• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes or illumination cruise

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
Hi,
Has anyone been on these special cruises? would you reccomend them and if youve done both which one is the best??
Also how suitable are they for a 2yr old??
Such a lot of questions but I just read about these and think it would be a brill surprise for my hubby on his bday :cheer2:
Thnks guys

Ive been on the Wishes cruise and it was lovely, you get a great view of the fireworks over the castle. My friend has done the Illuminations cruise and she said that was amazing. I think the Illuminations cruise is probably better, however as the boats are closer to the fireworks I wonder whether it might be a bit scary for a 2 year old, the Wishes cruise is further away so you can't really hear the bangs.

I would choose the Illuminations cruise over Wishes any day. I found the wishes one to be too far out, sound track on boat was awful and the cruise was very, very dark. However, the Illuminations one was very light as we cruised around the Boardwalk and upto DHS before going to see the Illuminations, we didn't find it too loud.

She loves the fireworks and the bangs dont frighten her i was worried about how suitable the boat is?? :confused3
Cant seem to actually find any pics of the boat on internet !!:surfweb:

Little ones have to wear a life jacket and there is plenty of room, you get crisps and drinks and if you are anything like us a very lively, fun pilot for the boat.
Wishes Cruise
IMG_4962.jpg

Illuminations Cruise (we shared the cruises with the same two families)
IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

We've got an Illuminations cruise booked for February. It sounds fantastic, we cant wait.

We posted a request to share a cruise with another family, we have paired up with an American family so it's cut the cost in half. :thumbsup2

Hi,
Has anyone been on these special cruises? would you reccomend them and if youve done both which one is the best??
Also how suitable are they for a 2yr old??
Such a lot of questions but I just read about these and think it would be a brill surprise for my hubby on his bday :cheer2:
Thnks guys

you will be hard pushed,to book one,for your upcoming trip,as they are usually booked up,as soon as they become available.
they are so popular,but it may be worth a try,good luck!
tracy

We have done both and we preferred the Wishes cruise:thumbsup2 . The boats are very close together under a bridge for the illuminations cruise and although you are much closer to the fireworks display, I don't think it feels as exclusive as the wishes cruise. We also had a much better captain on the wishes cruise very friendly and informative, the illuminations captain was very poor,but I guess that's just pot luck. Illuminations does seem to be the most popular and books up quicker so you may still have a chance of getting a Wishes cruise :goodvibes

I've only done the Illuminations Cruise so can only comment on that - it's well worth doing and you feel very privileged to be in such a prime location and seeing everyone up on the bridge behind you watching!

Good luck getting either of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter