Wk of April 26 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

For anyone interested I wrote a little trip report for the CM Marathon in the existing Country Music thread.

I've redeemed myself from slime back up to slug. I did an hour spin class at lunchtime. ;)

Sunny I love your description of slime vs slug. Perhaps there is a whole evolutionary path we could use to describe our level of activity--how far do we have to go before we get to "cheetah"?

Jennifer You-nervous about a half? You are going to smoke it!

Jeff Yup, I got a BRIC tomorrow, too. But only 10 minutes, not 5 miles! Hope you feel better.

Lily, Mike and all the other CMM'ers hope your recovery week is restful.

Same old, same old for me here. swim, ride, run--now when exactly AM I going to sign up for a tri!

Maura

Sunny - Congrats on the sweet redemption. Now you can aspire to be a vertibrate.

Maura - Do you want me to sign you up for a Tri? Thunder Matt says there's a real nice one in China.

Jennifer - I get one of those "Phantom Pain" runs the week before just about every race. Don't sweat it. You're going to do great.

Frank - Thanks for the race report and the links to the pictures/video.

Jeff - Great work on the ride-n-run.

Krista - Is Steve doing the half or the full?

I got a slightly too quick 7 miles in this afternoon. The plan was for a nice and easy recovery run but the route I ran starts with a nice long gentle downhill. Before you know it the easy run ends up something closer to a tempo run and it's hard to back off.

Maura - Do you want me to sign you up for a Tri? Thunder Matt says there's a real nice one in China.

Mike you are a trouble maker! ;)

Maura-- yes, I aspire to be a cheetah someday. I wonder if I could find a worm hole (get it-- I'm a slug) to skip space and time to get from where I am to where I wanna be!

Good morning, team! Still forecasting rain on Sunday, I better be prepared to get wet!! Life has been crazy with work and Carter and life in general, I haven't been able to get a run in for 2 weeks, I guess my legs will be well rested.

Mike--Stephen is running the full. Stupid question, that I'm sure I already know the answer too, but did you run the full or the half in Nashville? How did you do? How did Kathy do? By the way, you are BAD!

Sunny--What is lower than a slug? Because that is what I am! Great job on the spinning class, those are a workout!

Jennifer--What half are you running?

Lily--I'm glad to hear that you are feeling so good! I am dreading Monday and how my legs and butt will feel, there is a 2.5 mile climb at miles 5.5-8, it levels off for 2 miles and then down hill for a mile and a half. I can already feel my IT bands cramping up. :)

Maura--Yeah, why haven't you signed up for a tri??

Good luck everyone racing this weekend!

Krista

Mike and Maura , Thanks for the confidence boost. This is the first race I've had to taper for so it's making me nervous.

Krista , It's the Providence Willow Tree Half. Part of the Rhode Races in Providence on Sunday.

Sunday's my first half, so the nerves are starting up but in a good way. I'll post the goals on Friday.

I got in 5k this morning in 23:30 (roughly a 7:35 pace). I'll go to pilates and zumba tonight and then that's it as far as workouts until the race on Sunday.

Best,
Jennifer

Hey everyone: Disney just announced a new medal. It's the Disney's Fall Race Challenge Medal for those who run the Race For the Taste 10K and one of the other two Fall Races (Tower of Terror 13K or Expedition Everest 5K Challenge). Watch the video - or at least watch the first 20 seconds of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtMsVxxhbv0

Stupid question, that I'm sure I already know the answer too, but did you run the full or the half in Nashville? How did you do? How did Kathy do?
Krista - One of us got a PR... and it certainly wasn't me. Kathy got another PR inspite of the conditions. :love:

I did run the full. It was my 10th in 1 week shy of 2 years. I'm thinking I may need a 12 step program.:laughing:

I got 6+ miles in this evening. Nothing very exciting, but a decent run.

That wasn't Dave, that was Indiana Jones himself!

LOL, way to go Dave, when will you be signing autographs?

Way to go on the training team. Glad everyone is out being healthy!

I ran 8 1/4 miles, followed by 800 yards of swimming in the ocean. On the return leg, I did some elementary backstroke so I could watch the beautiful sunset dip below the Waianae mountains. What a view it was tonight!

Have a great Aloha Friday everyone.

Kathy got another PR inspite of the conditions. :love:

Kathy--Quit holding out on us! Let's hear all about that PR! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Dave--You look awesome!:thumbsup2

48 hours from now I will be finished with the Pig! Probably soaking wet and having to deal with a cranky 9 month old because he's tired and wet too. But I'll be in the post run glow, so it'll all be good. ;)

Krista

That is really cool, Dave!

Krista-- the slime beneath the slug is lower. I know, I've been there. :lmao:

Jeff, Thanks!

Last post before the race...

No workouts today. We'll leave for Providence tonight and enjoy a date out tomorrow.

This is my first half and my goals for the race are as follow:
My "safety" goal is under 2 hours.
My real goal is 1:50. I did my two 13.5 training runs in 1:50, so definitely realistic. The reason this one isn't faster is I don't know the course and I don't know what the crowds will do to me.
My reach goal (aka the goal-which-must-not-be-named) is 1:45. I've done most of my pace runs at 8 minute/mile, so if I have a good day and get a little adrenaline going it's not out there.

Next time I post, I'll be a half-marathon.

Best,
Jennifer

A couple of really really long/bad weeks at work. Pager duty almost always means I don't get to do much other than pager duty but since I've been going to the gym in the building, that isn't necessarily so true.

BUT... This week...

Sunday 3.5 miles in an hour
Monday 2 miles in 30 min on the gym machine that goes from -1.5% grade to 15% grade (well... that's what I've been doing... it will actually go to 21%) and weights
Tuesday 2 miles on gym machine
Wednesday I managed to not go anywhere or do anything
Thursday 3.5 miles in an hour
Friday 3.5 miles in an hour
Saturday 8 miles in just about 2.5 hours (and cut the grass with a push mower)

I have decided to start doing a monthly 5k (http://www.runtex.com/web/2-2512.asp) that is $1 to run and you don't get anything but the chance to run and get timed.

:yay:
ajw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter