Wk of Feb 19--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Mouse Skywalker said:
Judy - I turned 37 last Dec. I'm old enough that I always have to think about it now.

Dave: When in December is your birthday? I'm on the 23rd. Oops, Nevermind.....just caught up on all of the posts. Wow, Christmas Eve - So do people ask you if you get double the presents too?

Judy: I'm 35 - although, don't really feel like it! :thumbsup2

Christa: I love your sense of humor

It looks like I am the 1st one to post today! I gues everyone is out there getting their steps in! Good for you! :thumbsup2 This is what I am doing - :coffee:
Where is Sunny :sunny: ? I have missed you the last few days!
Here are a few pics of the BFH (Big Freak'n Hill) we go up every week. It is LONG AND STEEP! The pics DO NOT do it justice! :rotfl: :eek:
THE BEGINNING OF THE BFH WE CALL CUMBERLAND (Because that is the name of the street :lmao: )
baea3a1d.jpg

Still going up it! AHHHHHHH :scared:
DSC00411.jpg

I told you it was long.... :scared:
DSC00413.jpg

Bree is falling up the hill with style!
DSC00412.jpg

It almost KILLED us today...because we would sprint ahead and take the pics! Bree is DYING! :crazy2:
4a531f18.jpg

And that concludes the 1st BFH we go up during our LRs! YES< THERE'S MORE! :scared: :eek: :crazy2:

I like that :D. :rotfl: How long is that thing??? From your one picture I got a good idea of how steep and long. Thanks for sharing....now I will laugh when I hit my BFHs. Do you get to run down the other side? I always call that my reward for getting up there! I've got two, one is really long (for me) and the other is just really really steep! But the steep one is MUCH easier than the long one. Then I've got a bunch of LFHs (Little Freakin' Hills) that are just annoying!

I would love to run a nice flat course once a week...but unfortunately when you live in a part of the state known as "The Northern Hills" and the High School team is called "The Highlanders"....you're probably gonna' have hills :tongue: . What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?! :thumbsup2

Today is rest day for me...tomorrow is "Long Run" which isn't long at all :rolleyes: (only 2.5 miles at this point).

Amy where in Jersey do you live? I am at exit 105 on the parkway right next to Long Branch. We only have little hills down here but by Sandy Hook there are a lot of hills in Atlantic Highlands.

I did a 2.1 mile walk today on 40 minutes. I even jogged a few times to see if I could do it without hurting my shin. It felt pretty good.

Off to work on costumes for my son's school play. He is only crew but I like to help out. They are doing Evita this year. Tomorrow night I get to see it while we make sure that the costumes are finished. I will get an extra mile in today walking back and forth between the gym where we are doing final checks on the costume and the lobby where the sweatshop moms will be working.

I have to go. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Dona, I am up in North Western NJ....West ****ord/Oak Ridge area :). This summer I'll be at LBI for a few weeks and plan to do a LOT of running there. It's nice AND flat!!! :thumbsup2

Evita is an amazing musical! That should be great. My two DDs are in The Music Man at the high school...they are young but they needed kids so they auditioned. Last year they were in The King and I. VERY exciting...and how wonderful of you to work on costumes :thumbsup2 . Next Saturday I signed my DH up for set construction...he just doesn't know it yet LOL!

Hi, everyone! Christa I love your pix. You and Bree are so way beyond cute to take those pix while running so we can share the experience with you! I am so glad you have each other to run with -- it must be great to train with someone who is close to your pace. It was amazing to do the 1/2 with Rhonda, but on an everyday basis, I don't have someone to train with -- Howard is way too fast and is always working to improve his time.

I thought about all our WISHers training for events that are coming up and I know a lot of people were getting in 8 miles today.

Hey, Amy and Dona -- Are either of you doing the Spring Lake 5 Memorial Day weekend? It is one of those races that fills up almost immediately. If you are interested, you HAVE to register like now on line. I think it is springlake5.org for the website. We could do a mini WISH meet! :cool1:

Glad to report I did 6 today, though not well. Average pace was right around 15. It was only 26 degrees out when we started (Howard had to do 9 for his marathon training. His half marathon is in 4 weeks and his full is in mid June -- I am thinking Disneyland 1/2 is going to be a pleasure for him after that!). Anyway, I had a lot of issues with gravel/cinder in my shoes and stopped 2x to empty them and limped a lot of the rest of the time. Surprisingly there were also all sorts of road hazards -- goose droppings, horse "piles" (ICK!) and lots of "monkey balls" (what are those things really called? Anyway, I just didnt' keep the pace up where I should have but was relieved that my hip didn't hurt while I was wogging (though it is sore now). It felt really good to be outside and doing some real distance again. I still can't fathom doing 26.2 at that pace, but as you all taught me last year, I don't need to be able to do it now. I just need to train to do it when the time comes!

Cam, 6 is awesome. I can't fathom even doing that now LOL!
I would have loved to do the Spring Lake 5K...I was looking at that one in my search for races. But my cousin is getting married that day :goodvibes and my daughters are in the wedding. So that one is definitely out LOL! I'm doing the April 22nd 5K Festival up here in Sparta, NJ. I think it is going to be a hilly run though :scared: .

Cam, are you doing a Half Marathon in the fall? I'm really searching for a half to do as a training run in either September or October? I think the timing will be good for me as I start to hit my longer runs in prepration for the full in January. I would LOVE to do it with a Wish Team.....I think I'd feel more confident. Anyway, if you know of any good races let me know! I think there may be one in early October at the Jersey Shore somewhere. There is also a Philadelphia Half and Full in Sept/Oct timeframe that runs through the historic district which I thought would be cool. And there is definitely the Liberty Waterfront that runs with views of NYC and Statue of Liberty...and it looks like a nice flat course! :thumbsup2 It would be nice to plan an North East training race!

Christa, your pics are so great! I think it's great you have a fellow partner in training on these boards! I'm jealous ;)

Not sure when I last updated on my workout, but I've gone Monday through today for 1.5 hours every day. I'm very proud of myself! I know by race time I will be fit as a fiddle! :) I also joined WW again (got a complimentary membership @ work woo! :woohoo: ). I've been doing really well w/food since January 1st (okay, 2nd LOL) but doing points and writing everything down I think will help me even more. I MUST get under 200 before WDW in May!

Good work everyone! Keep it up! You're all very inspiring to me on my journey to the 1/2! :worship:

Good afternoon everyone!

Carrie-- Yeah, that is strange we've only met in WDW. It's not like we live in some great big city or anything. Then again, I only get out your way during the summer (but I do get out there a lot during the summer). I actually had the exact same thought the other day when your alumni association had a thing out at work.... they can't win with the weather this year-- for football it was the endless November thunderstorm, for basketball it was an ice storm warning. :rolleyes:

Mel-- Let see, you've registered for the half but now find yourself able to put in the training time for the full. Hmm, I think the universe WANTS you to have a 2007 Goofy medal! :teeth:

Christa/Bree-- I would say something really snarky about if you all are that smiley while running then you are not working hard enough... but then I remember your Goofy medals and I will go back to being quiet. ;)

I did get my run in today, 5.00 miles in 47:12 (9:26/mile pace) in some serious wind. I had been feeling like something was missing from my workout plan lately. Turns out it was actually running!

Off to work-
Happy training!
Kevin (Solotraveler) :earsboy:

solotraveler said:
Christa/Bree-- I would say something really snarky about if you all are that smiley while running then you are not working hard enough... but then I remember your Goofy medals and I will go back to being quiet. ;)

I did get my run in today, 5.00 miles in 47:12 (9:26/mile pace) in some serious wind. I had been feeling like something was missing from my workout plan lately. Turns out it was actually running!

Off to work-
Happy training!
Kevin (Solotraveler) :earsboy:
Kevin - No we were not really running that hard Friday. We had fun though. You don't have to be quiet, b/c I ran Goofy at a much slower pace than I am use to. You are SUPER FAST! :cool2: :worship:
I like that :D. How long is that thing??? From your one picture I got a good idea of how steep and long. Thanks for sharing....now I will laugh when I hit my BFHs. Do you get to run down the other side? I always call that my reward for getting up there! I've got two, one is really long (for me) and the other is just really really steep! But the steep one is MUCH easier than the long one. Then I've got a bunch of LFHs (Little Freakin' Hills) that are just annoying!
AmyBeth - Yes there is a down..Here are the pix of that! :rotfl2:
DSC00416.jpg

I told you guys that I took ALOT of pix and I intend to make you look at every one of them! ;)

Hi everyone,

I am feeling much much better today :sunny: Thank you all for all your words of support and the pixie dust shower :goodvibes

Christa/Bree - I love the area that you get to run in even if there are hills. The area seems so pretty. Thanks for the pictures!

Judy - Your skunk story cracked me up. I'm sorry for the mess and smell that you are dealing with though :crazy2: Oh and btw I'm 31 :eek:

I hadn't thought about the Spring Lake 5k. I will have to think about it. That is also my birthday weekend and one of the few weekends that my husband will be home. He is going awayat the end of June with a boy scout trrop to New Mexico. Between the troop going to NM and his regular troop he is never home on weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter