• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Ok the change in the experience points for repeating an instanced level is just wrong.

A lot of times we go back and help our friends through these areas. We should still get experience points every time we repeat these areas.

Everybody needs to post on the wizards home page message boards that we are unhappy with this change.

Sure now that we are paying lets make the game harder?

Who is with me on this?

Fly

Well I posted on their sight. I think that you should get some experience points for having to do the quest again. Like Ironworks

We have done most of it 3 times.

First as a quest. Next to get the cat we forgot and finally to get some sweepers. What a pain to go in and not get anything for the hassle to get 4 sweepers.

Though I do agree they are trying to slow the game down but we should get something for doing the quest again.

First as a quest. Next to get the cat we forgot and finally to get some sweepers. What a pain to go in and not get anything for the hassle to get 4 sweepers.

Though I do agree they are trying to slow the game down but we should get something for doing the quest again.

Cat gave me a good tip about the Sweepers. Abigail Doolittle keeps giving you sweepers to fight. Once I had to get the Golden Ruby from them, but I managed to do it while on the Ironworks quest I had going concurrently.

But later, you get more Sweepers from her, AND from Bill Tanner in Knight's Court. Cat suggested that I do all the Sweepers in Knight's Court, and it worked like a charm for me last night. I got credit for all the Sweepers I needed in three different quests.

Number 2 is sad to see. :sad2: It is really bad in cases where the game actually forces you to do the instance again.
However not a total loss, since you should be getting experience points for the quest you are actually completing there at the time.

Cat gave me a good tip about the Sweepers. Abigail Doolittle keeps giving you sweepers to fight. Once I had to get the Golden Ruby from them, but I managed to do it while on the Ironworks quest I had going concurrently.

But later, you get more Sweepers from her, AND from Bill Tanner in Knight's Court. Cat suggested that I do all the Sweepers in Knight's Court, and it worked like a charm for me last night. I got credit for all the Sweepers I needed in three different quests.
This works in some quests, but not in others (it seems). It seems some quests are just looking for that type of enemy and others need the type to be in a specific area.

Yes but they are saying the 3rd time through you get NO experience points. That is the part I don't like. We should still get something, is all I am saying.

2. Instanced quests have a new dynamic that decreases the amount of experience rewarded after repeating the entire instanced quest. Instanced quests such as Sunken City, Throne Room of Fire, Crimson Fields and other similar instanced quests will be worth 100%XP the first time you complete the quest, 50%XP the second time you complete the quest and 0XP the third time you complete the quest. You will still receive the full experience rewards for the individual duels, and you will still be able to earn badges and items.

The way I intrepret this is that you will get a small amount of experience points for each fight you do within the instanced area, but you won't get the hundreds of experience points you get for completing the quest. I say this based on the last sentence.

I certainly took advantage of the instance exploits in beta, but I know why they took this away. Simply put, the game is designed with a specific progression in mind. People can/will blow that progression by exploiting the instances.

You can agree or disagree with the reason, but that is the reason why they made the change.

Just to clarify,

I am no where near to being maxed out, I am still in Marleybone. I will always help my friends whether I get credit for it or not. I enjoy helping my friends. However, I do spend a lot of time playing alone.

If I choose to do an instanced area a few times to level up, as a paying customer, that should be my perogative. Especially since we were encouraged to do this in the past.

Before the final wipe, I couldn't wait to get home from an awful day of work, so I could jump right in to crimson fields, kill off a few bad guys, get my frustrations out, and earn some nice experience points all at the same time. And that was before I had even finished Mooshu. I dread having to go back through the cave of sorrows...but that is another story.

Marleybone and Mooshu are very tough, (I can only imagine any new areas will be much harder) and added experience to level up, means more health and mana, which is very helpful when you take on these areas alone.

This type of change should of been implemented during beta testing, not after going live.

I am not trying to be greedy or not help anyone who needs it. I am just the type of person that gets pulled into battles very easily and I need all the help I can get! :grouphug:

Fly :hippie:

Is it just me, or is the fizzle in Marleybone worse than ever. My wizard is life/storm, I have over 1600 health, and I'm fizzling over half the time in battle. I have been defeated twice in battles in against two hooligans or a burgler and a hooligan whose combined health is 1050.

hiya ppl
is anyone getting ready to do an Ironworks Run , say maybe this weekend ? i am not able to get in there yet, but it has the only cat that i need to find to finish off that quest for zeke. i've been told it is an instance so i am looking for some help to do it or help you do it. i understand the cat is past pop's o'leary somewhere. so if you can , post here or pm me and we can work out a good time to do it
thanks

I'm just amazed by everyone's progress here. You are the wizards of Wizards! I am still in firecat alley.

I have not purchased anything with my crowns yet. Is it better to wait until maybe level 15? Is there better stuff then? I am trying to budget my crowns and don't want to impulse buy. :confused:

I'm just amazed by everyone's progress here. You are the wizards of Wizards! I am still in firecat alley.

I have not purchased anything with my crowns yet. Is it better to wait until maybe level 15? Is there better stuff then? I am trying to budget my crowns and don't want to impulse buy. :confused:

you could always wait and get better, but let me tell you what I did.

I bought a level 5 boots, then at level 10 I got a levl 10 hat, then at 15 i got a level 15 shirt. Some people are waiting for the big items, but I figure the crowns wont disappear so fast this way and I can take advantage of the items when I really need them, at lower levels :)

Just the way I have been doing it.

Posted on the official Wizard 101 site:

Sept/11/2008
08:59:00 am Subject: You May Not Buy Subscriptions or Crowns Right Now!

ProfessorGreyrose
Administrator

05:25:10 am

Malistaire is trying to prevent you from helping Ambrose and has blocked all purchases!

Until the faculty of Ravenwood can figure out what sort of spell he used, you will not be able to buy subscriptions or crowns! You can still help to save Wizard City by logging in and playing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sept/11/2008 09:58:41 am

RE: Cutting off subscriptions

I saw that and wondered if there's a glitch in their billing systems.

I think it maybe possibly be what Aliceblue pointed out that the discounted price was still available after the end date passed.

I finally finished firecat allley. Why is it that street seems to take forever! I have the quests for Colossus Blvd in my book but Merle has sent me to Krokotopia already. I will do the quest for Colossus to level up but I thought before that I had to do Colossus before I was allowed to go to Krok. Did this happen with everyone else?

PrincessNoelle:

I don't remember in earlier Beta, but I visited Krok before doing Colossus after the last wipe. Here are some suggestions:

- You can go to Krok and talk to the mander in the Krok world teleport room, and he will send you to Talbot. Talbot will then give you your second potion bottle. He will also try and give you another quest, you can either accept or decline (I declined so as to not have it on my quest list, you can accept later).

- Also remember the Secret Shop is there. In it is the mummified deck which is a great purchase (750 gold, I believe). I purchased it, but I had to wait until I was Level 15 to use it (I still have it and I'm at level 27 in Marleybone, which I'm dreading doing - I do not like this place!).

- Also you can purchase other pendants in Krok. I got the Fire Elf pendant, it's great in Colossus (except you only get one card, and Fire is a fizzler). Since you have to battle two bad guys at once, just cast the Fire Elf on one of them then work on the other. During Beta, I got the Ghoul pendant which is also available on Krok, another spell that I really like to use.

Good luck, and Happy Wizarding!

I finally finished firecat allley. Why is it that street seems to take forever! I have the quests for Colossus Blvd in my book but Merle has sent me to Krokotopia already. I will do the quest for Colossus to level up but I thought before that I had to do Colossus before I was allowed to go to Krok. Did this happen with everyone else?

Yes, it was the same for me. I did go take a peek and shop a little, but i completed Colossus before beginning Krok.

You can go see the first Mander to get you second bottle, i might help you in Colossus.

There are a ton of errands you can run in Krok that will earn you a lot of XP before you even fight anyone there. I always do them before returning to finish up Colossus.

Check with Hetch (the purple mander in the Oasis), Za'ane (the librarian), Professor Winthrop (in the Altar of Kings), and the NPCs in the Excavation in the Royal Hall and the Dig Site in the Chamber of Fire. It's a lot of running around, but I think you earn almost a full level of XP without casting a single spell.

I do have one question for the other myth people out there. Right now I'm a level 23. However, I have not run across an ice shield spell yet. Do we get one further up? :)
Kim

I do have one question for the other myth people out there. Right now I'm a level 23. However, I have not run across an ice shield spell yet. Do we get one further up? :)
Kim

I don't think you get shields for those schools because you're part of the Life/Myth/Death shielding trio. I know that I am a Life and Myth combo, and I have the duo shields of Myth/Death and Life/Death from those schools. I think Balance is the school that gets shields from everyone else's school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter