Wishes vs. Illuminations Cruise

TexDisney

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are beginning to arrange a trip to WDW for December 2007. We will be on the Platinum Package, whish includes either the Wishes or the Illuminations fireworks cruise. :sail:

Has anyone done both? Any thoughts on which would be better? :confused3

Thanks!:thanks:

-Lauren :ccat:

Hi Lauren,
I've only done the Wishes Cruise (this past April) & we absolutely loved it!
As the Captain took us out, he began to explain some of the changes that have occurred @ MK over the years. He positioned the boat so we'd have the best possible view & told us about Walt's ideas & plans for WDW. Aftr the fireworks were over, he rode us around & explained different points of interest, changes at MK over the years, & gave us info regarding some of the resorts at MK.
When it was over, instead of leaving us off at the Contemporary, he left us off at the dock closest to the MK entrance so we would have an easy time exiting.
We learned a lot of interesting info & had a great time too!
I've read some comments from people who did Illuminations - some love it more than Wishes - others complained about alot of smoke near the boats from the show.
Hopefully someone who's been there can give you a first hand report.
My family all agreed that they'd be happy to do the Wishes cruise again.
Hope this helps.
Karen L :thumbsup2

We did the illuminations cruise and the boats moor under a bridge to view the fireworks - I didn't expect that.

Next time we are doing the WISHES cruise.

DW and I did both this year and we agreed that illuminations was better because you were closer and typically had an unobstructed view. You could actually feel the heat from the inferno barge.

On the wishes cruise you are pretty far away. That's not a slight on wishes but having been to Calf Grill many times you have a better view there of the fireworks and pipe in the music...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter