"Witty Western-Fantasy Trip Report Title"... January 5th-12th With Pictures

Just a quick note to tell you how much I'm appreciated your TR! I know it takes some time and it's very much appreciated.

Once back on dry land we tried to find some towels because we had deposited ours earlier in one of the dirty bins. We couldn't find any. As we thought about it we couldn't remember seeing any anywhere on the island so I'm not sure if that was a detail that we missed... but just be careful not to get caught without a towel.

We took the tram back towards the family beaches. We were a little chilly and opted for some beverages to warm up. We had a pina colada and the drink of the day, which I think was a "Sting Ray".

20130111-_MG_8359.jpg

20130111-_MG_8354.jpg

We just sat for a while and enjoyed the views. It's wonderfully scenic. The Fantasy looks beautiful sitting on the horizon.

For some reason in my mind, or because of the pictures that Disney takes, Pelican Plunge seemed like it was really far out in the water, but in reality it's not too far off land.
20130111-_MG_8325.jpg

We eventually decided that we weren't going to get back in the water and we had seen enough for one trip so we thought we'd head back to the ship. We were completely satisfied and content with our trip and ready to pack it in.

20130111-_MG_8360.jpg

We headed straight for the hot tub to warm up. It was nice sitting there watching people heading back to the ship and having their pictures taken with a few characters that were just off the ship.

We needed a snack to hold us over until dinner and were still pretty hungry from not having too much lunch so we headed over to the quick service area, which we were now getting a little tired of.

As we sat there eating we noticed what we assumed was another ship on the horizon. We didn't think much of it at first. It was not uncommon to see other ships out the windows throughout most of the cruise.
We did think it seemed a little strange because it looked like it was coming right at the island.

20130111-_MG_8365.jpg

20130111-IMG_5911.jpg

We started thinking about all the stuff that we still had to do. Pick up a couple of pictures we wanted to buy, put together our tip envelopes, and of course the dreaded packing. We decided to try and bang the packing out. As we were in the room packing we couldn't help but notice that the ship was still heading our way. I pulled out my longest lens and zoomed in all the way. It wasn't just any ship...It wasn't even just any Disney ship...It was unquestionably the Disney Dream, and she was heading right for us.

20130111-_MG_8365-1.jpg

Great TR, MrRay. Your photos are amazing. DW gave me a T3i last week for my birthday. Its my first SLR. I've barely had it out of the box; haven't even powered it on yet, but these pictures have me inspired.

We've been following you since you started your TR. Great job and great pics! We are sailing this itinerary in April, and you've added to the excitement!

How cool that you saw the Dream. Can't wait for more!

We started thinking about all the stuff that we still had to do. Pick up a couple of pictures we wanted to buy, put together our tip envelopes, and of course the dreaded packing.
20130111-_MG_8365-1.jpg

I just started a thread the other day about the last day of the cruise. Sounds familiar!!!

Now we are jumping around the room. We had already had the vacation of our lives and thought it was just about over. And now our sister ship was zooming towards us. Packing got a little more frantic because now there was one other big thing that we had to do. We needed to finish packing quickly so that we could head up to deck to see the Dream.

We ran up to Deck 13 forward as she was still sailing in. Brent made an announcement to anyone who hadn't already noticed.

20130111-_MG_8387.jpg

20130111-_MG_8409.jpg

She sailed right in front of us and then started to do a slow turn like a lady showing off a pretty dress.

20130111-_MG_8456.jpg

The top decks on the Dream were packed and cameras were snapping away. I occasionally popped up the flash on my camera so it gave a little eye candy for the people on the other ship. There were also plenty of crew on our ship on the top decks with their cameras. It was very exciting.

A Short horn battle ensued.

20130111-IMG_5928.jpg

20130111-IMG_5933.jpg

Eventually it was time to say goodbye...
20130111-_MG_8503.jpg

And now we walked back to our room feeling like our vacation was completely victorious.

20130111-IMG_5934.jpg

Next...Could there really be more?...

So the Dream just sailed up to say hello and left? How cool is that for both ships!?!??!?!?! I had read before that often one can be seen by the other at CC, it must be on the route to Nassau.

So the Dream just sailed up to say hello and left? How cool is that for both ships!?!??!?!?! I had read before that often one can be seen by the other at CC, it must be on the route to Nassau.

When we were just hopeful that the ship on the horizon was the Dream we started looking at the book with all the Itineraries and saw that the Dream was unaccounted for 3 nights. We later learned it was a special DVC Member cruise. I can only assume it was a special treat for them.

I don't read trip reports very often but really enjoyed yours. You did a fantastic job... and you guys are so cute together! :thumbsup2

Great trip report! Loved your pictures, especially of the Dream swinging by CC! We will be doing this itinerary in Sept, so reading your TR has gotten me into trip planning mode! :earseek:

After all the excitement we had to really start getting things done. We started by going to order the 3 pictures we wanted to buy.
As you can imagine Shutters is a complete madhouse on the last night, but if you're having pictures taken all the way up to the end it's pretty hard to avoid going at this time.

We also settled our room tab because we were paying for everything with some Disney Rewards cards that we had earned by using the Disney Visa. Just an FYI they start charging your credit card on file after you go over $500 so keep an eye on that.

We headed back to our room to get ready for dinner and low and behold we had caught up to the Dream.

20130111-_MG_8510.jpg

This was a nice treat as you don't really get to see what the ship looks like at night. It's a vibrant jewel in a sea of darkness.

20130111-_MG_8523.jpg

The Dream had slowed down so we could pass and then we just watched her fade away behind us.

We dropped our bags outside and headed to dinner...
IMG_0942.jpg

We had a nice simple dinner in "Royal Court". We knew we would see everyone the next morning so it wasn't completely depressing yet, but we handed off all of our tip envelopes and spent an extra moment thanking the staff for all of their hard work. We had lucked out with a really great team.

Afterwards there was still plenty of action going on around the ship. We wandered around a little but once again we were toast. There was a lot of excitement packed into one day. We made sure that everything was in order and headed off to bed for the last time on the ship. But luckily we had a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge to look forward to.

Next... It's time to leave.

Thanks for the Kyss bag recommendation. We expedited our purchase so we could test drive the bag before our 2014 cruise. Just got back from a mini-vacay to Wisconsin Dells and let me say the Kyss bag was awesome!

Thanks for the Kyss bag recommendation. We expedited our purchase so we could test drive the bag before our 2014 cruise. Just got back from a mini-vacay to Wisconsin Dells and let me say the Kyss bag was awesome!

Awesome, I'm glad it is working out. Ours has been great. Helps give some peace of mind, I still don't ever let my guard down...but you can't watch your bag, or be close to it all the time.

Safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter