"Witty Trip Report Title" 2 --Bigger, Longer, Uncut

Having returned to the ship early we decided to take advantage of the time by packing our bags so it wouldn't be too hectic later. We were taking advantage of on board airline check-in so we had to be a little more careful how we packed because once we went to dinner we wouldn't see our bags again until we returned home.

Dinner was back in Animator's Palate for the animation show.

Our table took the drawing very seriously...

One bit of advice, even though there is an outline of a body you have to actually draw body parts like the head otherwise it will animate as just a floating face, we saw a lot of that.

When we did the Western Caribbean Itinerary last year this dinner fell in the middle of the week. Having it on the last night wasn't my favorite. It's a very structured and hectic meal to keep the service in sync with the show and as a result the menu is simpler and the server's weren't around as much as they usually are.

All in all though it was very fun. The show is really spectacular. 2 of us at our table drew robots and at one point they were dancing side by side in what we had coined the "Robot Dance Off". We particularly enjoyed seeing the characters that were clearly drawn by little children because they were just blobs of color.

It was very entertaining and we felt like stars...

After dinner we went to the Tube to watch a Battle of the Sexes game but there was a large group of people who were way to drunk for it to be entertaining.

We went back to our room exhausted from another fun filled day.

We didn't sleep too great, I never seem to on the last night. Once I open my eyes and see those bright orange lights signaling we are back in Port Canaveral it's usually all over for me. I also couldn't help but turn my phone back on to see what stuff I had to deal with.

We got ourselves cleaned up and made one last trip to the Cove Cafe. We noticed that the adult pool had be drained over night and had been repainted. They really do take amazing care of this ship.

We were back in Animator's Palate for breakfast, I guess that makes 6 times between both cruises actually.

Let's hope so.

We had a leisurely breakfast and then said our goodbyes.

It was a little backed up getting off the ship. There was a long line snaking through the lobby that wasn't really moving. Our flight wasn't until 2 so we weren't too concerned about it. Eventually things picked up and we got through pretty fast.

Oh man we really hope so.

We were two of the last people to board our airport bus so before we knew it we were speeding away from our old friend. We got in our last looks, said goodbye, and settled in for trip down the highway.

As luck would have it we were checked in and through security in record time and then our flight promptly got delayed.

We killed the time having a leisurely lunch.

And Eventually napping.

We were sad to the have to finally leave the sunshine but as our plane sped down the runway we looked out the window feeling very blessed for the amazing 12 days that we had just spent.

I've very much enjoyed reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so glad you had better weather for your week on the Fantasy. I'm curious about your photos of the beach at Serenity Bay. I've read posts here on the DISboards reporting that there was a lot of debris on the beach there, but that wasn't the case at all when DH and I were there in September. I'm wondering whether it has to do with the time of year or is just luck of the draw. Were your photos taken at the main part of SB, or further down? I don't see any lounge chairs in the photos, so I thought it might be further down.

...Almost as much as I hated my 3 night Dream ending. It has not been a week since we disembarked, and it's all my family can think about (mom, dad, sis, and niece). Our biggest regret is that more of our family couldn't take advantage of the last minute Florida resident rate.

I'm so glad that your Fantasy trip made up for the dismal weather on earlier Magic trip. I hope that will be our next trip cuz you really need at least a week to enjoy the ship, service, artwork, food, etc. I'm looking forward to Palo brunch, wine and chocolate, and having time to play midship detective.

Thanks again for sharing your trip. I have enjoyed the report, pictures, and your advice. Hope we'll be see Disney Cruise Lines real, real soon! :goodvibes

I've very much enjoyed reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so glad you had better weather for your week on the Fantasy. I'm curious about your photos of the beach at Serenity Bay. I've read posts here on the DISboards reporting that there was a lot of debris on the beach there, but that wasn't the case at all when DH and I were there in September. I'm wondering whether it has to do with the time of year or is just luck of the draw. Were your photos taken at the main part of SB, or further down? I don't see any lounge chairs in the photos, so I thought it might be further down.

Yes the pictures we took were from further down the beach and there was definitely lots of debris all along the shore especially near the main part. You had to walk through 3-4 feet of it before you could get to the water. It felt kind of like strips of paper.

Loved your trip report. My wife and I are getting geared up for a 7 day kids-free western Caribbean in April. Your trip report really has me jacked up and ready to go.

In way of recommendation, would you prefer the wine and chocolate tasting or the mixology class? We aren't huge drinkers, but are hoping to broaden our horizons with one of these experiences. Recommendations?

Great TR!
Lots of really interesting and useful details and wonderful photos
Thanks!

Loved your trip report. My wife and I are getting geared up for a 7 day kids-free western Caribbean in April. Your trip report really has me jacked up and ready to go. In way of recommendation, would you prefer the wine and chocolate tasting or the mixology class? We aren't huge drinkers, but are hoping to broaden our horizons with one of these experiences. Recommendations?

Hi this is Jenna, Bobs wife...I would probably say to go for the chocolate and wine pairing classes. I say this even though we enjoyed both equally if you guys aren't big drinkers you will learn so much more from the wine and chocolate tasting. Mixology they really just tell you what to do and you make the drinks where as the chocolate and wine tasting the sommelier is giving background and interesting facts on what your eating and drinking and why and how things are paired. I think you will really enjoy this and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!

Just found your trip report. As I was reading through it, I realized that you were in the same room we were for our first Fantasy cruise, and it's the same room we have for our B2B Fantasy cruise this May!

Thanks for sharing a wonderful report!!

Heading over from your last TR. Haven't started reading yet, but 2 ships in a row??!! That is insane. Can't wait to read it all:)

Thanks for posting!

Update: just finished. Fabulous reading and pics. Which did you prefer: Eastern or Western?

Heading over from your last TR. Haven't started reading yet, but 2 ships in a row??!! That is insane. Can't wait to read it all:)

Thanks for posting!

Update: just finished. Fabulous reading and pics. Which did you prefer: Eastern or Western?

I think it's two different flavors of ice cream, both are great in different ways. I think St. Thomas/St. John is our favorite of all the ports though.

Amazing Report! Thanks for including the "print screens" of the app! Hubby and I are traveling on the Fantasy in May and it was very nice seeing the Disney Cruise experience through "adult only" eyes.

I have one question, which camera you used for the under water and parasailing shots? was it a gopro?

Amazing Report! Thanks for including the "print screens" of the app! Hubby and I are traveling on the Fantasy in May and it was very nice seeing the Disney Cruise experience through "adult only" eyes.

I have one question, which camera you used for the under water and parasailing shots? was it a gopro?

Thanks for reading. I did in fact use a gopro for those shots. I have the 3+ black. It makes for some very fun "selfies".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter