• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

with the ticket prices going up on sunday where is the best place to buy????

We have a bit of a tight budget for this little 3 day trip. We only need 2 day base tickets a there is no discount offered on advance purchase of these from any source. We were planning to purchase them when we arrived, but with the price increase coming tomorrow, it just made sense to go ahead and purchase them today.

Now, I am just waiting to find out of we will be subject to the new tax hike. Since Disney has not yet sent us our confirmation letter, I am thinking that we will, unless I pay that in full also.

I just love technicalities. NOT! Maggie

justplaingoofy said:
We usually buy our tickets through ticketmania. I've found their prices less than Disney & maple leaf. Mousesavers used to have a link, but they only do maple leaf now. We never had a problem with ticketmania. Their prices unlike Disney has taxes already in the price and charge $6 shipping.

For a family of four going on a 7 day hopper, no expiry was a savings of $58 compared to Disney. Not sure if you would have to order them online today or when they will raise their prices They are also offering the buy 4 days get 2 free. (however additional days on an expiring ticket are only about $1-$2.)

Last year we got adult 10 day, hopper, no expiration, w/ water parks for $358 through ticketmania. :Pinkbounc

Your dog is adorable.......

If I buy 2, 5 day MYW tickets, will I be able to add a day on to my tickets if I want to purchase the Disney Dining Plan, or must I buy at the time that one day base ticket. I've been waiting to purchase a package and of course it coincides with Sunday, the day they are raising tickets.

Just curious if they will be raising the Annual and Florida resident passes?
Thanks, Becky

OhMari said:
If I buy 2, 5 day MYW tickets, will I be able to add a day on to my tickets if I want to purchase the Disney Dining Plan, or must I buy at the time that one day base ticket.
Sorry, but a ticket upgrade doesn't qualify a guest for a package requiring admission purchase.

I would also appreciate the mousesavers newsletter. We dont go until January so I never thought we would be looking to buy already. Thanks in advance!!

bicker said:
Sorry, but a ticket upgrade doesn't qualify a guest for a package requiring admission purchase.

Thanks Bicker-it's a sad day-I know prices will increase, I even said it way back in Spring, I wouldn't be surprised by another price increase. I just hope WDW doesn't come on Sunday and say tickets don't need to be purchased with the Dining Plan. Then I will flip.

The nice thing about Disney ticket media is that it is good forever (save for the host of 1 day tickets that Disney supposedly invalidated when they introduced the MYW system on Jan. 2, 2005.)

Buy what you can afford now and set them aside. We can be fairly certain the ticket prices won't go down, and the investment pays dividends when a child's ticket that has been used is then upgraded is still valid when that child is 10 or older.

The article advised that the price increase will be $4 a ticket. When a 8 day MYW ticket is purchased what would be the price increase? If the increase is $4 for a 1 day ticket times 8 days that would be a $32 increase, but arent longer tickets usually discounted? Any ideas on a possible 8 day ticket price increase?

From what I just read, a six-day ticket is going up in price $6 (total, not per day).

Hi,

I was planning to do some more research before buying the tickets, but then I found out that the price is going up tomm. I have joined the mousesaver but by the time I receive this months letter, it will be too late.

Can anyone please forward me the July letter.
My yahoo id is delta_in_tokyo (somehow disboards is not letting me post my complete yahoo e-mail. You may PM me or mail me the link by adding yahoo com at the end of the id)
TIA!!

bumping!

AboutMoni said:
Hi,

I was planning to do some more research before buying the tickets, but then I found out that the price is going up tomm. I have joined the mousesaver but by the time I receive this months letter, it will be too late.

Can anyone please forward me the July letter.
My yahoo id is delta_in_tokyo (somehow disboards is not letting me post my complete yahoo e-mail. You may PM me or mail me the link by adding yahoo com at the end of the id)
TIA!!

I just called the passholder line...which takes you to reservations...and I'm not very happy. Not only are the prices going up, but to renew my FL resident pass, it'll cost me almost what I paid for the pass last year, if not more. I bought the FL Annual Hopper pass from AAA last year and guess I didn't know they had a Premium pass which they now offer....or AAA didn't offer it. We have family in town tomorrow and were going to go to the water parks with them and now I have to buy another pass for that! It just infuriates me. I hate to wait until after tomorrow, but I don't have a choice. They lady on the phone says...well, since gas prices have gone up and lots of other things, we've increased prices, we don't every year. What???? I wanted to say...Oh, because Disney must be really suffering in the profit margin.

Really stinks that I only bought my daughter's pass a few months ago because I'm really thinking of not renewing my pass.

Rachel

Please pm me the link to the Mousesavers newsletter, too. I deleted mine after reading it last month, and would really like to order my 10-day tickets tonight! Thanks so much! :sunny:

jennobrn01 said:
i agree... dh and i just purchased from them tonight. :thumbsup2

I agree too going to buy them now how many days did you get?? DH wants me to get 7 so then we will have them for our next trip as well...thanks.....

We are going to be in the World 5 days. We almost purchased 7 days tix, but went ahead and did the 5. As a newbie wdw planner I am obsessed with sticking to my plans. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter