With This Schedule, Where Would You Stay?

I don't have any experience with renting DVC and I'm not opposed to it, but the two things I hate about it are no housekeeping and the fact that you have to pay the owner up front if you want the dining plan so they can add it. I realize these things aren't huge deals, but it's an annoyance that has deterred me from renting points for a while.

If I were you, I'd go back to WL. With children that age, I would imagine you'll be taking mid-day breaks? If so, you'll be glad to have the balcony you can go out on while the kids nap or whatever. Plus it's quick and easy transportation via boat or bus to MK, or even boat to Contemporary where you can pick up the monorail or walk to MK. Plus, WL has all new renovated rooms.

I would choose BLT first (monorail or walk to MK, monorail to EP, leaves bus for only AK and DHS), BWV or BCV second (again location, location, location). Transportation issues can make or break a WDW vacation, especially with little kids. Make it a vacation for you, too! Cut your transportation time and pick a monorail or EP resort!

We booked a preferred room, too....My 3-year old is a bit of a diva when it comes to walking. :rotfl2:

I hate to break it to you, but we were just at WDW with my 4 1/2 yr old (who was three on our last trip) and she is STILL a diva when it comes to walking!!!! Hoping your 3-yr old grows out of it quicker than mine did!

OP- Since bed size isn't a concern, base your resort choice on 1. price and then 2. what appeals to you. If you can afford deluxe, then location plays a little more importance because you can be closer to the park of your choosing and perhaps walk there. If you are looking at moderate or value, then location doesn't matter based on your schedule.

That is funny. Last year, I did my first trip with kids. The 15 month old insisted walking everywhere and the 5 year old complained constantly about walking.

The little one walked the entire way from the standard view at Acadian House in POR to the food court every single morning. While both couples went off to rides the attractions, the 15 month old and I walked for hours and the 5 year would walk for about an hour and then give up!

now love BLT - own there - so definitely love it.

if you are paying cash and can afford a deluxe go for it.

if you are not - then stick with Pop. It is a great resort - your age children will be happy at Pop. to the big icon - make sure the kids watch some old disney films - lady & tramp - jungle book - so they can know who these big things are....

Pop has the best bus transportation, a great food court (done of the deluxes do) they have quick service but it is more expensive than the food court at values.

best yet the kids - there should be some there ages - not many littles ones at deluxes.

so it is your choice - but in this economy might just stick with Pop.

I think kids that age would love Pop Century, but keep in mind that the rooms are tiny, there is only one sink, not much counter space, and the beds are doubles not queens. I know you said bed size isn't a concern but what about sink/bathroom area?

Have you looked at moderates? You get a little more space, slightly larger beds, and a water slide :) I have a hard time justifying a lot of $$$ on a resort at Disney, but am a fan of the moderates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter