• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes under 20k????

lgold1212

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Has anyone on here recently planned a wishes wedding in WDW for under 20k?

Yes! There are a lot of us! My final bill for my Wishes wedding is just under 12k, inclusive of taxes and fees and an Epcot photoshoot. However, the minimum for morning weddings has gone up to 12k, but it can definitely be done.

PrincessSarahK had a BEAUTIFUL wedding for under 20k. I think her BEO is posted in the Budget thread, and check out her PJ!

Yes and no. The yes is for guest counts that are between 20 and 50 probably. We have 70 people coming and our food and beverage cost is over 10k alone. Add in all the other elements and it gets hard to keep it under 20k. You might have to make a lot of cuts and sacrifices with decor and floral cause it can be a little pricey for the smallest things. Best of luck though

Our wishes wedding for 35 people was 17k, including a dessert party. It definitely is doable but it all comes down to the guest count.

We had 32, weekday brunch, cakes, 2 characters. We almost didn't meet the minimum because folks didn't drink much and our MK session didn't count because it wasn't same day I believe. We would have had a few more people or done "more" in hindsight.

Like a pp said, it's all about the guest count.

We had an evening wishes wedding for 60 people for 16K. I was a big DIY bride so I was able to save money there but it is totally do-able! :goodvibes

I too had a wishes wedding for around 16k. It was a lunch reception with beer wine and soda hosted for 75 people. I saved on floral by doing own centerpieces and personal floral.

It is definitely doable. Just try to create a look within your theme with inexpensive decor and possibly a few compromises on time of day, guest list, and location. I did the math for all of my options before I signed to make sure it was doable.

Wish you well!

I'm working on ours currently to get it right at 20k... we're having a 5pm wedding with 80 people. It's slightly stressful with 4 months and 4 days to go and I'm always taking ideas to get us there! :goodvibes

I hope so DD is just in the thought stage of having her wedding in Disney, there will be 21 of us so escape out of the question, if she does the wishes then we will invite other family members :lovestruc

We had 38 guests, a Sago Cay DP, amazing lunch reception & MK photo shoot in June 2010 for just under 14k. It's definitely possible. We had a morning weekday wedding when the minimum was 10k. We could have stayed closer to the 10k minimum but I started adding in extras ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter