• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Wishes from the Comtemporary

MmmSuite

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I'm headed back for a quick trip to Disney on Jan 2nd(maybe)! I'm only in the park two days. I'm wondering where I could watch Wishes at the Contemporary if I had a late Chef Mickey's dinner? Dinner is at 7:55 and Wishes is at 10:00. I'm going go a little early and check in, so hopefully we finish around 9:30-9:45.

I've watched Wishes from right outside BLT- not the best vantage point, but if you're quiet you can hear most of the music! :)

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor. Audio from the show is piped-in.

The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar. Audio from the show is piped-in.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

You can watch from the 4th floor observation deck.

The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar. Audio from the show is piped-in.

So anyone can use the observation deck, correct?

I echo the bridge between bay lake tower and the contemporary. Yes, anyone can go out on the bridge, you just can't go inside the bay lake tower without a room there (magic band entry). There is an observation deck there as well, but I find the bridge to be less crowded and has great viewing! Another option is the bar at the california grill. Go have a cocktail and get your little one a virgin and go outside and watch the fireworks from their deck!

I echo the bridge between bay lake tower and the contemporary. Yes, anyone can go out on the bridge, you just can't go inside the bay lake tower without a room there (magic band entry). There is an observation deck there as well, but I find the bridge to be less crowded and has great viewing! Another option is the bar at the california grill. Go have a cocktail and get your little one a virgin and go outside and watch the fireworks from their deck!
So they let you go up to the bar with kids? I'm surprised. Have you done this?

So they let you go up to the bar with kids? I'm surprised. Have you done this?

I do not personally have children but I have seen children in the seated area for the bar (not AT the bar itself). The seats where the bar wait staff serve drinks.

I do not personally have children but I have seen children in the seated area for the bar (not AT the bar itself). The seats where the bar wait staff serve drinks.
Oh okay, I just wonder is these patrons are seated there because they are waiting to be seated for their ADR or finished with dinner and sticking around for Wishes. I can't imagine them letting a whole family with children up there just for the bar, maybe a single couple. But who knows it could all depend on the CM.

Thanks for the great maps as usual!!! Do you or anyone have pics from the different vantage points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter