Wishes if going to MVMCP?

mlktwins

Mouseketeer
Hi all! If we attend the MVMCP and see the castle lighting and fireworks there, do we really need to see Wishes too? Not sure how much different they will be.

Thanks much!

For me, personally, one version of Wishes is enough for one trip - they're both really good, but if I were to pick between the two, definitely just check out the Christmas version. :)

they are both great...but Christmas Wishes is amazing...it really helps get you in the Christmas spirit...see both

I actually don't care for the normal Wishes, however Christmas Wishes is one of my favorites, and if we go around that time, I try to see it more than once. :thumbsup2

I would say if you never seen Holiday Wishes then you should watch it. Plus during MVMCP Holiday Wishes starts earlier at 9:30 PM and since the party itself begins at 7:00 PM it's not a long wait for it to begin.

I personally would want to see both. Christmas Wishes really gets you in the Holiday spirit!

There's no fireworks shown during the castle lighting and it takes place during regular park hours, so you don't need to go to MVMCP if your main reason for going would be to see the castle lighting.

How do they get all the people who didnt buy a ticket out of the park for MVMCP? I would think people would just stand there and not move or hide somewhere. Why buy a ticket? if u wanted to see the MVMCP wishes what stops someone from doing this. I do have my tickets for MVMCP so I wont be trying this but wondering.

How do they get all the people who didnt buy a ticket out of the park for MVMCP? I would think people would just stand there and not move or hide somewhere. Why buy a ticket? if u wanted to see the MVMCP wishes what stops someone from doing this. I do have my tickets for MVMCP so I wont be trying this but wondering.

When you enter the park you get a wristband. Lets just say the CMs are not too friendly to those who do not have a wrist band after 7 pm. They dont even let you in the bathroom! :rotfl:
They used to be more lenient, but I saw a lot of funny CM and pissed off guest interactions at the beginning of MNSSHP last year. People didnt think they needed to buy a ticket like everyone else! :rolleyes1

Personally I like regular Wishes better than the fireworks at MVMCP.
It was a disappointment for me. So I would definitely see the regular ones.

CMs checking for wristbands all night and not letting guests deeper into the park. Christmas Wishes isn't until 930 so presumably no one that hadn't paid for a ticket would still have managed to be around at this point.

Liz

They will even check wristbands for people just sitting around on Main Street.

We try to see both fireworks shows on our December trips. After all, we also want to see the Main Street Electrical Parade and this year we will want to see the new show (magic, memories and you????) so we might as well see Wishes too.

Just be aware that Wishes is available so few nights of the week during party season (the party is up to 4 nights a week) that the non-party nights packs them in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter