• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With Every Passing Hour, I'm So Glad I Left My Tower! My Solo Birthday Adventure *NEW 3/5

Joining in. Glad you were finally able to arrive in Orlando. Can't believe someone wouldn't help out that family. Looking forward to reading about your trip!

Gail

Seriously can't believe that second flight. I never fly Southwest because the only airline that flies into my tiny hometown is Delta, but seriously. Is it really worth the delay to keep the seat you picked out? That's just depressing.

So glad you finally got to Orlando though! Can't wait to read all about the rest of the trip!

Following along! Glad to see another Mainer on the Dis! :) I've been starting to plan my first solo trip for this Sept/Oct. (since non of my friends are interested :() Reading solo reports like yours helps! Uhhh, what wrong with some people? Just move, you'll get where you're going quicker. haha Can't wait to read more of your TR. :)

I'm glad your flight was nice and smooth! Too bad about the little drama on the plane!

I'm here!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!! That's so brutal about people not wanting to move to help someone out. What's the big deal?? I guess when people pay to choose their seats they get all bent out of shape being asked to move...but what can you do...

That's the thing, they couldn't even choose seats before the got on the plane, it was first come first serve. No on wanted to give up their window or aisle seat for a middle seat. I get that squishing between strangers stinks, but seriously people.

Ugh. That second flight sounds awful. Sitting at the gate for an hour waiting to go to Disney sounds like absolute torture. :sad2:

It wasn't that bad until I watched them load the wet-vac onto the plane the second time to clean up, then I started getting antsy.

Not bad after such a long delay at the gate.

I always feel the same way.

It definitely could have been worse!

Sounds horrible. Seriously, people, I know you like your seats, but if you get up, you get to Orlando sooner!
I'm glad they ended up getting seats, even if iy was because someone else got off the plane.

Yay!!!

It was just annoying and you could tell the pilot was getting irritated.

I think I told you this already on your PTR, but your luggage is so cute! :cutie:

Such a cute photo! And your shirt... is there any doubt where you're headed? :goodvibes

I love this! What a great feeling! :hyper:

Girl, I had to get off the Crack Crush. It was doing me in. I couldn't handle it! :scared:

That's just ridiculous. People are so self-centered, it's just absolutely amazing. :sad2:

Thank you! I started getting bored with candy crush, so I don't play it as much as I used to, but it can certainly get addicting.

Joining in. Glad you were finally able to arrive in Orlando. Can't believe someone wouldn't help out that family. Looking forward to reading about your trip!

Gail

Welcome!

I love your luggage! Love the plane photos, too! Can't wait to read more! :-)

Thank you!

Seriously can't believe that second flight. I never fly Southwest because the only airline that flies into my tiny hometown is Delta, but seriously. Is it really worth the delay to keep the seat you picked out? That's just depressing.

So glad you finally got to Orlando though! Can't wait to read all about the rest of the trip!

It was the first time I flew Southwest, they are the only airline that flies "direct" out of my airport and I didn't want to deal with layovers if I didn't have to.

Hi, following along! :-)

Welcome!

Following! Can't wait to read more!

Welcome!

Following along! Glad to see another Mainer on the Dis! :) I've been starting to plan my first solo trip for this Sept/Oct. (since non of my friends are interested :() Reading solo reports like yours helps! Uhhh, what wrong with some people? Just move, you'll get where you're going quicker. haha Can't wait to read more of your TR. :)

Yay another Maine Diser!! I read a bunch of solo TRs before my trip, they definitely helped

Subscribing!

People never cease to amaze me. How selfish they were!

Welcome!

looking forward to your next post :)

It will be up soon! Thanks for reading!

I'm glad your flight was nice and smooth! Too bad about the little drama on the plane!

It was a great flight overall. If that is all I had to deal with to get to Disney, I will take it

Joining your report. I have done solo trips in the past and have one booked in October. They are pretty fun.

I definitely understand no layovers, I would love a direct flight to Orlando! And hopefully the rest of your trip got much better :D

Joining in too! What a flight but at least you got there in the end. Looking forward to the next instalment!

I've got a dream to go to Disney solo for my birthday. (Keeping slightly with the tangled theme from the title) So I'm joining in! I'm also a teacher and looking for a job for next school year and I also really like your luggage! Pink is my favorite color.

When I left off I had just boarded the Magical Express, and before long we were on our way. TO DISNEY!! I watched some of the video, but couldn’t really get into it. I miss the old ME video. I get that there is a ton of updated information they had to add, but I really wish they had kept the theme of the characters going on vacation.
I happened to glance out the window, towards the back of the bus, and spotted the Characters in Flight Balloon. I was surprised to see my first glimpse of Disney property so soon. I turned my head back to the front and boom there was the Walt Disney World sign. I almost missed it! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a very good picture.

upload_2015-5-28_20-49-6.png

And it wasn’t long before I spotted this beauty.

upload_2015-5-28_20-49-57.png

And I arrived at my home for the next week!! Art of Animation! I was so excited to be staying here.

upload_2015-5-28_20-50-26.png

I got off the bus, grabbed my bag, and tried really hard not to run into the lobby. I looked cool, but I was surprised how narrow it is. It was a little lackluster compared to other lobbies I’ve seen, but it is a value resort after all.

upload_2015-5-28_20-51-0.png
Right as you walk in

upload_2015-5-28_20-51-29.png
The check-in desks

upload_2015-5-28_20-51-57.png
Some amazing art on the walls.

I did online check in, so I got in that line and only had to wait a few minutes. The CM made me a birthday button and then grabbed my welcome packet to find that someone already made me one, so I got two! It was a quick process, he gave me directions to my room, and then I was off!

I was planning on taking pictures as I walked through the resort, but it was really hard to wheel my suitcase, hold my welcome packet, and balance a camera. So, I only got one picture of the Big Blue Pool as I passed.

upload_2015-5-28_20-52-27.png

I had heard that the Little Mermaid rooms are really far away from the main building, and I was really worried about have to walk so far. But it wasn’t bad at all. I had requested a room close to transportation and on the second floor. And I got a second floor room in the middle of one of the closer buildings, the King Tritan building. And it was a pool view. I was happy with it. I couldn’t wait to check out my room! I was very excited to see I had a king sized bed! It was so nice to stretch out across it after a long day.

upload_2015-5-28_20-52-54.png

upload_2015-5-28_20-53-9.png

upload_2015-5-28_20-53-25.png

upload_2015-5-28_20-55-21.png

upload_2015-5-28_20-55-55.png
That shower was amazing!

upload_2015-5-28_20-56-20.png
The view from my window

My plan had been to eat at the resort and then get to the park by 8. But at that point is was already almost 8 and I wasn’t hungry so I decided to skip dinner and go straight to the park. I threw some essentials into my park bag, changed into shorts, and was on my way! But first I had to stop and take some pictures from the stair well.

upload_2015-5-28_20-56-47.png

upload_2015-5-28_20-57-4.png

The walk back to the bus stop didn’t seem that long. There were some other people in line but I didn’t have to wait long for a bus and easily found a seat.

Where was I headed? You’ll have to wait to find out ;)

What a great photo! We stayed at Art of Animation and the pool is cool. My kids loved the underwater speakers.

Waiting for the next installment....

upload_2015-5-28_20-51-29-png.99628

The check-in desks
When I visited AoA last year, I thought that lighted wall behind the check-in desks was just gorgeous!

I was very excited to see I had a king sized bed! It was so nice to stretch out across it after a long day.

upload_2015-5-28_20-52-54-png.99631
Score!!! I had a king bed at Pop last year for my solo trip, and it was the great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter