep.

Have a great day y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Good morning WISH Team.

Eating warning for today: Don't eat veggiterian chilli with a can of tuna added just before bed. It makes for interesting patterns of discomfort throughout the midsection during the night. Seemed like a perfect high protien snack though.

I woke to a 41 degree morning here in Southern Kentucky. That's ok for a change it's better than the 90 degrees with 100% humidity we will have in a month at 7 am.

I have a question for the Disney vets. The ToT race will be in Oct, we usually go in January, will bugs be a problem? What is good to wear to fend them off? I was just thinking about that last night while trying to fall back to sleep.

Have a great day y'all.

Dave:hippie:

Chili and tuna? Son! :lmao: Did Erica stay in the same room as you, or did she kick you to the couch? :rotfl2:

Love bugs are a May and September event, so we won't have to worry about those. There may be some lingering mosquitos, depending (rainfall, temps, etc.).

If you eat chili and tuna prior to the race I'm sure you won't have any problems with bugs. You'll be runnning by yourself, literally. ;) :rotfl:

Renee - Have fun at soccer. We talked the girls into NOT participating in the tournament!

Dave and princesses - Good luck tomorrow!

Windwalker Dave - It was 47 here in NC this morning. Made for a perfect run!

Did 4 miles on the group run this morning. These 3R/1W intervals seem REALLY slow now, but I refuse to move to a faster group since I'm sure when we get to longer distances I'll really appreciate this pace. We also did our first timed run - we ran for an entire mile (something I've never done on an outdoor run). I finished in 10:02! Not speedy like Christa and Dave and Stephanie and Angie, but I was THRILLED! Almost as thrilled as I was that I could actually run for a mile without stopping! Then the next mile was a gradual uphill, and we almost died.

Also, I met another WISHer this morning in the group! Was signing in and looked up and saw a bright yellow shirt and almost fell over - had to run over and say hello to Wendy!

Jackie

Hi all!!

Just a really quick post to catch up a little bit....

Dave-- Yeah, Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm in class for five straight hours. Monday and Wednesday it's just an hour and a half. Such is the nature of six week summer courses. I shouldn't complain... this way I'll graduate in April instead of needing extra time. Second summer session I've only got one class :thumbsup2 but it's Research Methods :headache: Oh yes, and GREs in September. :headache: :headache: :headache:

Martha-- I know Craig is a finance stud and all, but he's teaching at SLOAN?!?! Yowza!! I'm just going to go over here now and see if I can remember how to read my bank statement........

Leana-- For Goofy, I'm using Hal Higdon's Intermediate II training plan, which includes all the back to back runs in it. I'm using his Novice II for Toronto and then will jump in to Intermediate II (in progress) after a week off.

Christa-- I have the same weird reaction when people talk about their 10Ks as "marathons." As much as I know that running a 10K is a huge accomplishment.... darn it, I ran 26.2 miles!!!

The weather here the past few days has been perfect for running.. so reporting in...

Friday 5/18: 4.00 miles in 35:36 or 8:54/mile. :banana: :banana: :banana: This was a PERFECT run. I got my mojo back!!! :banana: :banana:

Saturday 5/19: 3.00 miles in 29:00 or 9:40/mile. I planned this as a nice and easy and it was. I sorta over Maker's Mark'd last night, so it was a struggle getting outta bed. But I'll take it.

Next week is really busy... exams for school, a deadline for work and a bunch of volunteering. I also have a million things to do for vacation in four weeks, but at least that's fun stuff. I am going to go ahead and do Week 1 of my training program twice, that way if it's too tough right now I can downgrade to something easier.

Oh, and I booked my airfare for the marathon! :thumbsup2 As the Haunted Mansion says.. "There's No Turning Back Now...."

Have a good weekend!
Kevin :earsboy:

Hi, everyone! Opted to sleep in this morning before work and will go to the gym when I leave here. I am already "itching" to get a workout in, after sitting at this desk for 3+ hours already. :confused3:

Dave-- just wanted to WISH you and princesses a great time tomorrow!

Carrie -- whew! for a minute there, I thought you were talking about me, but then I realized i hopefully haven't done anythign to make your life he**. :love:

Jackie -- How cool that you experienced a WISHer spotting! :goodvibes

Kevin -- It is so nice to see you here. DD is going to do a summer course that is 4.5 hours/day 2x/week and I am worried about that kind of schedule, but it will help her graduate on time, rather than taking an extra semester. Good luck and hang in there, buddy! I am so glad you are getting some runs in to burn off some stress.

Leana -- awesome pace on your 4 miler! :thumbsup2

Sorry I missed so many. Getting back to work now so that I can play later.

Oh, and Dave (windwalker), the "losing weight while training" thread does not advocate making yourself sick with strange combinations like that, even if they make you never want to eat again! :eek:

Today is DH's B Day so I need to keep dis'n down but had to report on the 5k!
I cannot get the link thingy to work..but if you are interested, here is my race report. Sorry, you will have to cut and paste and click to read it. http://journals.aol.com/gatorphipps/PhippsFamily/
Anyway I did it in 24:02....That is the clock time. My official results say 24:06 so I dont think the chips were working that well....the official results should be lower b/c it took a few seconds to get accross the start line...but anywho..I got 3rd in my division so I got a cool cup and my name was called out and everything!:cool1:

Dave good luck to your princess: princess: tomorrow!

Hello everyone!

I can't believe how many pages I have missed in the last four days. For work I just finished my three 12 hour shift days but I did climb on the treadmill this morning. I am trying to figure out how I can train on with my work schedule. Soon I will be going to nights (7 pm to 7 am). I considered running outside on my "lunch" break but I wouldn't feel safe doing that at 3 am. I wish we had a treadmill at work.

Christa- Great job on the 5K!
Jen- Happy Belated birthday!

I have two days off so I am going to try to catch up on this thread.
I Hope everyone is well.

Jen :goodvibes

Jen

The SS Lesley has been officially launched!! She is on her way in the real world! MIL is dead meat, at least I'd like to make it that way. She leaves tomorrow and we leave Tuesday evening for Italy.

I miss you guys but this is a very busy time for us. If I can figure out how to upload pix, I'll do so!!

TTYS!!!

Christa - WAY TO GO!!!! We knew you had it in you - glad you proved it to yourself!

Martha - Congratulations to Lesley (and Mom & Dad too!) Hang in there - MIL will be gone soon. Have a great time in Italy!

Kevin - GREAT runs!

Jackie

Christa--You go girl!!!:cool1: Now I gotta figure out a way to shave 20 sec. off my time!;)

Oh, and just b/c I'm super excited, I'll post this here as well as the other threads--I talked DH into doing ToT!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: So, all that work I did today really will pay off!! Can't wait to see everyone in Oct! Okay, gotta run, DH called and said I have to meet them at the church b/c he's got a surprise for me??????:confused3

Today is DH's B Day so I need to keep dis'n down but had to report on the 5k!
I cannot get the link thingy to work..but if you are interested, here is my race report. Sorry, you will have to cut and paste and click to read it. http://journals.aol.com/gatorphipps/PhippsFamily/
Anyway I did it in 24:02....That is the clock time. My official results say 24:06 so I dont think the chips were working that well....the official results should be lower b/c it took a few seconds to get accross the start line...but anywho..I got 3rd in my division so I got a cool cup and my name was called out and everything!:cool1:

Dave good luck to your princess: princess: tomorrow!
Yay Christa!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: That was an awesome run. I'm reading your race report now. 7:30 Mile 1 :thumbsup2. Good for you for stopping to help a runner, and I'm always surprised when people don't want to chat on a race course. That's where I always feel so giddy and chatty. Nice cup. Congrats on the run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter