Wizards - Oct patch in place

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
From their website

You may have noticed you patched this morning! Surprise!
Welcome to our very first Hallowe'en celebration here at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts!

8ad6a4041cbe61f1011ce8414ea10e9e.gif
I'd like to introduce you to Jack Hallow. He is a newcomer to Wizard City, and he's just here for a few weeks so be sure to talk to him the next time you come to school. You can find him in the Ravenwood Commons.

He'll send you on many new adventures, throughout all the different areas of Wizard City. Free to Play players can participate in most of these new adventures, while subscribers can complete the entire story, if they prove their strength!

There are lots of Hallowe'en decorations, bubbling cauldrons, apple tubs, pumpkins and ghosts and surprises all over Wizard City. But beware, a new boss is waiting to test your skills!

Be sure to visit Sven Stonebreaker, the Wands Shopkeeper in Wizard City Shopping District for a special limited edition wand which you can purchase with gold. While you're in the Shopping District, visit the travelling salesghoul, Spooky Bob to see all his new Hallowe'en Crowns items.

Pet Renaming!
8ad6a4041cbe61f1011ce8436baa0eaa.jpg
If you're not happy with your pet's name, you can now choose a new name by going to the Dye Shop. You will see a new icon there that will instruct you on how to rename your pet, for a small gold fee.

Return to Dorm
8ad6a4041cbe61f1011ce8436bbb0ead.jpg
You'll find a new button on your map, that will take you to your Dorm room. Use this button whenever you find yourself in an area you do not know how to leave. This is also a quick way to drop items in your storage and get back to the dueling!

Dismiss Tooltip
When a ToolTip appears, if you do not want to read it, you can now Right Click the ToolTip to dismiss it. Beware though; your teachers may have something important to tell you!

Show Names on Mouseover
If you have your "Show Names" view set to "Non-Players" you can still move your cursor over someone to see their name appear above their head! If you have your "Show Names" view set to none, you can still move your cursor over other players, shopkeepers and residents, as well as creatures to see their name and title.

Auto Add New Spells
New spells you earn through training will be automatically added to your spellbook. New spells you receive through quests will still need to be added manually.

Available Treasure Cards
Treasure cards that are unavailable to purchase will have their icons grayed out. If you do not have enough gold to purchase a card, it will be the color grey in the library.

In other news:
-Treasure cards that are unavailable to purchase will have their icons grayed out. If you do not have enough gold to purchase a card, it will be the color grey in the library.
-Purchases made in game with Crowns, either at Zeke or Spooky Bob will now ask you to Confirm your purchase.
-Marleybone's Hat Shopkeeper is now named "Houghe Warner"
-There is no longer a level 30 restriction to get the quest "Welcome to Moo Shu?", but you still have to complete the quest named "Moo Shu" first!
-"Eyus, Conqueror" quest now offers the "Helm of Dependability" as a reward
-Ahnic Striders no longer use Natural Attacks that are stronger if they spend more pips on them.
-Forgotten Djeserit Souls now count for defeats during 'Restless Souls' quest. Lydia Greyrose
Ice Professor

A big thanks to Wizard 101 for allowing all players to enjoy the festivities. :goodvibes

There's something to suit everyone from the smallest trick-or-treater to brave folks looking for some awesome challenges!

I must have gotten in the game last night just after the update. It's really cute! I did all of the little quests. You get treasure cards for most of them, so those of us who were hoping for an opportunity to get more XP, fuggedaboutit! LOL!

Aside from that, it adds great holiday atmosphere! I hope they do Christmas!

I was a little disappointed with the decorations.... I thought they were going to completely transform Wizard City like VMK did with main street. Though, I wont be so critical since they just opened not too long ago and are probably working on other things, I felt like they just created 5 or 6 room items and slaped them up in the game. I will set my expectations a little higher next year however.

I was a little disappointed with the decorations.... I thought they were going to completely transform Wizard City like VMK did with main street. Though, I wont be so critical since they just opened not too long ago and are probably working on other things, I felt like they just created 5 or 6 room items and slaped them up in the game. I will set my expectations a little higher next year however.

I thought the decorations were great! The signage that was placed around WC looked cartoonish and hand drawn, much like the map we use. The pumpkins and cauldrons are cute and the ghosts are everywhere. Just keep reminding yourself that vmk was designed to imitate Disneyland, and I don't think many can duplicate that. Wizard has a children's illustrated book feel to it and I think they stayed within that feel. I was, however, disappointed in the items for sale. The Ninja costume is unique, but the witch costume didn't really make me go, "wow!"
Now if they can just fix the bugs that won't let me complete the first tower of Ravenwood, I'll be a happy wizard.

Now if they can just fix the bugs that won't let me complete the first tower of Ravenwood, I'll be a happy wizard.
What bugs are those, Mims?

Speaking of the Ravenwood towers, does anyone know what you're supposed to get in the second (adept) tower after catching the blue wisps? Nothing showed up for me after doing it, and no message. (In the first tower, you just opened a chest for gold after catching them.)

By the way, I am one happy camper with some of the drops in these towers! My Level 15 Wizard-City-bound Life wizard received some Level 15 Egyptian-style clothing; items that would normally only be available in Krok. I always liked these and was missing them after the wipe.

Oh, and where does that skull head costume I've been seeing come from? I assume it's a prize from one of the subscriber quests.

I also picked up a nice 240 life robe during my second run through yesterday.
And, I also want to know about that other halloween outfit. ;)
Kim

Oh, and where does that skull head costume I've been seeing come from? I assume it's a prize from one of the subscriber quests.

Spooky Bob is selling the skull head costume and various other halloween themed items. He is located in the shopping district by the fountain (turn left after entering from the commons) however all items can only be purchased with crowns.

What bugs are those, Mims?

Speaking of the Ravenwood towers, does anyone know what you're supposed to get in the second (adept) tower after catching the blue wisps? Nothing showed up for me after doing it, and no message. (In the first tower, you just opened a chest for gold after catching them.)

By the way, I am one happy camper with some of the drops in these towers! My Level 15 Wizard-City-bound Life wizard received some Level 15 Egyptian-style clothing; items that would normally only be available in Krok. I always liked these and was missing them after the wipe.

Heya, Alice! Bugs...well, the main monster isn't in a battle spot, he's standing somewhere in the middle of the battle circle, so he has to be fought separately from the other two. I'm also not getting a message that the level was completed, nor is the final gate opening. I'm assuming these are bugs? I've redone the first tower twice, same results.
Woot on the drops! I had most of the Krok items but they do sell for a bit more than the WC items. Oh, and I'm thinking the skull head is only available for boys, because I didn't see it, either. :confused3
One more thing I've been coming across. Non-subscribers asking for help in the towers, then hanging back until the battle is almost over before joining the circle. There really is no need for that, no matter how small your health/mana is. I will always be in the lead position to take the hits, but it sure would be nice to have some shields or blades thrown my way to help me stay alive longer!

I thought the decorations were great! The signage that was placed around WC looked cartoonish and hand drawn, much like the map we use. The pumpkins and cauldrons are cute and the ghosts are everywhere. Just keep reminding yourself that vmk was designed to imitate Disneyland, and I don't think many can duplicate that. Wizard has a children's illustrated book feel to it and I think they stayed within that feel. I was, however, disappointed in the items for sale. The Ninja costume is unique, but the witch costume didn't really make me go, "wow!"

The decorations were fine by all means! But what I'm saying is there could have been more, you know? Like they could have made the sky dark, and made the buildings and ground darker, they also could have colored the water green and made rainbow bridge dark and scary. Also put dead trees to replace the living ones. And maybe added at least a pumpkin lamp or two. What would have been even more fun was they could have added a building that lead to a corn maze that you would find lots of goodies at random in the maze.

Not sure, but the lollipop wand in the shopping district in the wand shop should be bought by anyone. It is bought with gold, not crowns.

Kim

I think the decor is just perfect - better than I had hoped for! And the fun and easy quests are great, especially for non-subscribers, who sometimes get left out!

That being said, I paid 1000 to get two new names for my baby abbeys - and got the new names, then when i relogged on, the names were gone and they were baby abbey again!

I sent in a support ticket - but remember, if you pay for a new name you may just lose your gold (this is available in the dye shop for gold, not crowns)

Spooky Bob is selling the skull head costume and various other halloween themed items. He is located in the shopping district by the fountain (turn left after entering from the commons) however all items can only be purchased with crowns.
Oh, and I'm thinking the skull head is only available for boys, because I didn't see it, either. :confused3
Right; I already checked and double checked with Spooky Bob, and it's not there. I bet that means the witch costume is only available for girl characters, too.
Bugs...well, the main monster isn't in a battle spot, he's standing somewhere in the middle of the battle circle, so he has to be fought separately from the other two. I'm also not getting a message that the level was completed, nor is the final gate opening. I'm assuming these are bugs? I've redone the first tower twice, same results.
I have not had that problem, however as for any indication that the tower tasks have been completed, I don't believe there's anything other than receiving the Black Cat treasure card.

The only think I saw on my nephew's person was the Piggy costume.
I didn't see a skull costume.
Oo

I don't see a witch or a skeleton costume, all I see is the Ninja Pig.

Where are the other costumes? Anybody have one?

I have most of the witch outfit, just not the hat. When I bring them up, though I only find it and the ninja outfit on the second page of stuff. Maybe that could be it for some people.:)
Kim

The witch costume was sold as hat, robe, shoes labeled "Hallowe'en Hat", etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter