Wishes with new hats!

2) I think I'll let others buy them and enjoy the effect.
3) Besides, I can't see the ears on my own head.

Exactly the conclusions we came to at DCA. DS was really annoyed that he couldn't see his own hat. Didn't believe it was doing anything. And it was SO heavy that he really got nothing from wearing it. So let the other suckers wear it lol.

Exactly the conclusions we came to at DCA. DS was really annoyed that he couldn't see his own hat. Didn't believe it was doing anything. And it was SO heavy that he really got nothing from wearing it. So let the other suckers wear it lol.

Coming from a kid that all makes so much sense :rotfl: It made me laugh because I can completely see so many others using this logic.

Perhaps now we can persuade all the other folk who bought them to hold them in their hands so that they can see their own hats to stop ears directly in our line of vision from serving as a blinding obstruction ...... your DS may be onto something here :idea: ;)

Perhaps now we can persuade all the other folk who bought them to hold them in their hands so that they can see their own hats to stop ears directly in our line of vision from serving as a blinding obstruction ...... your DS may be onto something here :idea: ;)

DD attended the second Fant! show on the 15th Anniversary. She was seated in the Patio area at the top of the amphitheater and had a great view of the glow ear effects. She said many guests who received the free glow ears at the first show came back to the second show and held their hats on their laps to watch their own glow show. I'm sure they were too heavy to wear through a second showing.

DD said the glow interface is better with Fant! than it is with World of Color which she saw a couple of months ago and wasn't very impressed. DD was very impressed with the Fant syncing to the point she called me as soon as it ended to say she will buy me glow ears for my December visit! I'm kinda hoping that feeling will pass before I get there!;)

Where can you get these ears outside of the parks? I looked at the disney shopping website but didn't see them there. Would love to get them to surprise my dd's before our trip next month.

Nothing like having a sea of iPad screen-like circles in your face while trying to enjoy the program.

Where can you get these ears outside of the parks? I looked at the disney shopping website but didn't see them there. Would love to get them to surprise my dd's before our trip next month.

You can call the Merchandise Guest Services Mail Order line:
tel:877-560-6477

She said many guests who received the free glow ears at the first show came back to the second show and held their hats on their laps to watch their own glow show. I'm sure they were too heavy to wear through a second showing.

DD said the glow interface is better with Fant! than it is with World of Color which she saw a couple of months ago and wasn't very impressed. DD was very impressed with the Fant syncing to the point she called me as soon as it ended to say she will buy me glow ears for my December visit! I'm kinda hoping that feeling will pass before I get there!;)

I like the concept of this so I don't want to be too hard on it, especially since I haven't been there in person to experience it. I do think that there are practical drawbacks and also, I wonder how good the overall effect will be with more sparse use of the hats (shows where they have not been given for free). I think the effect was great on the Fantasmic streaming of the first F! show, but that relied heavily on the majority of the audience wearing them.

Like you, I am hoping that either they have really caught on by next year, or the novelty has completely worn off before I spend $25 on a once off novelty (that I am likely to end up carrying around the rest of the night :rotfl:)

Nothing like having a sea of iPad screen-like circles in your face while trying to enjoy the program.

Now you make a good point there. I've kind of got used to the iPads and screens for the most part. Again it depends where you are standing, I suppose.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but will they just light up when you turn them on? Trying to figure out if they'd light up once home?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but will they just light up when you turn them on? Trying to figure out if they'd light up once home?

Yes, there is a manual/random mode...
6707e717966d03dce38a3c272c8a5928_zpse5a53c8f.jpg

I actually love the concept. We were at Disney last week - after hearing about glow with the show, we wanted to change our plans to see a "GWTS" Fantasmic. I would have loved to go on the 15th, anniversary and first night, but we weren't able to switch our park plans, dining reservations, etc. We decided to attend on Friday, the 18th.

It was disappointing. I think that the ears are cool - but there were only a few of them dispersed throughout the theater. Oh, I am sure it was hundreds, but among thousands of people, it was difficult to get any effect. The 4 kids with us wore them, but there were not any in front of us, so the kids could not enjoy the effect. I heard the people behind us actually say - cool, that looks so neat! Maybe it will catch on with time - or maybe it won't. I guess we'll just need to wait and see.

I found myself looking away from the show the try to check out what the GWTS ears were doing, so they ended up being a distraction. If it was the first show when they were given away, I would think that the effect would be obvious.

We purchased the ears early in the day - but all of the kids found them too heavy to wear all day. And they will be heavy to pack for the return trip to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter