with the MK changes, I don't know what to do first...

debdebdebby13

Mouseketeer
The last time we went, nothing about MK had changed except Toontown was closed and the big walls were up. We followed a pretty similar path through the parks that we followed previously and everything went well. I am not a militant planner, but I do like to have a guideline to attempt to follow, just to make things easier.

Now that Storybook Circus is open and there is also a Merida M&G that I'm sure my DD will want in on, I'm not sure how to go about touring. Before we started in Fantasyland, because those were the must do's because the waits got long so quickly. Now Dumbo has two sets of elephants AND fastpasses.

So, should we start in Tomorrowland and do Space Mountain and then move on to BTMRR and Splash Mountain??

I'm also trying to use touringplans.com's customized TP, but they almost never suggest getting a FP. I know they don't think the park is going to be busy that day, but I've just gotten so used to using that FP that I feel uncomfortable not chasing it down for all the big rides.

What do I do?? Where do I go??

I am in the same boat. I am going to ask DD6 the night before what her #1 top priority is and do that first thing, then wing it from there.

I'm guessing that my plans will be something like this: Send someone for FP for princess M&G, then book it Merida.

We are going after Nov 19th and the official full soft opening. I have no idea what to expect from the New FL area. I am setting very few goals for the day and going to wing it from there. I am a big time planner but I am looking forward to low expectations.

Hope your trip is great! Be sure to post when you get back and let us all know how it went!

I am in the same boat as you. I will be in MK next week, and with all this new stuff opening my touring plans are all shot to hell.

The good thing is that with so much new stuff open, guests will disperse so there shouldn't be a huge wait (early on) at any one attraction. If you want to do the mountains, I still suspect that it's a good idea to get those first and get them with FPs if need be. The Merida M&G (which IIRC doesn't start right at park opening) is probably another one to get out of the way early.

I also agree with you that, in my personalized touring plans, they don't suggest using FP as much as I would. I think they are calculating that the time of running back and forth for all of the FPs is greater than the time of just waiting standby. Who knows...

FP Space, ride pan, head to Frontierland for BTMRR/SM.

The big change is that Dumbo is no longer a first thing must do - the dual spinners and FP availability make them low wait, can ride later.

Pooh is probably the second hardest attraction in Fantasyland (pre phase 2 opening)

I wouldn't waste early morning time waiting for a Merida M&G - we fit that in later just fine - maybe as you are heading back over to use your Space FP.

I also agree with you that, in my personalized touring plans, they don't suggest using FP as much as I would. I think they are calculating that the time of running back and forth for all of the FPs is greater than the time of just waiting standby. Who knows...

This is a huge deal, so if a plan is incorporating this thought then it is likely a good thing.

FP enforcement makes for TONS more walking - especially if you were a commando touring group.

Will you have more than once morning at MK? What we do is be at rope drop on a non- EMH morning and do all the big, non fantasy land stuff first. We FP Space mountain and hit the other two. We then plan an EMH morning and be there at opening to hit fantasy land. After the first hour or two each day, we slow down and just tour at will. We were great FPers and would use one adult as a FP runner and have enough stacked that we never waited in long lines. Sure miss that with the new FP enforcements.

Will you have more than once morning at MK? What we do is be at rope drop on a non- EMH morning and do all the big, non fantasy land stuff first. We FP Space mountain and hit the other two. We then plan an EMH morning and be there at opening to hit fantasy land. After the first hour or two each day, we slow down and just tour at will. We were great FPers and would use one adult as a FP runner and have enough stacked that we never waited in long lines. Sure miss that with the new FP enforcements.

This is the best strategy. :thumbsup2 MK really needs two days at RD: one for FL and one for the Mountains. Wish I had enough time on my upcoming trip for both!

Yes we will, We'll have one full day, non-EMH and then our last day, the day that we leave, we'll have AM EMH till about 2:30 or 3. I will try that during this trip. I'm so accustomed to have to "Dumbo or die!" to get the quickly or wait 2 hours, so this freedom is cramping my style, LOL.

In the same boat! I tweaked touring plans a few weeks ago just to see, and it suggested Peter Pan first for one option, then Splash Mtn / BTM first for another option. I think we'll probably do FL first this time so I can keep an eye on any lines for FL preview, then head to Tomorrowland after lunch, saving Frontierland for morning of our second MK day with Merida & other princesses for 4pm that evening before MNSSHP (hopefully the crowds will thinning by then).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter