Wk of May 13--WISH Walking/Running Club

Scuba Jim - Loved the Muddy Buddy Pictures on the other thread. That looks like a lot of fun. Not quite Bike Week, coleslaw wrastlin' fun, but pretty close.

Angie - You have my most sincere wish for luck with the back problems you and your DH are enduring. Don't push it too much.

Pats Fan Jen - Welcome!!

WI Jen - PD for DH's knee(s). I'm glad your foot is doing better. Enjoy your taper this week.

Kristi - Love the Hall of Fame!! You have had a busy year, haven't you?

Mike - I hate you. Your both funnier and faster than I am. If we had a vote to be in this fraternity I'd keep you out.
OUCH!! Black balled from the most welcoming group in the world! Do I have to send my WISH shirts back to Carrie?

I went for a nice 4+ mile run tonight. I'll not mention pace so I don't insight any more animosity from the corduroy elbow patch blazer wearing MIT types out there. Let's just say I was pretty winded at the end and leave it at that.

Craig - :lmao: :goodvibes :rotfl: :goodvibes :lmao: I was laughing at your post. Get through the end of the semester!:wizard:

Angie - Oh, I am so sorry you are having problems with your back. Lots of :wizard: and a big :grouphug: for you.

Scuba Jim - I need to go look at the pics on the other thread....Congrats to you and all who did it this year!

Kirsti - Great idea for the bling bling! I loved the pics!

OK...My DD 6.5 had a severe allergic reaction to something yesterday. Her little eyes were all swollen and she had bumps all over her. This has happened to DD9 after using certain sun block products but never to DD6.5. SHe is still a little swollen this morning but looks so much better...I doped her up on Benadryl this morning....my kids are so sensitive. Taking her to the Doc is pure...well it is aweful. SHE HATES THE Dr. AND GOES CRAZY! So out of control!
So...I did not run any yesterday b/c of that or Saturday (I took it as a rest day).

Good Morning

Kristi I love the medals post, I would have to search DS's rooms to find all of ours. YOU have A LOT to be proud of.

Optimator I want to know how fast!! WE will just vote him out of this club :rotfl: (TOTALLY KIDDING)

Christa Your poor baby, I hope she is well soon and not scarred for life by any necesarry doc visits. Just kidding, I know it's tough both DS hate the doc. BTW awesome job running this weekend.

back to work

angie

Angie - I have had chronic back pain since college when I injured it. I had severe pain last fall while training for the 1/2. So far this year it has been good, except for this weekend. I don't know what is up, but my back is killing me again. I went from PF pain back to my back pain. I have my 1/2 marathon on Sunday, so I am planning lots of rest. I am not ready to have surgery or anything drastic done to it. I am way to young... turn 35 tomorrow. My doctor is in agreement, so I use ibuprofin, ice and rest to fix it. I also do back and sciatic stretches which do help. I wish you luck with getting pain free.

Christa - My dd4 is the same way. She is very sensitive to allergens, pollen and of course sun screen. There is only one brand that we can use on her.

Kristi - I love the medals. I think I need to make a Medal Shrine in our basement rec area. I have 4 now (5 after this weekend). Most of my races don't give medals unless you win the age group.

Wendy - If you are out there... how did you attach your medals to the rod? I don't remember yours hanging down as much as Kristi's do.

OK, gotta go. I need coffee and have to get to work. Oh I just love Monday mornings!!!1

Good morning, team! :wave2:

Welcome, Jen! This is a great group!

For Mother's Day I was thrilled to receive a tiny digital camera. It's the perfect size to take along for the WDW Half. :cool1: :banana:

This week I resume training. (Took a week off following the Half I completed on May 6.) Only 22 weeks until my first full marathon (Baltimore, October 13). I can't decide whether to do all walk or try a walk/run (4:1) for the very first time. We'll how things go as I train. :scared:

Have a great week, everyone. I'll be reading along and posting when I can.

:sad2: bad pirate: . Mike - Craig cannot cote you out adn I do not take return shirts. ;) There is only one person I owuld vote to keep off WISH and she's a certain blonde dj.....:rolleyes1 Then again, I'd really like her to spend some time here. I think it would nto be lond before those inadvertent slips of teh tongue were remedied.

Craig - You need a break! Confusing k/ch-rista's and kicking WIShers off the team? :scared1: A weekend w/o your beatiful wife really got to you, huh? ;)

Angie - So sorry about your back. My intermittent sciatic pain is bad enoough for me. :wizard: :wizard:

Kristi - I love the medals display!!! I haeva spot all picked out now! Cool!

Wendy - Missed your curtain rod ifdea the first time around. Very cool! Hope the tri went well for you!

Jen117 - Sorry the kids were not Mother's day perfect. My nephew certainly fit in that category. EVen though other family members really tried to keep peace to help SIL out, I'm afraid she did not get much of a Mother's day brea either. :grouphug: Sorry about dh's knee! :wizard:

OK, I made it less than a half mile before teh nerve hurt. I stuck it out fo ra full mile, though. :sad2: My MIL implied that I should pck up teh ol' runnign shoes, as I've given it the old college try." Ugh! :rolleyes: I have the DO appt this week adn wil hopefully get my orthodics. Unitl then, I'm going to cross train adn do my new exercises and hope for the best.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I love that medal display. Certainly something to be proud of.
I did my first run/walk on the treadmill and it felt great. I can't wait to get faster and have more endurance.
Have a great day! :goodvibes

Jen

Welcome PatsFan Jen!!! (Knew i forgot something in my first post.)

Stephanie - Huge congrats on teh 5K!!!!! great job!!!!

Since everyone is mad at me, to make up I propose the Optimator bash at the WDW Marathon weekend. Following Colleen's recommendation for Marine Corp, I will host a soiree in Mike's honor, anyplace he likes, as many drinks as he likes, plus food to sop up the drinks. Everyone is welcome, but it's my treat for all the drink and food consumed by our favorite comic, the Optimator.

I hoped to see Mike's name on the list for the Tower of Terror run in October since I've never met him. It appears I'll have to wait until January, and that works fine.

So Mike, think about it and pick a time and place. I'm sure a few of us would like to toast the Optimator.

Thanks Christa, I am pretty brain dead. The last bit of grading will be done tonight and the semester ends. Unfortunately there is zero recovery time as my mother arrives Tuesday afternoon, and will be here 5 days. To put it delicately she drives me absolutely crazy, so I'll still be under stress until she gets on a plane and goes home Sunday.

So Carrie, am I still in the club?

Craig

NOt htat I really have any control, but of course you are!!!! We just can't let it go when our favorite scholar and man of wisdom slips up, though, can we? ;) OK, I can't. Probably for the same reason you tried to kick MIke out. ;) Sheer jealousy. :p

Good morning!

Carrie- Hope you're feeling better. Don't pack those shoes away just yet!

Christa-:wizard: for DD. Those reactions can be so scary for everyone.

Angie- Hope you get some relief for your back.

Kristi-Love your decorations!

Minnie- I like the 'why not' attitude!!! Congratulations!

Mel- Hope the work week goes fast.

Christa- I ordered the same skirt. I hope they're as good as they say.

Jen (Patsfan)- Welcome!:yay:

Jen (with naughty kids)- Mine were the same way yesterday. Fortunately for me DH ran interference so I still had a great Mother's Day!

Craig- Maybe if you didn't expend so much glucose working all the math in your head while you're running you could pick up your pace!

Martha- :cheer2: for signing up for the marathon!:cheer2:

Dana, Bill and others in the smoky areas- I'll do a rain dance for you guys!:dance3:

Tiberius- great job on the run!

Andrew- Best WISHes for the first marathon!!!

I had a great Mother's Day long run yesterday. 9 miles at 1:36. Heading to Sedona this week for my brother's wedding. Won't get much running done but expect some hiking around the Canyon.

Kiena

Patsfaninpa: Welcome!

Kristi: LOVE the way you display your medals! I could do that, but right now I have only ONE!

Angie: sorry about your back pain. Been there; done that....not fun. Sending pixie dust your way.

Total drive by post - got my 5 miler in on Saturday in 58:45 (11:45/mi). That was my first run since the Minnie on Sunday. Now I officially start in (part way through) Hal Higdon's half marathon plan for the Calgary half marathon in July. Then capped Saturday off with a 60 minute massage (ahh, it felt so good for the legs), then watched Spiderman 3 on the IMAX screen. It was really neat, with the movie being that much bigger you could see Tobey Maguire's contact lenses! Sunday we took mom for a great breakfast brunch at the Sheraton.

Crazy busy work day so I'll catch up with everyone later!

Good morning Team -

I have a wicked head cold, so I'm more crabby and miserable than I usually am when I'm at work. :sick: But the good thing is, people are leaving me alone. Cough cough. I can't ach-ooo! imagine cough why. :rolleyes:

I practiced my Memorial Day 5K on Saturday. It was very disappointing. After a week at WDW, I feel like I gained a lot of weight. By now, I have lost the few pounds I did gain, and then some, but I still felt like a slug. Plus it doesn't help that this course is one hill after another. Charlie says he feels like a nanny goat running this course. Naturally, by the time I was done he was already back at the car, fully cooled down, stretched and on his way to an egg and cheese sandwich. :rolleyes1

Other than that I have no training to report.

But before I go in search of tissues....

Kristi - "rod worthy" :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Morning everyone!!

Thanks to everyone for the big "Welcome Back!"

Dave-- You really should jump over the lake and visit Toronto sometime. Great place, great people, tons of stuff to do. Tons of stuff to do with the kids too. I'm a big city guy at heart, so I always really enjoy visiting.

Martha-- WTG on registering for the full!!! You'll do great!

Jen-- :welcome:

Kristi-- Now I feel inferior... what with my one measly medal and all.... :sad1: ;)

I've decided to use Hal Higdon's Novice II plan for the Waterfront, which is nice since, as an 18 week program, it buys me another couple of weeks of "training to train." After Waterfront, I figure I'll take a week off and jump into Higdon's Intermediate II program to prep for the Goofy. This may or may not have me doing my final 20 miler on Deck 4 of the Disney Magic, as I can't seem to count weeks properly, but no one ever said this wasn't supposed to be an adventure.

I finaly got back in the groove of getting runs in the week... sort of...

Saturday 5/12: 4 miles in 36:07-- 9:09/mile pace. :cool1:
Sunday 5/13: 4 miles in 38:50-- 9:43/mile pace. Much less :cool1:
Monday 5/14: 3 miles in 29:42-- 9:55/mile pace. :headache:

Not too shabby really... I was very happy with Saturday's run. Sunday felt like I could never really "find my pace" if you know what I mean... just sort of hung in there. This morning was bad.... just really tough to get moving. I know that a lot of that is my doing.. not getting water in beforehand, not waking up enough before I headed out, etc. Guess I need to go back to Marathon Training 101 after all this time off. :)

Happy training all!
Kevin :earsboy:

Since everyone is mad at me, to make up I propose the Optimator bash at the WDW Marathon weekend. Following Colleen's recommendation for Marine Corp, I will host a soiree in Mike's honor, anyplace he likes, as many drinks as he likes, plus food to sop up the drinks. Everyone is welcome, but it's my treat for all the drink and food consumed by our favorite comic, the Optimator.

I hoped to see Mike's name on the list for the Tower of Terror run in October since I've never met him. It appears I'll have to wait until January, and that works fine.

So Mike, think about it and pick a time and place. I'm sure a few of us would like to toast the Optimator.

Thanks Christa, I am pretty brain dead. The last bit of grading will be done tonight and the semester ends. Unfortunately there is zero recovery time as my mother arrives Tuesday afternoon, and will be here 5 days. To put it delicately she drives me absolutely crazy, so I'll still be under stress until she gets on a plane and goes home Sunday.

Craig

So now the ploy is to get Mike properly toasted and maybe his pace will slow down a little. ;)

You mean professors actually grade papers. I always thought they waited until the last minute and randomly put numbers on the top so that the final grade they gave you at the beginning of the semester was justified. :lmao: Although there was always that correction factor that made a 45 average turn into an A.

As for the mother, you could always tell her you have to go for a training run and then run to the local hotel or do a Dean Karnazes and run around Mass. for a week or so. :rolleyes1

Bill

Hi guys! Hope all the moms had a great Mother's Day!

I started week 6 of 13 yesterday. I increased my running from 3 minutes to 5 and did OK. I had to run 5 / walk 1 for 48 minutes. I can't believe I ran for 40 minutes with only 8 minutes of walking throughout! I guess these programs really do work. ;)

Oddly, my pace was lower than it has been... I don't understand how I can be running more and walking less, but my pace is slower? I guess I was a fast walker. :confused3 I ended up going 3.88 miles at an average pace of 12:28. It was really humid out so maybe I was in slow mo. :rolleyes1

Today my DD9 was supposed to go to the GA Aquarium on a field trip and she got sick right as they were getting on the bus. She is home and hasn't gotten sick again, but has been crying all morning. I really feel bad for her that she missed that field trip. She was very excited. They were doing a behind the scenes tour.

Shan - I hate to say this, but it's by no means uncommon that you reach a point wher adding runnign slows you down. You have to decide what' smore important to you. Pace orpercent run? Whe chose to do all run, but accept that the pace does go down. You'll have to decide for yourself. OCngrats aon the amount of run, though!

Craig

Where do I sign up?:surfweb:

Oh and Craig, we are not mad you! :flower3: You need to stick around so DH and I can wine and dine with you and Martha for Boston 08. (Why are all my posts about eating and drinking??):drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter