Wk of May 13--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TriMom TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Hey everyone!

Started my training for CDC today. I did 5K in 36:53 for an 11:53 pace. Glad the Minnie was last weekend...we had 81% humidity and all the haze from the wildfire smoke today. My goal is to finish the half under 2:36 and get better about cross-training so I can go strong into training for the full.

Lily...great photos! Do you run in a park?

Christa...great pace! Good luck with your ultra!

Jackie...let us know how the Galloway program works out!

Dave...great pictures! Love the idea of medals for your girls :love: DH had a trophy made for me for completing my first half in 2006.

Dana...excellent pace! Great to see you back! How's the smoke up there...you've got that big fire in Bradford County to deal with.

Colleen...glad to see you survived the Girl Scout weekend! That's serious cross-training!

Stacey...great pace! Wax on, wax off...definitely XT!

Duane...welcome back! How's the knee?

Dona...I don't know if it has anything to do with 'newness'. Might try the tech support board for help.

eeyore...I just downloaded some new music, too. My lastest 'keep you moving' favorite is Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters.

Shan...I think we all have doubts some time. Looks like your pace is improving very well!

Kevin...welcome back! Can we just push you over the fence so you'll come for CDC?

Angie...congrats on everything last weekend! What's up next for you?

Minnie...congratulations on your graduation! How's your leg?

jeanne...great photo of you and Nancy!

Martha...that's some elevation! I love your finish photo for the Minnie!

One more work week for us then vacation! We may have just decided to add a Disney weekend before we head up to North Carolina. We didn't go into any parks last weekend and feel a little unfulfilled ;) Kaley has 8th grade graduation on the 21st, then she's heading off to high school! Her audition for marching band is on the 15th!

Good training week everyone!

One more work week for us then vacation! We may have just decided to add a Disney weekend before we head up to North Carolina. We didn't go into any parks last weekend and feel a little unfulfilled ;) Kaley has 8th grade graduation on the 21st, then she's heading off to high school! Her audition for marching band is on the 15th!

Good training week everyone!

Where are you going in NC...if you don't mind me asking? WTG on your CDC training!:yay:

I just bought a Marathon Girl Running skirt!:banana: They are having that sale and I got it for $26....I also used the WISH discount!:banana: I think it is last years one, but thats OK. I cannot wait to tri it out...Ha Ha!:lmao:

OK can you tell I cannot sleep! I will regret this staying up late tomorrow.:headache:

Where are you going in NC...if you don't mind me asking? WTG on your CDC training!:yay:

Bryson City...somewhere near Asheville. We got a cabin!

Happy Mother's Day to all our WISH team moms!

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Moms out there on our WISH team. I know we have a lot of great moms out there, so enjoy your day. Here we have a brunch planned at 11:00a, and then the Ringling Bros. Circus is in town so we're all going to that.

Kevin- We're glad to see you posting again. Congratulations on finishing your semester and your sports job. I'm really impressed with your freelance writing job. That's fantastic. Good luck with it. I really need to get to Toronto sometime. I've never been, and we're so close here in Rochester. It's just across the pond.

Dana- Wow, 8:41 mpm average pace for 3 miles! That's awesome. Boy, our team is getting fast.

Lily- Thanks for the pictures from your nature trek. That looks gorgeous. Where were you?

Colleen- Whoa, that weekend with the Girl Scouts sounds soooo draining. Good for you for going though. DD9 princess: has a "camporee" with her troop over Memorial Day weekend. She asked if I could go with her. The permission slip said Dads could come, but would have to sleep in the kitchen. I declined - I didn't relish the idea of being the only Dad among the group of 8 and 9 year olds.

Stephanie- Congratulations on your awesome 5K! That is fantastic! Sub 8 mpm the whole way. You are smokin!

Christa- I'm impressed you can do 16 miles after doing 9 the day before. That's awesome girl! I want to try to work on boosting my weekly mileage some too. I seem to average 20-25 miles/week, and I'd like to get up to 30 before I start the full marathon training.

Hey all... just wanted to pop in quickly. My girls gave me my Mothers Day gifts, which included chocolate. Aren't they sweet! Yesterday I went out for my 8 mile run, last one before my 1/2 next weekend. I wanted to just get it done so I didn't have to do it today. I wasn't properly fueled (MC D's is not a good choice!!)... but my foot felt great and I did my 8 miles in the sun with an average pace of 13:04. Much faster than I have in the last month with all my foot problems. I would have been faster, but when I took my 1/2 way Gel break, I walked a little longer than I normally would.

Mel - Great 5K! You are doing awesome. I am not sure I will be able to keep up with you at WDW or CDC!!

Krista - You will be so cute in that skirt. I may consider getting one since everyone has said they don't ride up much. I hate it when my shorts get in bunchy!!!

Dave - Have fun at the Circus!! We have Circus World here in Wisconsin. It is the original summer home for the Ring Bros Circus. It's pretty cool to see all the historical circus things!!

I don't know if I mentioned this, but DH fell last week and injured his good knee very bad. He goes in for an MRI on Wednesday, the doctor said it didn't feel good. I think it may require surgery. He has had knee problems for quite some time, but this fall (twice he fell), really put it over the edge. So no running for him for quite some time.

HAVE A GREAT MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!

Well, I did it. During a vulnerable moment ( ;) ), DH asked me to register for the full marathon so I did. Dear God, what have I done!?! I have no idea how I will EVER do this. Training for the 1/2 was hard enough. Now I'm training for the full! :scared1: Any advice will be greatly welcomed!

Speaking of which, today will be the first LR since the Minnie last weekend. I did a short run with my trainer on Thursday and I walked 4 miles at a 5% incline (ok, so that was up and down between 3% and 5% but work with me here). Today I'll do a long run.

Mel: add that weekend at WDW before heading north! You wanna do it, ya know you do....

Jen: so sorry to hear about DH! Here's some pixiedust: that it isn't as bad as the doc thinks it is. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Dave: I do hope everyone has fun at the circus. Here, the circus is always our house!

Christa: hope you got some sleep and post a picture in your new running skirt!

Happy Mother's Day to all our Moms out there! Also to all our Dads who function in both capacities. Also to those who do all the things a Mom does without actually being a Mom. Oh heck, Happy Mother's Day to everyone!! We all deserve it.

Morning Team! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! I'm headed back to church here in a few to help out in the kids ministry--but unlike Christa I don't get to dress up in a cute little doggie costume!;) And then we're off to buy mulch and plants for out front--gotta count that yard work as cross training.

DH had finally agreed with me that planning to run RFTT the weekend after a marathon isn't such a great idea. So he's on the other computer right now planning a hotel stay for the Akron marathon. We've got our 18 week training plan ready to go--got a couple of weeks before we get serious again--and then, if I've figured right after Akron we'll be in week 4 of training for WDW--so we should be good. I'm gonna take Akron easy so I can try to keepup with that sub-4 hour group in Jan!

Christa--Please don't tempt me with that great skirt price!

Jen--Oh no on your DH's knee!:wizard: PD to him that he doesn't need surgery

Mel--Have a great time in NC and WDW!!

Martha--Woohoo on signing up for the full!:banana: And advice?? Just be consistent with training, those mid-week runs really help! And speedwork really works-but you know that already!

DH has been great letting me sleep in this am and dealing with the crazy kiddos. I guess I should go help out! Have a great Sunday all!:flower1:

Good morning (and Happy Mother's Day) WISHers!

I somehow missed all of last week here (work was brutal!), but will try (or as Christa would say "tri" ) to get back into the swing of things here.

I went went on my longest weekend run in a while, 6.6 miles around a big loop of roads and trails in the area. Not too bad, I had been hoping to try (tri) it out for a while. I found myself keeping a faster pace than I expected for this long run, averaging about 13:25 per mile which is about 10 seconds less than my 1/2M race pace a few months back. Something must be working for me!

Have a good week everyone!

Good afternoon everyone!! Just wanted to pop in and say .......

md003.gif

Mel - The smoke up here has been a real pain. I have skipped quite a few runs here lately because I just didn't think it was worth the risk of inhaling all the smoke. We had weeks of smoke filled skies from the fires in Georgia too. I wish we could just get a few good days of rain to make it all better.

Dave - My pace really improved while I was running with my husband. He was doing the Couch to 5k and was so much faster than me. Unfortunately, he has decided not to do the running thing right now. Can't say that I blame him, doing irrigation, he works outside in this heat all day. The last thing he wants to do is come home and go back out in it to sweat some more!! I definately appreciated the kick in the butt my pace got while running with him though!!

Jen - Tell DH I hope he gets feeling better soon!! OUCH!!

Dana

Hi I am Jen and I just signed up for the Disney world half. If you have room for one more, I would like to join your group. I am in the middle of reading Marathoning for Mortals and will be following the run/walk program. I live in NE PA with my family and am looking forward to hearing about training from others. So far I have only run a 5 K last October.

Jen :goodvibes

Important stuff first:

Cam and Krista, congratulations on your health news. It's got to be a real spread your feathers like a peacock feeling to get great news like that.

And now for the fun and darn near as important stuff:

Dave and Steve - great work going sub-2 for the half. You both inspired me today, and I'll keep you waiting until later for that.

Christa - also great work going sub-2:30 for your half. Without calculating that looks like an 11:15 pace or so, you should be proud of that one.

Stephanie - also also great work getting near 24 for your 5K. I suspect with a few weeks of sharpening speed work you could shatter that mark, if that's one of your goals for the year.

Mike - I hate you. Your both funnier and faster than I am. If we had a vote to be in this fraternity I'd keep you out. To get 3:40 or so on a first marathon is quite amazing. And you say you did a fair amount of walking in the last 6, so you must have had a remarkable 20 mile split. I have the same comments as you about those last 6 miles. Someday I'd actually like to run every step from 20 to 26.22, and know what it actually feels like.

It was lovely and pretty cool earlier today, so I hit the high school track planning to run 10,550 meters, 1/2 of a half. But as Steve has commented, every time I step onto that thing I'm taken back to an earlier time, causing irrational love of speed. Today was no different, but at least I'm predictable.

I wanted about 58 minutes for the distance, about 9 minutes per mile. I go through mile 1 in 8:40, okay, a bit quick, so let's ease off a bit. Mile 2 goes by in 8:11, so apparently something is blocking the brain's instructions to slow down. I hit 5K in 26:02 or 8:22 per mile, but soon after that my body begins to fatigue. It's obvious the 1/2 of half is not going to happen today, so the target is now to carry this pace as long as I can. At the 4 mile point I'm almost blown so I tell myself just 200 meters more, and do that 8 times. I finish 5 miles in 41:35, 8:19 per mile. I have to be pleased with the time and pace, as I suspect I haven't done 5 miles that fast in many years. Then my brain calculates and tells me that if I wasn't such a wimp I could have hit 6 in 50 minutes, 10K in 52, and today's desired 1/2 the half in 54:40. My body replies that I ran 5 miles at that pace because I couldn't do 5.01.

I'm still hanging onto the idea of a sub-4:30 WDW Marathon, a 10:20 pace. It is reassuring to know that's 2 minutes per mile slower than today's exercise, but I need to start to push the distance out.

Sorry I've been missing, but the last 2 weeks of this semester have been a blur of long and high intensity days. I'll have the last of the grades in on Tuesday, just before we have a house full of people for Lesley's graduation on Saturday. I'll try to be more "here" in the next week.

And finally, Happy Mothers' Day to the ladies, particularly the one who gave me a daughter to take to a soccer match in London :love: . No job in the world is more difficult, more important, and more rewarding, Live it up today, you deserve it.

Craig

It is amazing how far behind you can get in just a week. Training wise, due to fires and schedules, I took last week off for a recovery week. It felt nice but I think I am ready to start training again. I guess I will have to find a race to work towards.

We did go to Disney yesterday, mainly for Billy's Birthday, but went to the Danskin Tri expo. We talked to the Disney sports guy and got all sorts of information. First, the TOT race medal prototype is built and being shown to the staff. They are trying to figure out what words and where to put them and then it will be done. There is still a slim possibility that the medals will be different between the two races. They also have a nice one page flyer made up for the race that looks explains the race. They are also debait between glow in the dark lettering or trying to find glow in the dark shirts if they make them. I guess that is still something they are working on.

Next, the family 5k race theme has been decided for January. It will be based on a kids movie that is coming out this year. I looked and I think there are three possibilities. It won't be like last year with a dual sided medal, at least at this point.

Last, we asked about Minnie Marathon. He said there probably won't be a 15K and it will most likely be a half marathon. They don't know about a medal but they may keep a Minnie style for it. This also won't affect Donald in any way in January. He was talking about combining several events into one weekend so they don't tie up traffic to many weekends. He didn't mention what would be combined but made it sound like it would be a big race weekend.

I better go now and get ready for the Mothers day dinner. I am slowly catching up on everyone this week and will try to do better at posting this week.

Bill

Happy Mothers Day!!

Mel - Thanks for the Happy Nurses Week post the other day! Great job on the 5K...your training is starting off really well!
Craig - Great job on the track!
Martha - Congrats on the Full registration! Your going to do great!
Jen - Great job on the run yesterday! Hope your husbands knee is not as bad as they are making it sound.
Bill - Sounds Cool!:cool1: Thanks for the inside info.

Working today, but have a nice break in the action to catch up on the DIS!
Took a rest day on Thursday, and Friday night after work dealt with a sick child until late. Yesterday was a better day, so I was able to get in a short 2 mile run after work. Turned my ankle coming off of a curb, walked a few steps, and kept running. This morning, it was just mildily sore, so I don't think I did anything to actually injure it. I start my journey this week (training: physically and mentally) towards my very first marathon in September. WISH me luck!

Happy Training!

Jen - A great big WELCOME to the group! You will LOVE it here!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOMS!

Craig - I think you got the Krista's/Christa's mixed up.....Krista...not me, just got the sub 2:30 and Christa...me, got good health news...But thanks anyway!;) And WTG on the run! You were flying!

Oh Yikes, this group now has as many Jen's as it does Krista/Christa/Kristi's. This is getting confusing!!!!

Jen, From one Jen to another---WELCOME

Bill, thanks for the update.

Craig, way to fly on those 5 miles!!!!

Am I the only mother that is dealing with incredibly naughty kids today. It's like they are trying extra hard to get me riled up on my special day! Too bad the weather is rainy and cold... otherwise I would have left to go running for no reason!!

I'm back. I posted this on the weightloss thread but wanted to post it here as well......

Graduation was beyond awesome and inspiring. The keynote speaker was a graduate of the college and a retired military leader. He made a statement that really stayed with me...

"Anything is possible with a why not attitude!" I'm going to carry those words with me and remember it when times are difficult. I'm hoping that when I question what is possible I remember to respond with why not!

Martha - Thank you for the kind words. I hope Leslie enjoys her graduation as much as I did mine. It is such an awesome day :cloud9:

Mel - My hip/leg is still giving me problems. As the drive was so long it really agrevated the problem. Thanks for asking though :hug:

WISHing everyone the best :wizard:

OOPS! My apologies for confusing the 2 ladies.

Christa is the evil queen. She lives in North Carolina and is wicked fast, pumping out a 4:12 on the hottest WDW Marathon Day ever. I've never met this lady in person, and if I ever see her on the course I'll have to use dirty racing tricks to stay in front of her. Of course she's so much faster than me I would have to start in front of her and watch carefully for her when she flew by me.

Krista is the Steelers fan who lives in Cincinnati with her spouse Steve and her black lab Hines Ward. She went sub-2:30 at the Flying Pig, a great effort on a hilly course. I met her and Steve many times this past January, at the expo, on Sunset Boulevard on the Tuesday or Wednesday after this year's race, and other places I'm sure.

It's the end of the semester. I'm tired, I'm old, I'm fatigued, and my RAM is full. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Best to all.

Craig

Since I am not worthy of posting on this thread lately :rolleyes1, I came up with an excuse to post! :rotfl:

Awhile ago, Chad & I hung up curtain rods in our bedroom to hang our medals from (thanks for the idea Wendy!).

Chad's Medals:
Chad_Medals.jpg

My Medals (& running hat signed by 2 of the Goo Goo Dolls - one of which is an ultra runner, therefore rod-worthy):
Kristi_Medals.jpg

I don't think I've done too shabby in one year - Minnie 15k '06 to Minnie 15k '07, incl. 3 half marathons.

And can I just say, the plastic/rubber 5k Disney medals are ugly!

Christa - I am sorry I missed somewhere along the way that your health scare thing-a-ma-bob was good news - yay!!!

Hello Everyone-

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Probably the best one I have had in a LOOOOOOONG time. DH was on duty but spent a VERY relaxing day at the beach thoroughly enjoying my kids. :banana: It still feels wierd to be done.

To answer your question Mel we are moving into a new house in about a month a real step up for us. :cool1: All that studying finally paid off.

I'm turning to you guys again for a little encouragement - I have mentioned on and off back problems and going to the chiropracter, but it has really come to a head. My back is BAD!! After my great race last week, I just can't push myself anymore and I am so frustrated.

Basically I have a compressed disc in my back which causes excruciating pain from my lower back all the way down to my ankle (mostly sciatic). It has gotten worse lately. The only thing I can really do is a lot of core exercises and pain alleviation (ice, motrin, etc) It is very frustrating. The worst part is DH has the same thing but worse, his disc is leaking onto his sciatic. (Our chiro thinks it's creepy how much we are alike :confused3 ) DH has already had one epidural shot (after trying many other alternatives) and it is not working so far. For anyone out there who lives with chronic pain (and i know you guys are out there) you know how hard this is. After everything I have accomplished (especially recently) I feel so discouraged - this constant pain is so frustrating and discouraging.
Ok venting over. All that being said, I only ran twice this week and did Body Pump (lifting) once this week. The running is tough with the smoke and humidity problems, but I intend to hit back full force tomorrow.

BTW - Stephanie WTG on 5K :banana: :banana:

Happy Training everyone!!

angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter